TWENTY-SIX

Moments of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yang Hyun Suk was having a good day. He just got back from vacation with his family and his company is still standing. Not that he doubted it of course, but with his artists, you  just never know. Most of them are like overgrown children so he has learned to expect the worst. 
  Having a low-key event rather than their usual clubbing one was also a good choice. He was still tired from traveling, having only arrived in Seoul that morning. He put in a full day at the office going over various reports and proposals. 
  He looked over at the other occupants of the room he was in. It was mostly the top executives of YGE and it's subsidiaries. 
  Conversation as well as the wine was overflowing. Sean was relaying his youngest child's most recent antics when he received an email. He was about to ignore it but something in his gut told him not to.
  Nodding appropriately at Sean's story, he casually opened the email and released a curse. "Damn it." He fired off an email, disregarding the curious looks he got from his companions. Seconds later his phone rang. The caller started speaking as soon as he answered. "Why didn't we hear about this earlier?" He demanded. Turning to Jinu, he asked him to turn on the TV and put it on a channel airing entertainment news aka gossip.
  With a puzzled glance at YG, Jinu obeyed. Everyone in the room watched as the hosts talked about Song Joongki's latest drama, JYP's newest idol group and SES' comeback, then they broke for commercial.
  Eunkyoung looked at YG and he was still busy on his phone, occasionally looking at the TV screen.  "Hyun Suk.."
  YG raised his index finger, non-verbally asking for a minute. Eunkyoung nodded acknowledging his request. She looked at the other people in the room and they were all as confused as she is. Then suddenly, the show was back on and the hosts were gushing about the newest celebrity couple.
  Eunkyoung watched in interest as the hosts dragged on the big reveal.
  "These two are just too hot handle and we have photographic proof to back that claim up!" the first host said.
  "Haven't they been linked to each other before?"
  "They have" The other host confirmed. "But the issue died down when their companies didn't release any statements and no evidence was provided."
  "But now, we have proof. South Korea, brace yourselves because we will be revealing the newest celebrity couple sure to top anyone's list of relationship goals!"
  "They're gorgeous. They're y. They're talented. They're famous. They dominate the lists when we talk about celebrity ideal types. And they seem to have found the fountain of youth!"
  "We're talking about Kim Jaejoong and Sandara Park!"
  "What?!" Eunkyoung exclaimed, nearly spitting out the wine that she just drank. She turned to YG waiting for him to explain. He was staring at the screen, his face unreadable. Finding no answers there she turned back towards the TV and she could feel her jaw hang open in surprise. She's seen Dara with other males before, but she can't deny that the visual she's seeing right now is truly exceptional. She tried to recall the CF storyboard that she approved and while she couldn't remember this scene, she admits that they could have added that later on or that this scene is part of an even bigger one. 
  On screen, the hosts are still rambling but the screen is now split, with more than a half of it showing the photo of Sandara and Jaejoong wrapped in each other's arms.
  "Now, they do have a CF coming out with none other than T.O.P., who is another swoon-worthy idol, but we have it on very good authority that this photo is not part of the shoot they did recently."
  "Whether they did it before that CF's shoot, we don't know. Do you think we'll get a statement from C-Jes and YG about this?"
  "I hope they confirm their relationship!" one host gushed. "They look like such an adorable couple and they look extremely happy in this photo. Either they are that good in acting or they really are happy to be spending time with each other."
  "We look forward to seeing more of this gorgeous couple soon. Even if they claim to be just friends, don't worry dear friends, their CFs are dropping soon."
  "Is this a marketing strategy for the Cass endorsement?" Sean asked.
  "I did not approve this." Eunkyoung told him quietly. Then just as quietly, she turned to YG who was still staring at the screen. "Hyun Suk, did they run this by you? Should I call our lawyers?"
  YG was deep in thought. He sighed then stood up. "Excuse me ladies and gentlemen but I need to get the bottom of this. I'm sure this is nothing but I'll feel better once I'm holding the reins again. What a welcome, eh?"  He wearily walked out of the room. "I'm getting Sandara."
  Eunkyoung followed YG, worry creeping in. If this was a leak or a breach of contract issue, the man would have been angry but right now, it seems like he is more concerned than angry. 
  They entered the function room where they were told Sandara is. They found an interesting tableau. Sandara was staring at a giggling Bom, Jiyong was watching a TV screen silently and Seungri was fidgeting behind him.
  "Sandara Park!" YG's voice boomed. "Come with me."
  The room's occupants exchanged worried glances but Sean quickly assured them. Sandara also gave them all a reassuring smile before she let Eunkyoung lead her away.
  Jiyong remained rooted on his spot as he watched his girlfriend walking away. He started to go after her but was waylaid by an arm draped across his shoulder.
  "Leave her be, man!" Teddy ordered. "This is work stuff, so just let her go have her meeting with Sajangnim. I don't think he'll scold her. I mean, it's like she released the photo, right?"
  Jiyong nodded, still looking at the door where his girlfriend exited. Seeing this, Teddy gave him a playful shove. "Oh, man! Don't tell me you're jealous. You've done way worse in your MVs."
  Jiyong remained silent but gave an awkward smile. "Man, let that go. You've got the girl and for reasons unknown, she loves you!"
  "She does." Jiyong agreed.
  _____________________________
  Dara sat beside Eunkyoung quietly in the small empty office that YG commandeered,as they waited for the president to speak. She isn't sure if she should start the conversation or not but she really doesn't know what to say so she just chose to remain silent.
  "I'm guessing this isn't a leak.." Eunkyoung ventured, breaking the silence. YG sighed and Dara shook her head. "Okay.. What do we do about it?"
  "Are there more photos,Sandara?" YG asked sternly.
  "I don't know, Sajangnim." Dara whispered. She looked down at her lap not wanting to see the disappointment or anger in two of the faces that she respects the most.
  "How can you not know?!" He demanded, slamming a fist down on the table. Dara flinched at the action but she told her president about the first photo and how Jaejoong tried to find the source.
  "I didn't say anything because we really weren't sure if there are more.." 
  "How can you be so careless? It's only a matter of time before people connect Jaejoong's photo to this one! In fact I'm surprised they haven't already done so." YG asked. "I didn't ask you questions about this.. this.. relationship.. You knew the rules! You knew what was at stake! How can you do this?!" As YG's voice raised, Dara's head dropped to hide the tears forming in her eyes. Eunkyoung smoothed a hand down the younger girl's back in comfort. "How can we go into damage control when we're running blind?!"
  "Hyun Suk.. Dara didn't ask for this." Eunkyoung reminded. "She's been with Jiyong for the longest time now.. and she's always been careful. Let's just take a breath and think about this rationally."
  "You're right." YG conceded. "We won't get anywhere tonight. I'm setting up a meeting with Jaejoong and Chang-ju. Eunkyoung, if you could also attend please. All four of us are too involved.. We might need someone rational to keep things on track." And someone who sincerely cares for Dara, he added to himself.
  "All four of you?" Eunkyoung asked. YG looked pointedly at Dara so she started giving Eunkyoung the story. Well, the important parts. "And Jiyong knows?"
  YG's gave a groan, not looking forward to an angry dragon.
  "I told him about it but we haven't had the chance to discuss it." Dara admitted, extremely thankful that she managed to tell Jiyong before this scandal hit.
  "At least you told him. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." YG ordered Dara harshly but after a pause his face softened. "Just take care of him. This must come as a shock.."
  "I never wanted to hurt him, Sajangnim. You know how much I don't want to hurt him."
  "I do.." YG agreed. "Until we figure out what to say, I think it's best if you avoid the crowds first."
  Sandara accepted the dismissal and stood to leave. After thanking Eunkyoung for her support and the promise to talk soon, she turned back to YG and bowed, "I'm sorry for all the trouble, Sajangnim. I'll do whatever you think is best.."
  "Don't make promises you can't keep, Sandara Park." YG cautioned her. Dara nodded and turned to leave with a heavy heart.
  She stared at the closed door for a few seconds, composing herself and when she finally felt that she was as ready as she could be, she opened the door and stepped out into the hall.
  Only to find Kwon Jiyong seated on one of the couches scattered in the hallways. His arms rested on his knees and his head was bowed down. At the sound of the door opening, he looked up finding Dara staring right back at him.
  She took a tentative step forward, faltering when he suddenly straightened up. "I.. I think I'm heading home now.. Sajangnim suggested that I lay low until.." She stopped speaking, her eyes looking anywhere but his face.
  Jiyong silently opened his arms to her. Dara released a sigh of relief before rushing into his embrace. Jiyong tightened his arms around her and placed a kiss on top of her head. "Let's go home then." But Dara only hugged him tighter.
  _____________________________

The car ride home was silent with Dara too spent to actually start the conversation and Jiyong still too deep in his thoughts to do it.

  When they arrived, Jiyong gently took Dara's hand as they walked. Reaching the living room, Jiyong nudged Dara towards the bedroom. "You're tired. Go ahead and get ready for bed. We could use an early night."Dara hesitated as she watched Jiyong bury his face in his hands.
  "I.. I'm sorry." She whispered as she took a seat next to him on the couch.
  "Did you love him?" He asked quietly but directly.
  "I.. uh.. there were.. uhm.. love type feelings.. I guess.." Dara mumbled looking at the Jiyong's defeated figure.
  Jiyong peeked at her but didn't straighten up. "I guess the feeling was mutual, eh?"
  "We.."
  "I don't even know why the hell I am asking." Jiyong sat up straight. "Of course he loved you. How the hell could he not love you?"
  Dara smiled at the unintentional compliment. "Jiyong.. I love you.. Only you."
"I know that." he told her. "It happened a long time ago, right?" Dara nodded emphatically causing Jiyong to chuckle. "Then I understand. Wait, no.. I'll try to understand. I.. It's hard for me know that you loved this guy.. That there was a time in your life after we met that you belonged to somebody else. Someone not me. But that's not your fault. It's on me. I was stupid enough to let you go.. to drive you away.."
  "Jiyong.."
  "I can't say I'm 100% okay with it but I'm going to do my best to let it go, okay?" Dara nodded gratefully. "I just need some time to be not okay.. But I will try my hardest to move forward.. because I don't want to lose you again."
  "You're not.."
  "But I could." Jiyong countered. "I was so mad after seeing that photo. So mad.. I just wanted to punch somebody in the face.. I left for a while.. Sat down on the couch in front of the room where you were meeting with YG Hyung and sulked.. Then I got a sense of deja vu.. and I remembered this was how I felt before I lost you.. And Dara, losing you is the last thing I want to happen."
  Dara threw herself at Jiyong. Straddling him as she hugged him tight. Jiyong returned the embrace with equal fervor. "I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you." Dara chanted. "Always remember that I love you."
  "I'll try, baby girl. I'll try.." Jiyong whispered.

  The following morning, as expected, Dara was summoned to YG's office for a meeting with Baek Chang-ju and Jaejoong. When she told Jiyong, he stilled for a beat and turned away from her. Then after a few seconds, he told her that they can go to YGE together since he needs to be in the studio with Big Bang.
  When they reached YGE, Jiyong insisted on walking her up to the 7th floor. He held her hand as they waited for the elevator. "It's going to be fine." Jiyong assured her. "It happens. We usually don't give a statement anyway.. so I'm not sure why you have to have this meeting.."
  Dara shrugged. "I think with the CF, they just want to make sure the endorsements won't be affected."
  Jiyong nodded. "Makes sense. But I'm sure the Cass people don't mind, they get free publicity.. TOP hyung might though.. You know he hates it when he's not the center of attent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter