THIRTEEN

Moments of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinwoo was the first to wake up and as he stood to go to the bathroom, he noticed that Mino wasn't in bed. He looked at the empty bed in worry and decided to consult leader Kang.

"Seungyoon-ah.." He tapped his leader's arm in an attempt to wake him up. "Seungyoon-ah.."

"Whu- What?" Seungyoon raised his head but his eyes were still half-closed.

"Mino isn't here." Jinwoo whispered.

Seungyoon ran his hand down his face in attempt to wake up more. "He's with the sunbaes so he should be okay, but still.. " He sat up and reached for his cellphone and started dialling Mino's number. "Have you checked if Seungri hyung is back?"

Jinwoo shook his head and left to do just that. He returned a few moments later to report that not only was Seungri MIA but so was Jiyong. "Jiyong hyung wouldn't have killed him for accompanying Dara noona, right?"

"Aisht." Seungyoon said as he stood up and put on a shirt. "Of course not. He's not completely irrational. Let's go downstairs, maybe they're there."

They quietly made their way out so they wouldn't disturb the still sleeping idols. Seungyoon went to the kitchen to quickly wash his face and grab a bottle of water. He then made his way to the den, recalling where they found Dara and Seungri when they first arrived.

Jinwoo on the other hand made his way towards the living room, only to stop by the entryway. He had a small smile on his face as he spied Dara and Jiyong cuddling on the couch fast asleep. Jiyong had his arms around Dara, whose face was buried in the crook of his neck. The look peaceful. 'I guess they made up.' he thought.

"They aren't in the back of the house." Seungyoon announced as he joined Jinwoo. "Oh. I guess they're good now. That's good."

Seungyoon approached the couch where Mino was still sleeping with his mouth open. He took out his phone and started snapping photos. Jinwoo approached them and started poking Mino's cheeks as Seungyoon filmed.

Jjangmae found them doing this. "Kids these days. Stop making fun of him and wake him up." He sighed in exasperation. He went towards Jiyong and Dara and started waking them up. "Dara-yah.. Jiyong-ah.. Wake up. Time to get up."

Dara stirred but only buried herself deeper into Jiyong's embrace.

This woke Jiyong and he smiled at the girl fondly until Jjangmae broke his reverie. "Jiyong-ah, we're filming soon. You better get up."

"Just a few more minutes." Jiyong pleaded. Jjangmae nodded and went to wake Seungri. "Jjangmae..I'm sorry about yesterday.. Thank you for taking care of our girls so well."

Jjangmae stopped in his tracks and started blushing hard. He just nodded then turned away in embarrassment. 'He really has matured more now. Before, as long as he and Dara are okay, he'd just rather forget any unpleasantness that happened.' he thought as he proceeded to wake Seungri up.

As soon as Seungri was up, Jiyong also sat up still cradling a sleeping Dara in his arms. "Oh, hyung. You made up?"

"Yeah." Jiyong smiled as he Dara's back.

"Good." Seungri smiled as he stretched. "Man, my head hurts."

"Mine too." Mino, whose voice sounded like it came from the grave, spoke up. "My head is pounding."

"Must have been a wild night, huh?" Seungyoon asked curiosly. 'If you're all drunk, who drove?"

"I'm guessing Dara did." Jiyong answered for the two boys who were still . Jjangmae gave another sigh as he left the room. "The girls had to help these two inside the house."

"What happened? We thought you were there to guard the noonas so they could get drunk." Jinwoo asked.

Mino only groaned in response. Thankfully, Jjangmae returned with two cups of coffee for the pitiful boys.

"After ordering a whole lot of alcohol. Dara noona decided she didn't want to drink." Seungri said as he gratefully accepted the mug Jjangmae was offering. "They made us drink every.single.drop."

"Those noonas are evil!" Mino complained.

"But I thought I was your favorite noona, Mino-yah?" The newly-awakened Dara asked.

"You're still my favorite but you're evil. Evil, I tell you! Especially when you join forces with Bom noona!" Mino proclaimed dramatically. "You pouted! Then there were tears! We're just boys. We're not built to resist that."

"Yah! Enough about that!" Jjangmae interjected forcefully. "The PDs are up and we'll be filming. You can either go back to sleep upstairs, separately," he added for Jiyong's benefit. "or you can get ready for the day."

"I'm getting up.I don't want to battle with the other girls for the bathroom this morning." Dara announced as she took her pillow and blankets with her. "See you boys later."

They watched Dara leave the room with Jjangmae following her. They sat in silence until Jiyong spoke up. "Thank you Seungri, Mino for taking care of Dara and Bom."

"It was nothing, hyung." Mino replied shyly. "We didn't do much. We both got drunk and they had to take care of us."

"It wasn't nothing." Jiyong contradicted. "I'm sure you were whatever they needed at that moment. Knowing Dara and Bom noona, when they start crying, it's hard to keep a cold heart."

"It's okay hyung. Let's just say you owe us one. Each." Seungri said cheekily as he made his way out of the room. "Come on, Mino. We stink."

Mino frowned and smelled his shirt before slowly making his way out of the living room. Seungri turned back to him, "How would you like a solo written by G to the D himself?"

"That's Seungri for you." Jiyong just shook his head, smiling. "Listen, guys I want to do something special for the group. Can you help me?"

Seungyoon and Jinwoo looked at each other, then nodded at their sunbae.

 

_______________________________

 

When Youngbae, Yunhyeong, Hanbin, Hayi and Seunghoon came down to start breakfast, they were surprised to be greeted by the delicious aroma of coffee. Following their noses to the kitchen they found the counters filled with coffee and hot chocolate, several kinds of pastries, butter and all kinds of preserves.

"Good morning." Seungyoon greeted them as he placed another bag of pastries in serving tray. "We thought we could eat here since it's cozier than the dining room.

Jinwoo waved at them as he unpacked more cups of hot beverage and placed them on the table.

"But I thought we were supposed to make breakfast?" Yunhyeong asked in confusion.

Youngbae recognizing the gesture for what it was and seeing the cameras stepped in, subtly signalling the rest of the idols to stop asking questions. "So Jiyong decided to give us a taste of his cafe's specialties eh? Perfect. I love their croissants."

"I was talking about it with Seungyoon and Jinwoo earlier and realized it would be a nice treat for everyone." Jiyong smiled. He turned to the cameraman, "Hyung, I dropped off the food for the crew at your waiting area. For now, you can just grab whatever you want from the stash here."

The camera man gave Jiyong a thumbs up and bowed slightly in thanks when Jinwoo handed him a cup of coffee.

"I'll just call the rest and tell them that breakfast is ready." Hanbin said. "They're mostly ready anyways. Just too lazy to come down immediately."

"I'll come with you and call the girls." Hayi said following Hanbin.

Youngbae approached Jiyong who was unpacking another paper bag on the counter. He looked over the pastries laid out in front of him and chose one. "So Ji, good night?'

"Yeah." Jiyong answered with a smile. "The best."

"Excellent." Youngbae commented after taking a bite out of his croissant. "The Jeju air really does a person good. We should come here more often."

"We really should." Jiyong replied as he watched the rest of idols trickle into one by one.

"Wow. We finally get to try the food from Jiyong oppa's cafe." Soohyun whispered to Hayi.

"I'm just happy we didn't have to cook." Hayi told her as she took a sip of hot chocolate.

"Ooooh... I smell coffee. Too bad I don't drink coffee." Bom announced as she entered the kitchen with the rest of 2ne1. "What do you have for me?"

Jiyong smiled at Bom and handed her two cups of hot chocolate. "Here noona, this is hot chocolate. I know some of us don't drink coffee so I also got this as an alternative."

Bom smiled as she accepted the cups. "Thanks, GD." She turned to Dara. 'Here you go, Darong. One for you and one for me. Minji, Chaerin, what are you drinking?"

As Minzy and CL responded, Dara caught Jiyong's eye. She smiled at him and raised her cup in a silent toast. Jiyong nodded and did the same. He then turned to Youngbae to hide the giddy smile that he couldn't hide.

"Alright." Jiyong clapped his hands as soon as the idols have finished their first round of eating. "I just wanted to thank you all for being here and for giving all of us a chance to get to know each other better. For gamely participating in the activities our hardworking staff prepared." The idols applauded when he gestured towards the crew who were also in the kitchen. "I hope this is the start of a better, stronger and fiercer YG Family!"

Once again the idols cheered.

"Kampai!!" Seungri shouted, raising his cup of coffee in the air.

The rest of the idols looked at each other before shrugging and raising their cups. "Kampai!"

 

The day passed all too quickly and in barely no time at all, the idols were back in Seoul. The idols all went home to rest since their schedules were resuming in full force the next day.

The PDs on the other hand, went directly to YGE to prepare for an all nighter. They needed to prepare the footage for YG Sajangnim's viewing. Since they started filming, they've been busy communicating with the writers making note of footage that they think will be good and trying to come up with a coherent story line. Once approved, and the final story line decided, it's only then they could hand over the reigns to the editing team who will ensure the footage is TV ready.

Dara was lying on her bed checking on her SNS accounts and emails. She has been posting teasers all weekend to build up the hype and so far, majority of the netizens' reactions have been positive. Most of them have already correctly guessed that they will be having a TV special and are anticipating it.

She opened an email that contained her schedule for the next three weeks and saw that the last day of the month, there was a reminder 'MoL announcement'. She as tried to recall if Jjangmae mentioned any new endorsement or any project of her labelmates that as PR Director, she had to promote. She tapped her phone against her forehead as she thought back to the meetings she had prior their Jeju trip. With nothing coming to mind, she texted Jjangmae. 'MoL?"

Immediately, she received a response. It simply read, "Moments of Love."

Moments of Love.

That was the working title of the YG-C-jes collaboration project.

'Awesome.' Dara thought as she covered her face with her pillow. 'Just awesome.'

 

_______________________________

 

The days that followed were a blur of activities. Fan taken photos of the YG idols in Jeju started appearing and the teasers for the YG TV special soon followed.

A few of the most watched clips are of YG telling the camera about Dara and Seungri's punishment which left fans wondering what kind of torture their favorite idols endured, clips of the Q&A with Seungri shouting, 'That answer is invalid!' then cut to Hanbin calling Chanwoo an evil maknae, clips of the idols impromptu singing performances and the clip during dinner with the idols sending their love to the cameras. But the most watched, most shared, most gif-ed clip was of Seungri shouting, 'Noona, noona, noona! Dara noona!'. One of the cameras managed to catch Seungri's face as he was running and shouting and in the background, the other cameraman could be seen struggling to chase the playful idol. Even YG shared a fan made meme on his instagram account that showed Seungri with his mouth wide open in mid-scream. All in all, the fans are eagerly anticipating for the three two-hour episodes of YG family on vacation.

At the same time, photos of Jaejoong and Yoochun in Jeju started circulating. There were many contradicting posts on when the photos were actually taken what they were actually doing there.

Fans started speculating if they met with the YG idols there, the friendship between Jaejoong and TOP being well known. Of course, there were those that raised the possibility of a romantic rendezvous. Bom, CL and Dara's names were thrown around as potential secret girlfriends since the rest of the girls seem too young for them.

On the side of non-romantic speculations, Seungri's second damage-control post, the cropped photo, was brought in as evidence A in the fans' investigations. Many speculated that there will be a musical collaboration between the two groups of idols. The most popular opinion seemed to be that they were collaborating on the OST of Dara's new movie.

The highly anticipated movie has started shooting already. Before the trip, Dara has been busy with table reads and workshops with her co-actors as well as her leading man, Jung Il woo. Thankfully, the two of them have been close since the time they first worked together. Il woo is one of the few Korean celebrities outside of YG Family who know that Dara and Jiyong are together. He and Jiyong are also on friendly terms, which helped minimize Jiyong's bouts of jealousy whenever he reads how people rave about Dara and Il woo's chemistry and obvious closeness.

Dara was hanging out with the rest of the YG family in the cafeteria after her meeting with Sajangnim about a new endorsement. She's been filming non-stop and has barely hung out with her members and her boyfriend. Big Bang has just returned from a series of fan meetings in China and are finalizing a few things with their manager. Jiyong asked her to wait for him so that they could spend time together.

Since the Jeju trip, the dongsaengs have become much more comfortable around them. Currently Dara was sharing a table with Bom, Mino, Bobby, Yunhyeong and Chanwoo. The rest of Winner and iKon were on the next two tables.

Bom was complaining about her earlier exercise session with Hwangssabu as the boys about it.s

"Noona, if you'd stop eating corn so much, you wouldn't have to work out as much." Bobby pointed out.

"What blasphemy is this?" Bom asked dramatically. "You can away take the remote. You can take away my health food but you can't take away my corn!"

"Unnie! What weirdness are you teaching the kids now?" CL asked as she entered the cafeteria with her arm around Minzy.

"Oh, just the usual, hubby. What's weird to us is normal to Bom" Dara teased.

"You're one to talk noona, when you're usually on the same level!" Mino laughed as Dara narrowed her eyes at him.

Dara was about to retaliate when her phone rang. After checking the name of the caller, she excused herself and went out of the room.

"Must be Jiyong oppa." Minzy mused. "Isn't he coming here anyway?"

"Nah." Bom replied lazily. "If that was Jiyong she wouldn't have gotten up. She'd have subjected all of us to their cheesiness."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter