karma.

the golden string will never break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So how's Hwi-in? You guys doing well?" Mingyu finds himself asking as he throws a ball to Seokmin, unable to stop himself from subconsciously taking note of the arc and speed of it. The two of them have a match coming up and since he's their high school's star pitcher, he has to make sure that he's on his a-game. Even if he and Seokmin are just throwing the ball back and forth as a warm-up before practice.

It wouldn't do for him to get sloppy or to force himself into any bad habits that could possibly threaten his pending college career. Especially since his coach would literally have his head if he had done so, while his father would probably kill him three times over for something like that. He hadn't spent the past ten or so years playing little league and participating on his schools' teams as a way to just have fun. Because if he had, then he wouldn't have worked so hard to improve and to get noticed.

And noticed he was, because he was already being scouted to some of the top universities within the country for his skills. He had even been able to gain a place at Seoul University if he had wanted it - a full-ride scholarship if he decided to play for their team. An offer that he was getting as a junior because he was talented enough for it.

"She's doing fine, you know? A little bit excited over our upcoming anniversary, but for the most part, she's been fine. We've been fine." Seokmin replies as he catches the ball, taking note of how fast and hard the ball hits his glove. Because like Mingyu, he had also needed to make sure that he was in tip-top shape.

"Yeah? That's good to hear, especially since it's been like two years? Three? What you guys doing for it?"  Mingyu asks as soon as he catches Seokmin's returning ball.

While his friend can only nod at his question before commenting back, "Two years bro, the big two-o... We're actually going to my aunt and uncle's cabin for the weekend; it's going to be a lot of fun. I'm pretty excited for it and Hwi-in's totally game for doing stuff outside like hiking and kayaking, you know?" 

Giving his friend a saucy stare with a wiggle of his eyebrows, Mingyu can only chuckle as he ignores the tidbit about the outdoor activities for something else, "So does this mean that she's finally going to give you her V-card?" 

Catching another one of Mingyu's throws, commenting on the spin of it so Mingyu can fix it for his next one, Seokmin is quick to continue on, a huge smile on his face, "Yep. She finally decided that she wanted us to take our relationship to the next level. And since it's been two years, I thought 'Why not go a little big' with the whole cabin thing. She seems excited and barely nervous about doing it at all, so I'm counting it as a major win." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter