hunger.

the golden string will never break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What would you like young man?" One of the cooks asks, too soft for Wonwoo to hear as the high schooler finds himself unable to keep himself from giving the boy a couple of feet down the line a look of longing. But not because he has a crush on the other boy with the maroon, varsity jacket, but because the other has a tray full of food. A tray that has things like steak, pizza, and cookies - things that Wonwoo hasn't had much of. Things that Wonwoo usually can't afford.

Stomach grumbling at the sight of it all, Wonwoo can't help but silently take out his wallet and check to see how much he has in it, only for his expression to darken at the amount that stares back at him. The two 1000 won bills do nothing to brighten his day as he resigns himself to the lunch that he's had every day for as long as he can remember: a small carton of milk and a sweet potato bun that he knows that will never fill him, despite how much he wants it too. His stomach literally aches at the thought of it.

Eyes wandering back to the boy's tray of food, silently wishing that he could eat like that every day, or even half - no, a third of that amount, Wonwoo can only frown and then sigh at the wallet in his hands. Only to be glad that he isn't on a sports team, because if he was, then things would have been much worse. Especially since the school's first baseball game was just around the corner as baseball practice had barely started a couple of weeks ago. Never mind the fact that sports like track and field, as well as tennis were already into their third and fourth matches respectively, Wonwoo could only watch as the various players ate their weight in food to bulk up or eat just enough to fill the void of calories and fat that were usually shed by working out.

The amount of food meaning relatively little to the those that were on a sports team, especially since most players were used to eating at least three square meals a day and hearty meals at that, Wonwoo couldn't help but be a little bit green at the though. Because unlike those that played sports or just got to eat a decent meal in general, Wonwoo was used to having much less than that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter