Eyes Don't Lie

Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8-  Eyes Don't Lie

 

Taehyung’s Pov

November 19, 2017


 

With my eyelids still struggling to stay open, I attempted to keep a look out for Namjoon or Jungkook. What in the hell was Kookie’s reason for calling me out this late at night, I did not know. So instead of rejecting the offer to meet up like most of the other guys did since it was so late, I requested that the rendezvous place at least be Popa Kernel’s Diner which had the world’s best pie and hot chocolate for cold days; And that applied to this evening.

 

Sleep tugged at my brain to shut down, but before it could win its battle against me, Yoongi walked through the front door of the restaurant. He nonchalantly strolled over to the booth I was sitting at, and plopped himself down on the seat directly across from me.

 

“You came? I didn’t see you respond in the group message,” I questioned Yoongi as he pulled what was left of my pie over to him.

 

“Kookie said something about food so I decided it would be best not to miss out on a free meal,” he responded with a shrug while taking a bite of the half eaten blueberry pie.

 

What was it with hyung’s and food? I mean don’t get me wrong; I love food, but to their extent is a little over the top for me. I grinned at his action as a thought came across my mind as to why he was really here.

 

Not food, but kindness.

 

“Suga you really live up to your name,” I said resting my head on my hands while watching him with a mischievous grin.

 

This caused Yoongi to pause in stuffing the last bit of pie into his mouth. He looked up at me with disgust creasing in his expression. “Shut up,” he mumbled due to the overload of pie in his mouth while throwing a spoon at me.

 

Just as I started to laugh at his embarrassment, the restaurant's door bell went off and in entered excited Jungkook with sleepy Namjoon trailing behind him. Just what were we? The dwarfs from Snow White? I laughed to myself at the thought before signaling the guys to our location with a wave of my hand.

 

“Hey I didn’t know Suga was coming.” Jungkook sat next to me, and Namjoon took the seat next to Yoongi.

 

“You said there’d be food right?”

 

Jungkook and I laughed together as he waved the waiter over for the check who still didn’t notice us. “Yea there will be food. I asked you guys to meet up this late at night because I didn’t want to go alone to a party thing. It’s a fancy rich people party, and my family is making me go.”

 

Namjoon who had been laying his head in his arms on the table sat up quickly while sighing. “Jungkook we aren’t your dates are we?”

 

I swung my arm around Jungkook. “What do we not look like good dates?” I smirked trying to show off my good lucks, but only got looks of disgust from Namjoon and Yoongi.

 

A voice came from the booth behind us. “No you don’t. Fat trolls can’t be considered as dates.”

 

“YAH!! Who the hell sai-”

 

I stopped in the middle of my outburst when the person turned around, and raised an eyebrow at me warningly. Yoongi snickered at my fear, and went back to picking at his pie. I had just yelled at Seokjin, and I had a feeling that it would not end smoothly. Gosh how does he always show up when I curse?

 

“Ah Jin-hyung~ I didn’t know you had said that,” I informed him while slowly patting him on the shoulder. His eyes looked to the hand placed on him with disgust making me gulp in fear. “Soo when did you get here?... ha ha.”

 

“Is this how you always end up in pointless fights?! You know better!!”

 

Seokjin went to pull my ear, but I resisted by using Jungkook as a shield. “aH okay~ I’m sorry Jin-hyung~~~ I didn’t mea- Ouch!! Okay, okay! I get it!! I’m sorry!! Forgive me please~~”

 

Finally satisfied with his scolding, Seokjin got up from the booth he was sitting in and moved to ours.

 

“Aish your ear pulling scolding hurts so much. Hyung, why are you so mean to me?!” Jungkook laughed at my pout.

 

“Oh quit your whining. It’s giving me a headache,” Namjoon said while rubbing his forehead.

 

“Then scold Jin for pulling my ear! It hurts more than a headache!!.... Aish,” I grumbled to myself while cupping my ear. Rolling his eyes at my request, Namjoon waved over a waiter for a check.

 

“When did you get here Seokjin?”

 

“Just before V got here. I was going to see when you guys would notice me, but then I remembered that you fools are too dimwitted to be self aware of your surroundings.”

 

“Hey I might give Taehyung some credit,” Yoongi said taking a break from his pie.

 

“Finally my brilliance is admitted.”

 

“-he’s not dumb… just special in his own beautiful way,” Yoongi snarked while batting his eyes at me.

 

The whole table lit up in laughter together as I proceeded to throw fries at anyone who was laughing. And it was like all of the sudden the moment slowed down and time seemed to stop. Maybe it was because I never wanted to leave the moment, but I did know that this was my family as I watched us bicker. Yoongi throwing shade that carried his heavy weight of love for us. Exhausted Namjoon giving us annoyed looks with a sense of pride hidden behind his eyes. Jungkook would thoughtlessly laugh with us like he had always been here while Seokjin called us childish. But there was love. It could be found. Love could be found in this group, and it would never leave.

 

As I was laughing with them I knew that at some point in our lives, our paths might split. But our bond was branded into our blood, and that could never fade. We were brothers, and no human could ever tell us otherwise.

 

----------------------------------

 

“Are you sure we won’t be arrested for trespassing?”

 

Jungkook, who was in the lead, paused to turn around and smirk at Yoongi’s question.

 

“I was invited remember?”

 

In fact we did remember, but it was just the disbelief that he was somehow connected to such rich people. Before us laid a house that must have contained at least five separate buildings. The windows consisted solely of pure glass so that guests could view all of the chandeliers from outside the house, and I would say that it was a sight to see. When the light hit the crystals that made up the chandeliers, it would refract and the reflection illuminated anything it touched. Even my dark heart felt a tug of hope. It was breathtaking. Just like that smile…

 

We continued to make out way towards the house feeling like underdressed homeless people trying to scavenge for money. Namjoon's jaw continued to be dropped while Jin wide eyedly admired the house.

 

“Sorry if this comes off rude, but how in the hell are you connected to people like this?” Namjoon asked as we made our way up to the door. He still looked like he was in disbelief. We all waited for an answer, but something else distracted Jungkook. He kept looking around the area as if he was waiting for something.

 

“Looking for someone?” A waiter, who happened to be taking a break outside, walked up to us with confusion laid upon his face. I assumed that he mistook us for teenagers trying to crash a party, and was about to explain when all of the sudden the front door opened.

 

“Oh my, look who it is,” a sly voice said. “Jeon Jungkook. Just what are you doing out here when the party is inside?” A old woman wearing a red dress that went to her knees, and a large white furry scarf hug around her shoulders stood in the doorway. A cigarette continued to burn in her hand as she held it nonchalantly. Cruella de vil stood in front of me, and I almost was tempted to look around for any dalmatians.

 

“We just got here,” Jungkook responded with a warm smile but we could all since the nervous anxiety surrounding him. So I began to wonder how he knew her, and who she was to him.

 

She nodded away the waiter before turning back to Jungkook with a devious smile. I could sense that not only I, but the others around me, went stiff with fear. “So what are you boys up to this late at night?,” she asked eyeing each one of us like we were prey. I hope this woman isn’t a cougar… consequently our group is good looking, and I’m guessing she wanted to feel young again. Or was there something else I was missing?

 

“Looking for fun maybe?” she eyed us with lust, but her sight was mostly set on Jungkook. I shiver went down my spine when I would make eye contact with her, and I did not know how Jungkook was able to keep a smile on his face. Just how the hell are we going to get out of this?

 

“Looking for food actually.” Yoongi looked the woman dead in the eyes which caught her off guard. Scrunching her brows, she looked upon us with confusion.

 

What. the. actual. .

 

I cursed Yoongi for his blunt responses until I noticed the woman looked bored with us all of the sudden. Looking over at Yoongi, he tilted his head at her, and I immediately understood. While Jungkook stood frozen, we all recognized that there was relationship between Jungkook and the woman, and it was not something that made him feel comfortable. Sharing a few glances with the others, they caught wind of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter