Blueberry DumDums

Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6- Blueberry DumDums

 

Taehyung’s Pov

November 17, 2016

 

Proceeding down the school hallway, I enjoyed a cotton candy flavored er that I had forgotten was in my jacket pocket. Curious eyes took notice of the sheepish boy following close behind me because it’s not everyday you get to see an innocent bunny willfully following a sly fox.

 

Even though the new kid didn’t say anything, I could hear his silent confusion of why I would accept someone like him into the Bangtan Boys so I decided to answer figuring he wouldn’t speak first.

 

“Sorry if I put you in the group without asking you first. You don’t have to join if you don’t want to. I just had a soft spot for you in that moment because you reminded me of myself a bit,” I explained casually without regret. I glanced back over my shoulder to see his reaction which surprised me a little.

 

“No, I’m glad you stepped in for me. Actually even grateful,” he said with shame while scratching the back of his neck. I grinned at his innocence, and slowed my pace to walk next to him. Up close I could see the boy’s features clearer than when I was shooting daggers with my eyes at Kai, and didn’t have a chance to actually see the kid’s face.

 

He had short black messy hair that moved with disobedience against how he probably wanted it to fall which actually gave him more charisma the way I looked at it. His hair parted on the right side exposing his thick brows, and I had to admit they were shaped just nicely enough to make him look like a perfect flower boy.

 

But what was even more striking, was his height. This kid, based off of his shy attitude, could be robbed and he would apologize to the thief. But if you were to see him on the street, your first thought that would come to mind would be that he was a delinquent due to his ripped leather jacket and double piercings.

 

Realizing that the silence had started to creep up on us again, I decided to have a proper introduction if he even wanted to join the group.

 

“So kid, what’s your name? You probably already know mine because of all the rumors that go around about my group right? But I’ll introduce myself anyways; I’m Kim Taehyung, but I like people to call me V unless they are close to me.”

 

“Oh I see…” the boy nodded understandingly. “I’m Jeon Jungkook, and I don’t really have a nickname I prefer to be called by,” he said trailing off in embarrassment at the unspoken fact that he must not have many friends since he’s never needed a nickname.

 

“Hmm… Okay well I’m calling you Kookie for short because it’s easier. Does that sound okay?”

 

Jungkook’s eyes lit up with excitement as he nodded a few times instead of verbally answering. “Oh but I was wondering why you have the nickname V? Is there a meaning behind it?” Jungkook looked at me with curiosity as we almost reached the extra storage room where the rest of the boys would be waiting.

 

The question triggered images of a pouting little girl standing next to me in a picture as I proudly stuck my tongue while showing off a first place ribbon. It was the first time that little boy had ever beaten her in a race, and she was not happy about it. I smiled slightly to myself at the warm memories, but kept the thought locked away from others.

 

“Nope. Just randomly picked it I guess,” I responded laughing. We reached the door, and before I opened it, I asked one more time for reassurance.

 

“You sure about this? The guys might not even accept you?” I raised my brows in sincerity expressing that I was serious.

 

“Yea, I think I’ll actually be of some help to you guys,” Jungkook looked to me with a grin, “I got some talent up my sleeve too you know?”

 

“Oh look who’s already getting cocky. Man you’ve only been around me for a few minutes and I’m already rubbing off on you,” I said laughing aloud while opening the door.

 

Five eyes fell upon Jungkook and me as the door revealed us. Confusion laid upon their face as they gazed upon the unfamiliar person next to me. I cleared my throat and threw my arm around Jungkook’s shoulder.

 

“Would you all be cool with another member?” I said with a grin as Namjoon shook his head in disbelief at my quick and haste decisions.

 

“Who’s he?” Jimin made a nod toward Jungkook with a cold face which made me laugh to myself knowing he was putting on an act of trying to look tough.

 

“I’m Jeon Jungkook a friend of V.”

 

Hoseok pursed his lips and analyzed the new face. “Why should we even need another member V? He doesn’t even look like he knows how to throw a punch.”

 

“Oh come on guys. Give him a break,” I whined while plopping onto the old sofa. “He almost got a beating from Exo, but he didn’t show a hint of fear. Kookie’s got balls.” I said to all of them which seemed to impress them a bit if it was coming from me, someone who would pick a fight anytime of the day if I was in the mood.

 

“But that’s more of stupidity don’t you think?” Jimin snarked while laughing with Hoseok.

 

I looked around the room noti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter