Strawberry Milk

Stand By Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5- Strawberry Milk

 

Taehyung’s Pov

November 16, 2017

 

Opening my eyes slightly, I saw my dog my face desperately almost like she thought I might have forgotten to wash my face the night before and some traces of last night’s dinner could be found if she enough. To her disappointment, she found none and watched my face express disgust due to the slobber.

 

“Oh come on Pepper that’s nasty. Get off me,” I pushed the golden retriever off of my bed while sitting up still in a daze.

 

Today was November 16, 2017. Also known as picture day at Anyang High school. Mentally cursing myself for not waking up to my alarm, I swung my feet over the side of my bed in effort to get up, but just fell back again. I should probably get up now… Jeez why did my bed have to be so comfortable. Hauling myself up, I proceeded to start getting ready for school with the usual routine: Closet, put on clothes, bathroom, brush teeth and comb hair-damn my bed hair-, pack up school books, slip on the bracelet…

 

Checking the time on my phone, I realized that it was 7:30 AM. I’M SO SCREWED. I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN UP FASTER. I raced down the stairs to hear my sister arguing with Mom.

 

“-just saying that if you would have come home before curfew, this wouldn’t have happened.”

 

“Mom!! This is totally unfair! Why should I get grounded?! I was just an hour late because traffic was slow,” my sister said while continuing to eat her Lucky Charms with a scrowl on her face.

 

My mom raised her eyebrow. “So you’re saying that the fact Park Jimin was driving you home had nothing to do with you being late?”

 

“Ooooo Noona,” I said with a smirk. “I didn’t know you went for guys in my grade. You should have let me know because I could have introduced you to lots of guys that like dumb girls.” I gave her a wink before grabbing a rice wrap, and running out the door so she wouldn’t hit me.

 

“YAH!! MOM DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT BRAT KID OF YOURS!!” She shouted pointing at me.

 

I laughed at my sister’s whining while hopping on my bicycle. Seriously, she really is immature. She probably didn’t even realize that Jimin had totally fallen for her head over heals. Most likely, my sister thought of him as just someone to mess around with for fun. Park Jimin you idiot… why did my stupid friend fall for someone like my sister? I rolled my eyes, and sighed away the thought while pedaling at full speed hoping to make it to school on time.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

All twenty eyes were on me. I gulped down my embarrassment, and slowly proceeded toward Mr. Park with an apologetic face. Don’t mark me tardy… Don’t mark me tardy…

 

Just a minute ago, I had bursted through the front doors to the classroom hoping I wouldn’t be too late, but sadly class had already started and Mr. Park had been in the middle of announcements.

 

“Not only were you late, but you also disrupted the class while I was giving the daily announcements. What excuse are you going to give me today?” He said with an eyebrow raised as the whole class waited in anticipation.

 

Ha. I have a trump card today actually… Just you wait. With a smirk, I replied while quickly walking over to my assigned seat. “Well I believe that if I am to be marked tardy, you should also give your son Park Jimin a tardy for dropping my sister off past curfew last night.”  

 

Gasps and laughs rang throughout the classroom as Mr. Park snapped his head to eye down Jimin whose face had become a tomato. Sorry Jimin buddy, but I needed to… My mom would have had my skin if I was tardy again and received another detention.

 

“Park Jimin see me after class,” Mr. Park said while rubbing his forehead due to all the laughter coming from the students. “And you Kim Taehyung... don’t be late again. Is that understood?”

 

I nodded as many times as I could possibly. Victory was mine!! But I suddenly felt eyes boring into my back. Ah Jimin is gonna have a fit. Cautiously, I turned around to see a furious Jimin glaring me down. For some reason, my idiotic self winked instead of shearing away in fear, and I swear I could see steam coming from his nose. No need to worry Taehyung… You have a few hours left to write a will, and say your goodbyes before you’re killed… haha………..

 

But as we were working on our math assignments, I kept seeing paper balls f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter