First Steps [ Soonsoo ]

In Brevity

He was quiet and kind, the boy who laughed with his hand covering his mouth and who’s eyes twinkled like a starlit sky full of secrets. 

It seemed so unlikely that their paths would cross - they ran in completely different circles; were as different as cool winter nights spent warming your hands with mugs of hot chocolate and bright spring days getting your ankles wet in dew-kissed grass - and yet some blessed, godly force had intervened, marking the single point where their lives would first intersect. 

“I’m so sorry!” Soonyoung felt blood rush to his face, trying to ignore his friends’ boisterous laughter from behind him, as he knelt down to help the brunette with his fallen books. “It’s my fault! I was just showing my friends some new choreography for the dance festival and I wasn’t looking where I was going, and-” The blonde was babbling at this point, his words a jumbled mess on his tongue, but it only took an upward glance from the other boy to shut down his brain completely. 

That glance, accompanied by the sweetest smile he’d ever seen. 

“It’s alright.” The brunette spoke gently, in a honeyed tone that made the Soonyoung’s insides feel warm. “It’s partly my fault as well. I got too caught up in watching you dance.” A light blush coloured the brunette’s cheeks, his confession offered in a shy tone. “You’re really, really good!” He beamed. 

Dimples, Soonyoung’s mind could barely register. He has dimples.

“I’m Soonyoung. Kwon Soonyoung. Dance major.” He could hear Seungkwan’s loud snicker when his voice ly somewhat breathless (in his opinion), Seokmin’s obvious snort when his hand shot out to support the other boy’s elbow as he stood up. “And you are?” 

The brunette smiled, the corners of his eyes crinkling. “Jisoo. Hong Jisoo. Music major.” He spoke with a teasing lilt to his tone, mimicking the blonde’s introduction, and at that moment, Soonyoung could have sworn that his heart raced as if he were dancing.