Conspiratorial Grin [ Jihan ]

In Brevity

A/N: Loved how hard my boy tried during the My Boss is Watching chicken fight!


He tried to smile as he headed back to the stands, accepting their high-fives and hugs in a good-natured manner, but Jeonghan could easily see the disappointment he struggled to hide in his eyes.

(for all the time they spent together, he was far too easy to read nowadays.)

Jisoo sat down behind him, his knees almost brushing against his back - a situation which Jeonghan took full advantage of by leaning against his legs. He then tilted his head up to look at him, an action which let his nut brown hair spill loosely, messily over Jisoo’s lap.

“You did good, Jisoo-ah.” He spoke softly, tone full of reassurance. Jisoo’s wide eyes looked down at him in surprise, probably wondering how he knew, and Jeonghan offered him a sly smile in return.

“You can’t hide things from me Jisoo-ah, so don’t even try.” Jeonghan reached up to fix Jisoo’s bangs, having become somewhat askew from the game, and Jisoo got slightly crossed-eyed as he focused on the other boy’s slender fingers.

“We’ll get them next time.” Jeonghan whispered, and at that they shared a conspiratorial little grin.