Sighs [ Jihan ]

In Brevity

Jeonghan let out a long-suffering sigh, which earned him a reproachful look from Jisoo.

“We can’t tell them. Not yet.” Jisoo replied simply and though he looked calm his hands moved restlessly on his jean-clad legs. “It isn’t the right time.” 

“It’s been 6 months, Jisoo.” Jeonghan argued, crossing his arms over his chest and tilting his head as he regarded the other boy. For a single moment, Jisoo was distracted by the lock of ash blonde hair that fell across Jeonghan’s features, then he met his eyes and the seriousness in them made his throat close up.

Was this really that important to him? 

Jeonghan let out another long-suffering sigh, an unprompted answer to Jisoo’s question. But this time the look Jisoo sent him was slightly hurt.

“I’m sorry, Jeonghan.” Jisoo’s voice was soft, small. There was a small moment of hesitation before he leaned over towards the other boy, pressing his forehead Jeonghan’s shoulder, a wordless murmur escaping his throat. I’m sorry.

(it was a familiar gesture, a comforting one and Jeonghan couldn’t help the small smile that played on his lips in response - though he turned his head away so the other boy wouldn’t see.)

“You’re impossible, you know that Hong Jisoo?” Despite his words, fondness colored his tone. Sighing, but this time for a different reason, Jeonghan shifted so Jisoo’s head settled more firmly against his shoulder - they were both just the right height for that. 

“We will tell them, I promise you.” Jisoo spoke as his side fit itself against that of the other boy, his arm threading through the crook of Jeonghan’s elbow and his fingers going down to entwine with his. “I’ll even announce it myself, if that’s what you want.” His grin was weak, knowing how paltry his offer was, but still he prayed Jeonghan would accept it. 

This time Jeonghan’s sigh was breathed against Jisoo’s lips as he murmured his affirmative. For him, for the both of them, he could wait.