✉ 04. Detention Room

From, Anonymous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 04: Detention Room

Seungkwan had to resist the urge to let out a groan when he arrived in front of the detention room. He remembered the time he had to spend inside, almost dying of boredom. He would have done something else rather than sitting in a room full of people who break the school rules and just sit and observe everyone while making up stories about the things they did to be inside the room.

Seungkwan did not even bother to knock when he finally decided to get in. Ms. Lee had given him his ticket on his way out of class and looking at it, he thought Ms. Lee was being generous.

Thirty minutes doing absolutely nothing.

Seems like a perfect punishment for screaming at Hansol.

But he was proven wrong when he entered because the first person he saw sitting at the back seat near the window (God, Seungkwan wished he gotten the seat near the window! At least he could watch the people outside) was Hansol. And Hansol, that idiot, had the nerve to actually wave at Seungkwan.

“Oh God,” he murmured under his breath.

“Come here, Boo! I saved you a seat!”

“Vernon, quiet,” Mr. Son instructed, flipping a page on the book he was reading.

Mr. Son was in charge of the detention room today and as much as Seungkwan respected the man, he kind of wished that another teacher would be in charge today. Mr. Son was that type of teacher, with his afro hair and odd colourful choice of clothes, he clarified himself as everyone’s friend.

Sure, he was carefree and a bit more understanding than the other teachers, but this also meant that he would not mind if Hansol (or, whom he called Vernon) ((which was Hansol’s other name)) jump up and down like a monkey.

Hansol gave a small smile to Seungkwan and whisper-screamed, “Boo! I saved you a seat!!”

Seungkwan rolled his eyes.

There were only a few people in the detention room and most of them were doing their own thing. Even Jooheon, who usually had nothing to do, was vandalizing the wooden table with a cutter. Seungkwan stared at the said boy distastefully, but abruptly looked away and pretending he was scratching his neck when the boy looked up to him.

Seungkwan definitely would not want to sit near Jooheon. What if the wooden splinter got into his eyes?

He glanced at Seulgi, who was glaring at him. Totally would not want to sit with that girl – despite the letters she had sent to Seungkwan, Seungkwan knew how aloof Seulgi can be around those she wasn’t comfortable with.

“Ya!” Hansol called out again.

Seungkwan tried to ignore the curly haired boy but it was hard when he was doing stupid movements with his hands, trying to get Seungkwan’s attention.

He swore Hansol only lived to make Seungkwan’s life more miserable.

Seungkwan was surprised to see Jihoon sitting in one of those seats. Seungkwan did not know Jihoon that well but from what Seungcheol had tell him, Seungkwan pretty sure that Jihoon was harmless. Jihoon had his elbow on the table, his hand rested on his milky face as he stared outside of the window.

Seungkwan was about to sit on the empty seat near Jihoon when Hansol whisper-screamed again, “Oi Boo!”

Irritated, Seungkwan turned to him. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“Boys,” Mr. Son said, without looking up from his book.

“Sit beside me and I’ll tell you!”

“Ew.”

“Come on, Pee Wee.”

“Good god, just sit beside him, will you?!” Jihoon snapped.

Surprised, Seungkwan stared at Jihoon. Hansol, who was as equally surprised as Seungkwan, stared at Jihoon with widened eyes. Mr. Son looked up from his book for a while, and when he saw that it was just Jihoon, he resumed to read his book.

“So noisy,” Jihoon groaned, rolling his eyes at the bickering losers.

Seungkwan would have yelled back, probably saying something dumb like ‘why the hell would you care you freak’, but instead, he shifted to the back and sit beside Hansol as he muttered his apologies. Setting his bag on the floor, he glared at Hansol, who, somehow, had a triumphant smile on his lips as Seungkwan gave in and took the seat beside him.

“So… how does it feel?”

“What?” Seungkwan retorted.

“Being ridiculed in front of the whole class?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter