Fourth

Open Windows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    "Jeon Jungkook!" Jungkook vaguely heard Taehyung yell as he raced through the streets trying to find the alley bench again.

    What the... what's he doing here? Jungkook thought as he quickly crouched beneath the bar at where he worked to hide as Tae raced by. 

    "Yo Jungkook, I think someone's screamin' fo ya" A large man chuckled as he slammed his glass hard down on the counter demanding for a refill. "Another, boyo and make it harder this time."

    "You sure, sir?" Jungkook said quirking an eyebrow at the man in front of him.

    "Sure as hell I am son. Hit me with all ya got. I don't wanna remember tonight ya hear?" He said bursting out in a loud jocular laughter that shook the glass at the bar.

    Jungkook grinned, "Yessir" He said as he reached for the strongest drink they had. 

    "So who's the prep boy runnin' his off out there lookin' for a scrub like you?" The man smirked as he looked Jungkook up and down his tone clearly not out to do harm. 

    "The I know, mind your business" Jungkook said jokingly as he slid the drink over the counter and into the mans hand. 

    "Oh hoho~ Sassy as always I see aren'tcha Jungkook?"

    "Yup sir, nothing less for you sir." Jungkook said cheekily.

    "Haha. You'll always be a brat won'tchu?" Jungkook merely shrugged at the comment and continued to wipe down the counter. "Hey boyo,"

    "Hmm?" Jungkook responded lifting his head up to make eyecontact. "What?"

    "Haven't I been seeing you in here more often? You've been gettin' more hours, son? That ain't healthy fo a young boyo like you but hey I don't wanna pry or nothin'." He said gulping down the alcoholic beverage in hand. 

    Jungkook pursed his lips at the question taking a moment before resuming busing down the bar and answering, "Well, since I see you're out to not remember tonight, I guess I can tell a drunken bastard like yourself a thing or two." 

    The man chortled at the younger's disrespectful attitude and commented, "Well why don'tchu lay it on me then. Maybe a 'drunken bastard' like myself could hand out some equally tipsy advice."

    "Advice? I don't need any advice" Jungkook said eyeing the man amusingly. 

    "Oh really? Then 1. Why're you in here Thursday night and 2. Why is that kid," He paused and jutted a thumb towards the door hinting at faint calls of Jungkook's name, "still running around searching for your sorry , hum? Who is he?"

    Jungkook sighed clearly showing his appeal in talking about just about anything but this. "He's a guy from my school."

    "Oh really? Go on. Is he your frien-"

    "Hell no. no. In no way in the devils shi-"

    "Okay Jesus boy, I know you're rough but tone it down will ya. You're not friends I get it but that doesn't answer my question, who is he?"

    "His name is Taehyung"

    "What no last name?" The man said smirking at the annoyed teenager in front of him.

    "Kim. Kim ing Taehyung. Okay? Happy?" Jungkook huffed.

    "Haha so what is this 'Kim ing Taehyung' roaming around these parts of town this late at night looking for you, might I ask for the 100th time." He asked purposely pushing Jungkook into further aggravation, Jungkook opened his mouth but before he responded he was interrupted by the man saying, "And before you sass me just remember that I'm the customer and should be treated with respect here, remember?" He said smirking up Jungkook with fake innocence. 

    "Why do I even bother talking to a wasted lowlife like you, huh?"

    "Gahaha that 's a good one boyo, It's a mystery ain't it! The world may never know" The man said giving his biggest belly laugh causing a small smile to appear on Jungkook's lips. 

    "I broke his phone" Jungkook said shortly as he grabbed the now empty glass from the man and began to refill it.

    The man gasped dramatically, "How rude of you, Jungkookie. And to think I thought there was some good in you" He tisked his tongue.

    "I'm working more so I can get him a new one, ." Jungkook said ing his drink back into his hands. 

    "Oh that is so generous of you to do, young lass, but why is he scurrying around here, eh?"

    "I actually have no idea but I pray to ing Jesus that he doesn't find me"

    "Well what does he look like?" The man pried enjoying a new story.

    "What does that have to do with anything?" Jungkook questioned harshly. 

    "Just out with it my lad, I'm a tispy old man who's lusting for a good story so let me fantasize okay?"

    "Fantasize? About me and Taehyung?" He said pointing at himself. The man just answered with a lethargic shrug of his shoulders and motioned for Jungkook to continue. 

    "Or me and this so called 'Taehyung'" He stated shortly

    "You're sick" Jungkook laughed as he passed yet another drink to the man. "He's taller than me, probably by a few centimeters, he has this unkempt curly brown hair, and he wares these thick glasses all the time. Without them he's blind as a bat I'd say." He said slightly laughing at the remembrance of what happened earlier that day. 

    "Oh ohoh really now? I was meaning to ask you this, Jungkookie, but when did you start wearing glasses hmm?" He questioned pointing a finger towards Jungkook's shirt pocket that contained a thick pair of rounded glasses. Jungkook froze and cocked his head in confusion at the statement and started to ask

    "Wha-?" But cut himself off as his eyes followed the path the man's finger was pointing to and stared in disbelif at hte object hanging off his shirt. "" Jungkook muttered under his breath. "You've got to be kidding me, why the hell do I-"

    "Those are his no?"

    "Wha- how'd you? You're such a creep ya know that?" Jungkook said finally giving up.

    "What? I'm just solving a mystery here. Gotta keep myself entertained somehow or another down here. This is the most drama I've had in ages." He let out a another deep chuckle as he pointed back towards the door. "And it looks like it's about to get even more interesting" 

    "Ahh no" Jungkook almost whined as he watched Taehyung get dragged into the bar by a group of thirsty middle aged men that were regulars at the pub. 

~~~~

    Taehyung ran throughout the allies for about a good five minutes before he collapsed and sat on a wall in front of a nearby bar. Tae was exhausted and with every breath he took he felt the burning sensation in his lungs. He opened his eyes and they landed on the vacant area around him and he sighed resting his head on the cool brick behind him. 

    Damn did I really think I could find him? Tae thought as he began hacking, his body freaking out from the sudden overdose of exercise. He scowled at the empty area around him as he straightway felt the urge to spit. He shook his head deciding against it because even though no one was watching and as much he hated the gross feeling in his mouth due to the fact that it wasn't very 'sanitary'. 

    As his coughing faded away a new feeling came to him; a migraine. Ug seriously? Tae grumbled in his mind, I seriously have the worst luck. 

    "Where is he?" Tae muttered lolling his head back squinting at the smog above him. It really was a disappointing sight after seeing what lies behind it. "What a shame..." Taehyung said absentmindedly raising his hand to reach for the unseen stars. But his peaceful thoughts were soon interrupted by a group of greasy old men calling out to him.

    "Hey what's a cute young boy like your self doing out here by yourself, huh?"

    "Oh I was just looking for someon-" Taehyung tried to get up and leave but was caught by the arm by one of the men who leaned dangerously close into Taehyung's face. 

    "Oh common, you wanna have a drink? How about you let this old man here treat ya? Sound like a deal?" He said already leading Taehyung into the pub. 

    "Um n-no th-thank yo-" But he couldn't get the words out due to the sickeningly pungent smell of alcohol that held heavily in the man's breath. Taehyung turned his head away from the man and covered his mouth in an attempt to stop himself from puking from the overwhelming stench. And before he knew it he was hit by the smell from all around him. The men led him to a booth and pushed him down onto the seat. As soon as he sat down he was closed in from both sides the hands of the elderly men resting and groping his thigh. Taehyung flinched at the sudden touch and nearly flipped the table over from standing up so abruptly. 

    "What's wrong baby" one of the elderly men cooed suggestively lathering his lips with saliva, "You wanna go somewhere more private?"

     Taehyung's face contorted in revulsion and fear as the men seamed to grip his wrists harder and press up against him further until Taehyung heard a familiar voice resound loudly throughout the bar, 

    "Yah! You there aren't you too young to be in here? Get over here." 

    Taehyung looked up and he saw a very upset looking Jungkook but smiled none-the-less. When the old men made no move to let Tae go a large man sitting in front of Jungkook turned around and said lowly, 

    "He said now, let the boy go." 

    The grip on Taehyung's wrist was instantly released as the elderly men began mumbling things like, 

    "Oh he's with Jungkook."

    "Better let him go then"

    "I hope the kid'll be alright I've heard Jungkook's an animal."

    Taehyung quickly rushed towards Jungkook and looked at him greatfully before the comments fully sinked in.

    "W-wait what? Jungkook, you mean to say th-that y-you a-and" Tae stuttered eyes widening as he pointed back and forth between Jungkook and the elderly men. 

    "Hahaha!" The large man sitting at the counter snorted at the suggestion as Jungkook eyed Tae in disgust. Jungkook shoved a drink in Taehyung's hands and scoffed, "Hell no. It's just my reputation down here. Ya know, if you don't have a rep then…" He trailed off giving Tae a look that told him not to press further. 

    "O-oh." He said shortly as he shifted uncomfortably at he statement and eyed the drink suspiciously. "What's in this?" He said hesitantly bringing the glass to his lips. 

    "Aw Jungkook, you never told me this kid was so... um" The man whispered to Jungkook as he watched Taehyung take a sip of the liquid and immediately cringed at the taste. "Um... I don't know if innocent is the word but he sure is sheltered isn't he?" Jugnkook rolled his eyes and turned back and snatched the drink away from the boy and poured it's remains in the mans cup.  

    "Look Taehyung, a kid like you should high tail outta here, mmk?" He said rudely but added a fake smile noticing his manager passing by. "You'll be eaten alive" he finished as he placed a new cup of water in front of him.  

    "First off it's 'hyung'" Taehyung said pointing at himself mouthing the word getting yet another eye roll from Jungkook in return. The large man beside him let out a low chuckle and looked at Jungkook and seemed to ask

    'Hyung'? Him? Really?.

    Taehyung ignored the unsaid comment and continued, "And can't I stay and wait for you?" Taehyung said eyeing the table nervously not wanting to to have to go back to the booth.

    "Yeah common Jungkookie, give the kid a bone and let 'em-"

    "No." Jungkook said voice stern with no room to argue. 

    Taehyung crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow, "Is that anyway to treat a valued customer, 'Jungkookie'?" He teased putting air quotes around the nickname earning a well deserved slap upside the head from the younger. 

    "Ouch!" Taehyung said dramatically raising his voice a little to catch the managers attention.

    ", Jungkook, the manager heard" The jolly man beside Tae suddenly going pale. 

    "My goal exactly lets see what your manager has to say about your attitude shall we?" Taehyung said teasingly. 

    "Youlittle you have no idea what you've done" Jungkook spat at Taehyung before plastering a large forced smile on his face just as the manager appeared next to them. 

    "Anything wrong?" He said more to Jungkook than to Tae. The man was huge. And if Taehyung had thought Jungkook was intimidating just as much he thought the man next to him was big, well this manager had them both beat. 

    "No, sir." Jungkook said shortly busing himself as he smiled at the man; his smile seeming a bit stiff and unpracticed.

    "Really?" He questioned scowling at Jungkook.

    "Y-yes I was just joking" Taehyung said quickly trying to dissolve the problem at hand. "Sorry I caused a distraction" 

    But this seemed to have the opposite effect on the manager as his face went red with furry and he slammed his hands on the bar causing various glasses to tumble to the floor with a loud crash. He leaned real close to Jungkook before whispering dangerously low, "You know this kid?" He said jabbing a finger in Taehyung's direction. 

    "N-no sir" Jungkook said quickly. 

    "Look I took a chance with a rugrat like you so don't go ing up and bringing your little underage buddies here."

    "N-no sir he's not with me I swear I never told anyon-"

    "Oh shut the up, Jeon, I know you and that little game you play. I've heard the rumors don't think for a second that I haven't."

    "Sir let me explain those are merely rumors I would never-"

    "-Slip your buds some free alcohol for free? Yeah sure you wouldn't then how do you explain this prep school kid doing here, huh?!" Jungkook stayed silent and lowered his head. "Look at me in the eyes when I'm talking to you or I'm gonna ing use these glass bottles in a way you sure wouldn't wanna see." The air suddenly went thick with tension all of the jostling drunkards gone quite from the sudden outburst of conflict.

    "Hey," Tae said shakily stepping into the conversation, "I-is that any way t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter