Sixth

Open Windows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    "Jungkook-ah?" Taehyung said groggily rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Where have you been-" He stopped upon seeing the younger. 

    Jungkook was slouched holding his weight up by clutching the cold metal railing outside of his apartment. It was dark and the dim lighting of the stairwell wasn't enough to reveal his face but Taehyung already had an idea of what happened. 

    "Whoa well this isn't the face I'd expected to wake up to." Taehyung said awkwardly trying to douse the obvious thick tension that hung over them. 

    "Here." Jungkook said curtly shoving an envelope into his hands." Taehyung looked at Jungkook expectantly for an explanation. "It's the money to pay for your phone." He explained.

    "I told you that you didn't need to-"

    "I don't like to be indebted to people. Now I'm not, so you don't have to bother with me okay?"

    "But-"

    "Bye."

    "At least come inside it's late."

    "Why? No."

    "Jungkook, come in." 

    "I said no."

    "Jeon Jung. Kook, you don't come over here, after avoiding me for 4 weeks, waking me up at 3 AM looking like handing me a sketchy envelope filled with money and not give me a lame excuse to explain yourself. Now get you're in here." Taehyung said frustrated stomping is foot and opening the door more motioning him inside.

    Jungkook lifted his head slightly and looked through his bangs at Taehyung and began to say something but the stern look he gave caused him to walk inside without arguing. Instantly Jungkook was greeted with the warmth of the air and a familiar scent of strawberry shampoo and vanilla candles filled his nose. He felt the last gust of cool air as Taehyung closed the door shut and walked passed him. 

    "Well come in don't just stand there." He said to him as he walked over to the kitchen and began to make some hot tea.

    Jungkook nodded and walked over into the living area and sat on the couch. He was lost in taking in his surroundings that he didn't notice that Taehyung had draped a blanket around his shoulders and set a cup of tea in front of him until he felt the couch dip down a little further. Jungkook jumped a bit and looked at Taehyung. 

    Jungkook was nervous. He wasn't ready to be interrogated and he really wasn't looking forward to having Taehyung prying answers outta him. He quickly lowered his head to hide his face and started picking at the loose strings on the hem of his shirt. Taehyung watched the younger fidget uncomfortably and decided to lighten the tension. 

    "So what's you're excuse? You're boyfriend get a little too rough?"

    Jungkook slightly smirked and exhaled a huff of air in a subtle laugh. That was not the reaction he was expecting and his whole body visibly began to relax into the couch. Taehyung had put him at ease and he was grateful he wasn't pressing into why Jungkook was in the state he was.

    "If that's what you think of me, then sure." Jungkook finally answered an amused glint in his eye. "What? Expected something else?"

    "No I mean I don't judge anyone based on their uality, just I dunno" Tae shrugged taking another sip of his drink. "You're pretty attractive so..." He trailed off as Jungkook quickly turned his head to the floor causing his bangs to cascade a shadow over the slight pink that traced his face.

    Taehyung leaned back into the sofa as well and glanced at the younger. "I'd say you'd have people lining up to get with you if you weren't, ya know, a douche 24/7" He finished laughing slightly sending the message that he didn't mean any harm by the comment. Taehyung's eyes softened a bit as he reached his hand out to brush Jungkook's fringe out of his eyes to see his face more clearly. Jungkook flinched at the sudden touch but didn't pull away. Instead he was in awe. His cheeks were heating and his heart was doing something weird. He shouldn't feel like this. Feeling like this meant attachment and that's exactly what he cleared away from. Even though that's what he though Jungkook found him self staring lost in Taehyung's deep brown eyes. Some force told him to lean in but he quickly brought back into reality when he heard the sound of Tae clicking his tongue.

    "Did you just click your tongue at me?" Jungkook questioned stunned at the olders reaction. 

    "Well yeah" Taehyung said as if it was obvious. Jungkook slowly lifted his eyes to meet the older and was surprised to find a disgusted expression on his face instead of one full of pity like he'd expected.

    "I mean I just did these bandages the other day" He clicked his tongue again as he examined Jungkook's wounds. "Yet you just had to go and ruin them again." He got up from the couch and began rummaging through a drawer for something. When he came back he carried a first aid kit plopped them on the floor where Jungkook was sitting and knelled. 

    "That was 4 weeks ago not 'just the other day'. That's what you're worried about?" Jungkook asked amused by the strange behavior. "The bandages? Not me? Ha you're so weird." He scoffed shaking his head in disbelief. 

    "Me? Worried for you?" Taehyung said his voice laced with sarcasm. "Don't give yourself too much credit Jeon."

    "See? You're so weird" 

    "Weird may I be but at least..." Taehyung paused and looked up as if to remember something but shrugged and said, "I don't know where I was going with that haha" Taehyung slightly shaking his head as he began rolling up Jungkook's pant leg to unwrap the wound and examine it. 

    "Tae, I can do it myself"

    "Really? And have it end like last time? No I don't think so." He smiled remembering. "It's kinda funny actually, you act all bad but you can't even take care of yourself, you really are like a child. I regret ever saying that you weren't." 

    "I'm not a child. I told you I could do it myself." He snapped snatching the first aid kit out of Taehyung's hands and began fumbling it in his hands in attempt to use it. 

    "Just let me help you" Tae said softly as he took the wrap that Jungkook had tangled and swiftly finished the job; disinfecting and then wrapping the wounds. "Now what to do about your face..." he mumbled more to himself than to the boy in front of him. He lifted Jungkook's bangs again and winced at the sight he saw. He was completely mangled. "Aish... we're gonna have to ice it. Hot water might do it good too..." Taehyung's face was set in concentration a slight frown painting his lips. "Also... your clothes are gross"

     Jungkook watched as Tae got up and walked back into a room down the hall. A minute later he came out again and tossed a bundle of clothes in his face and stated, "You're staying here tonight so here's some of my clothes." Jungkook eyed the over sized sweater and shorts in his hands suspiciously and a small smirk appeared on his lips.

    "You want me to wear one of your dorky sweaters?" 

    "Oh shut up, just until I wash your clothes, okay?" He said walking closer to the younger with his hand extended, "Give me your sweatshirt"

    "N-no." Jungkook said backing away from the other a bit. Taehyung eyed him curiously at the weird reaction. "I can put it in the wash myself it's fine you've done enough" Jungkook said faking a smile trying to cover his action. 

    "Do you even know how to use a washing machine?" Taehyung pursed his lips suspiciously before the memory from before flooded back to his mind. The face of panic that Jungkook wore, the way his face drained off color and his eyes got blown wide constantly flicking somewhere else. "Nevermind. Just give me your clothes tomorrow okay?" He turned his head away from the younger and busied himself with packi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter