Ten

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For some odd reason, waking up was a bit different, compared to his usual. There was this unexplainable force that made him feel that today would be a good day. He stood up from his bed, reaching for the towel, and draping it at his shoulder afterwards.

Today was going to be a good day, hopefully.

It felt a bit strange, because he couldn’t really feel the number of problems that he had to worry about.

The bathroom had drops of water on the wall, meaning someone had already used the shower. Jackson probably left for school already.

Why did that disappoint him? He shook his head, quickly finishing his shower. He went out of the bathroom and covered himself with clothes. He strapped his bag around him, and took the four, heavy books he borrowed from the library.

As much as this was enough of a reason to ruin his day, Mark decided to stay positive. He went out of the room. It seemed that Mrs. Lau was at work, and Henry was elsewhere. He sighed and went out of the house.

“Took you long enough, Mr. Tuan”

“What are you still doing here? I thought you left.”

“I was just cleaning my car. I didn’t want to let you in such a dirty place. So, can we go?”

“No, thank you. I’ll go take the bus.”

But, Jackson stopped him. “No, no, no, I insist. I can’t take any chances.”

“What chances?”

“What if something happens to you? What if you get into an accident? What if you bump your head? You might get amnesia and forget about the most handsome person in the world.” He rolled his eyes. “Plus, you might forget about the song.”

“But-“

“No, buts, okay? Just get inside the car.”

He chuckled, sighing in defeat. Jackson took the books he was holding earlier and opened the door for him.

“After you, your highness.”

“Shut up”

His disappointment died down, and was soon replaced with happiness. He couldn’t really stop smiling. Jackson sat beside him, starting the car. He was surprised when the other suddenly leaned in.

“What the hell are you doing?”

Instead of getting a response, Jackson just pulled the seatbelt and buckled it.

“Safety first” The other teased. “Or did you want me to kiss you?”

“Shut up”

“As you wish, your majesty.” Jackson started to drive. “Odd, I feel like I’m forgetting something.”

“I thought you’d go to school with Henry.”

Jackson looked at him with lips agape. “So that’s what I forgot!”

He rolled his eyes, as the other turned the car around. He had to admit, forgetful Jackson was kind of cute.

---

If there was one thing he didn’t like that much, it was literature. He did love reading, but he found the whole subject boring. Their professor went on with the lecture, as the other students wrote down in their notebooks, while some drew.

There were some, like Mark, who were asleep. He chuckled, glancing at the sleeping blonde. Was his song the cause of the boy’s lack of sleep? As much as he wanted the song, it was also an indirect excuse for him to give some help.

“Mr. Tuan” Their professor called out. Mark’s seatmate nudged the former. “What do you think is the main focus of our story?”

He could see Mark sitting properly. He would’ve helped the boy, if he knew the answer, but if there was one thing their professor hated, it was being unprepared.

“As much as A was aware of the qualities he owned, it seemed that at some point, he was still looking for himself. Every day, it was a different body, and even if he did have a permanent one, it still wasn’t his. I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter