Four

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was his daily routine to stay in the library before going to his class. He loved the library; it felt so nice to be surrounded by knowledge. He found a seat near the fiction section. He brought his book out.

“Everyday” by David Levithan. For some odd reason, he could really relate to this book. He had been rereading this book for the longest time.

‘Ultimately, the universe doesn’t care at all.’

That was the most striking line, that certain line that he could never, ever forget. For him, no matter who you were; no matter what you had done in life; no matter how hard your life was, the universe would never care at all. If your life was hard, it could get harder.

The universe could take the people you love, in a blink of an eye.

Because of this, he had learned to trust only himself, no one else. He conditioned himself to never get attached to anyone. All he needed was Joey.

His thoughts were disrupted, because he had the feeling of being watched. His eyes slowly scanned the room, only to see that guy from Henry’s house staring at him. If he wasn’t mistaken, the guy’s name was Jackson Wang. They actually shared a class together, math to be exact.

Why was this guy acting like a creep? Who would even wear sunglasses inside a library? Right, he gave the guy a black eye. That would explain the glasses.

Wait, where was Jackson?

“Looking for me?”

He rolled his eyes. “Not exactly”

He stood up, gathering his things. He couldn’t take obnoxious, cocky people like this guy right here.

---

10:45

Jackson had been following Mark for the past few hours, but it seemed that he had lost the blonde. He found it a bit hard to follow the guy around. Where was that nerd?

He smiled, as he found that familiar blonde hair.

They were like playing cat and mouse, like a predator hunting on his prey. To be honest, he was actually enjoying this. Most people would be too easy to get, which made things a bit boring for him.

Mark Tuan was a challenge, a challenge he was willing to pursue.

Actually, the nerd didn’t look that bad. The blonde had milky, white skin, which looked very feminine, and that sharp nose. In short, the guy was handsome. He couldn’t really say that out loud, could he?

“Hey, Christian” He said. “Can you do me a favour?”

He explained the thing that had to be done, and of course, his bes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter