Yuri : Patience.

OF TEN THOUSAND I LOVE YOUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1. Yuri : Patience.

I watched Jessica walking back and forth in front of our bathroom door, feeling a bit amused as I witnessed the crease on her forehead multiplies by each step.

“Stop creating a hole in that carpet. You had it shipped  all the way from Turk, remember?”

“Shut up.”

My laughter broke free as I leaned deeper into the plush pillows to avoid her almighty glare. “Sit with me. Let's wait together.”

My dear wife heaved a sigh, stomping her way to the bed then unceremoniously flopped by my side.

My hand instinctively went to caress her hair as she buried her face into the pillow. “Be patient, dear.”

“You be patient.”

I laughed again, pulling her into my arms. It was barely six in the morning but my wife already smelled like flowers and lemongrass. Her hair heavenly layers of dark brown, so soft to my touch.

“How long we have to wait?” I asked, staring into her eyes while pushing tendrils of hair out of her face.

She glanced at the clock on the bedside table and held up her index finger. “One more minute.”

“Let's spend it nicely.” I dove for a deep kiss, treasuring her luscious lips. They tasted like the sweetest strawberry bubble gum, reminding me of both innocence happiness and sinful lust.

I sighed. She sighed. I let go of my hold, letting her rise to reach the bathroom again. She stopped right under the threshold though, turning back to flop on the bed again.

“Jess?”

“You take a look. I can't bear another failure.”

“Hey...” I patted her head, rising from my comfortable spot. “Be optimist.”

“It's hard to do so after five negative tests.”

It was easy to see why she was so skeptical. We had been trying to conceive for two years now. Even had made innumerable visits to the experts of this field and got as many therapy as possible. I couldn't even remember the last time we had impromptu for everything had to be timed to Jessica's ovulation. There were pills I had to take and Jessica even had to get daily hormon shots to boost our fertility. Smiling as reassuring as possible, I entered the bathroom cautiously. My eyes landed straight on the pregnancy test lying on the edge of the sink. I lifted the stick up. It wasn't hard to see the single red line across the test.

Another negative.

My hand went to rub my face almost instinctively. I wanted a baby. I wanted a strong son to continue my name or a pretty daughter to spoil to. This process of getting my wife pregnant started to get too stressful though. It was unnaturally tiring now we were on our sixth rows of non-achievement. I could bear with it. It was easy to drown the stress in work and hobby. But Jessica, she put her all in this.

My dear wife was the kind of woman who always gave 110%. Whenever she had her mind set on a goal she would pursue it to the end of the world, often burning herself in the process. Being her husband meant I got used of standing on the side, watching her run and run and run until it was time for me to catch her fall. This was different though. This was not another new path in her career or another store for her fashion brand. This quest had emotional baggage too heavy for her to carry for so long.

“Yul?”

I entered the bedroom again, tossing the test pack into the bin before climbing onto the bed.

“So?” Her eyes. I couldn't help her pleading eyes.

“Let's try harder next time.” I wrapped her in my embrace, avoiding those sad eyes.

“B... but... I'm two weeks late.”

“I'm sorry, baby. I'm sorry.”

Inside, I begged her not to cry. I begged her not to crumble. But after a few moment, I felt her tears soaked my shirt as her body shook in my arms. “Jess... don't do this to yourself.”

She cried even harder and I felt so helpless.

--- 0 ---

“You know what?" Choi Minho dabbed a napkin to his lips like a man of manner he was, then moved his fingers to take his glass of wine. “My cousin, Victoria. She conceived after five years of trying. Twins. It's about timing man. About being patient.”

“I can be patient. I am patient. It's Jessica I'm worri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter