First chapter : And The Story Begins..

A Witch Or? [STILL REVAMPING]

    "YOU are a witch and shouldn't be alive!",said my mother to me. At the age of six years old, I didn't know how to respond to my mother's anger to me. It was not just the anger from her, the glares that I got from the villagers are also intense. I felt suffocated with the stares and whispers as I was walking through the village. Besides, I still do not even know what is the actual reason that she was so furious at me. My mind was full of question as I thought what I have done that day was for the best for us.  I just wished that time can be turned around so that I would be living as a normal person again. All of this started since from that incident. Thinking again about what happened 6 years ago made me sighed and felt a well of tears would come out anytime now. That time, there was a huge birthday party for me.

     It was the first and the last birthday I celebrated before I've being outcasted. I was a normally perfect child and I would be proudly say that I have good manners too.  My life was simple. As a villager, every day I get to help my parents in their jobs.  Watering the vegetable patches, putting fertilizers, or even helped to pick the vegetables were my favourite things to do to ease my parent’s burden.  Talking about my parents must be making you thought of 'where is my other family members?'. Well, I did not have other siblings and I have my parents alone but I never felt ungrateful because I thought of other child might be much more unfortunate than me.At that time, the villagers always questioned where I came from as my face did not resemble either of my parents.  Some also called me as a cursed child but my parents said that I should be rest assured because I'm not what the villagers think of.  Everytime I went to the village's market to buy meat or fish, there will be a lots of whispering and some of them even intentionally said their words aloud and clear to let me hear it.  I pretended not to hear them but every word that I heard pierced my heart deeply. Just thinking about it made my tears came out of nowhere but I never showed it to my parents. I loved them too much and showing out my tears would hurt them.

    I'm a girl in her twenties now but the memories are still freshly, lingers in my mind. Six years ago, I was a sixteen year old maiden and that was the start of my witch-cursed life. I still could remember the preparations that my parents and I did for my birthday.  A mouth-watering cake which was filled with raspberry filling with star-shaped cookie on the top of the cake, a simple decoration which I used some flowers that I picked myself in the forest with many scrumptious foods and drinks that my mother made and last but not least a tons of present that were waiting to be unwrapped that my friends gave.  It's surprising right? During that period of time, I managed to make friends with other teenage-village girl. The reason I said that it was my first birthday celebration was because it was the first time I had able to make friends and I felt I need to make a celebration somehow although I never cared for my own birthday before.  I asked my parents to celebrate it at the waterfall near our village because it was my favourite spot and I always went there when I needed some fresh air and just to appreciate nature.

    That day was lot of fun.  First, we played 'Pin the tail' and my friends were spinning me around like a top, it was dizzy and fun. I never felt so excited and happy like that. After all the games have ended, it was the time for cake cutting. Surrounded with my parents and friends, I proudly hold the cake-knife to cut my birthday cake until suddenly, a scream was heard. Before I knew it, people who were surrounding me had run away from me. I was astonished and terrified because their faces were white as ghost when seeing there was something behind me. I gulped my saliva. Gathered some courage, I turned back and saw a huge, no, an enormous, white crocodile. All my friends and even my parents had run away, leaving me alone with the crocodile. I did not know where my courage comes from because my mind just become blank and my instinct acted on its own. My mouth just shouted, 'STOP!’ to that crocodile. To my amazement, the crocodile stopped moving further after I shouted. I mean, well, it is even logic for an animal to follow my order? I blinked my eyes several times, looking at the crocodile with a mixed feelings. Somehow, I felt the crocodile and I were able to understand each other without saying anything. The crocodile stared back deeply in my eyes before it had turned away to get into the river back and for the God's sake, I heard it muttered the words of  "Forgive me, Your Highness", and I was the only one that heard it. "Your Highness?" I repeated back the words that I heard from the crocodile, feeling disbelieved and shocked still. 

    Since that unforgettable incident, my parents and friends all avoided me. They assumed that I was crazy and the news how a crocodile listened to my shouting, spreaded wildly through the village. Because of that incident also, I was called 'Witch'. No matter how I explained my situation at that time, no one seems to believe me.  Even my parents did not believe in me anymore. As for me, it felt deeply hurt inside. After the incident, I just cannot bring myself to forget all those weird dreams which I got every single night.  I was sleepless and barely managed to catch an hour sleep or so just to make my body rest for a while. Those dreams of that white crocodile, a water-tornado, people that were lying on the ground with wounds and bleeding were getting me on my nerves. The other thing that scared me was that my dreams had become so vivid that I could feel the bloods and smelt them like the scene in my dream really happened. After that incident too, weird things happened to me. The water seemed to react whenever I was in a furious or anger mood. As example, when I'm angry, the water in the puddle suddenly created ripples as it has its own life or when I was shouting angrily at the waterfall, the water started shaking violently. All this things were making me scared and if I don't find the answers soon enough, I think I will become crazy or in the end, I just kill myself from all these unlogical things that happened. No matter what I did, I always make sure of myself to not approach near any of those water sources when I was in bad mood. I don't know what will happen but I do not want to think about it. Plus, I don't want to worsen the rumours. I just can't take what the villagers said anymore. But, in terms of behaving myself to not go to any water sources, I could not go to my favourite waterfall that I loved dearly.