masquerade

blanket mail | yoonmin

"Yoongi, wake up"
"Yaaaah... i'm sleeping, dumba-"
"Watch. Your. Mouth.", Jin scolds him, "Get your out of your bed and have some breakfast", and gets growled by the drowsy boy who curls up on his bed.
"No respect, these kids nowadays", the older one mumbles to himself on his way out.

Yoongi rubs the sleep out of his eyes and takes a moment to sit on the edge of the bed. As soon as he's sure that Jin is out of sight, his fingers brush the spot where his letter is hidden. His fingertips feel paper through the fabric and the boy sighs. Four days have passed since that night in which he wrote the letter. Unfortunately he didn't get the chance to write more since some of the boys fell asleep in the living room while watching movies or they got home late because of dance practice. Anyway, he stretches and sighs again, finally getting his out of his bed, as Jin demanded him to do.

   "Morning", he grunts while walking up to the others who are already gathered around the table.
"Wow, Yoongi hyung's in a brilliant mood today", Taehyung giggles and Yoongi shoots a glance at him that screams One more word and I'll kill you. Next to Taehyung, Jungkook has to pull himself together to not laugh. Jimin, though, looks quite worried and dares to ask: "Hyung... you haven't slept well, hm?"
Jimin's bright voice actually soothes Yoongi's annoyed mind.
   "Don't worry about me, after all I'm up", slips out of the latter's mouth, colder than he wanted it to sound. Jimin pouts. He just wanted to be nice. Yoongi, of course, notices the hurt look on Jimin's face and immediately feels guilty and angry about himself. Why did he always have to be so mean to him?
   "I'm alright, Jiminie", he smiles at the younger one who eventually returns the smile, a smile that warms Yoongi's heart.
"Guys, today we'll have another photo shooting, as y'all know, and we'll be leaving in an hour.", Namjoon explains, attracting the boys' attention and causing Yoongi to face away from the brown-haired boy. A certain coldness engulfs him again and he sits down across from Jimin and frowns. During breakfast, he stares down on his plate, fully consumed by one thought: "Avoid looking at him"
 
---

to the one I love,

finally, finally I can put the mess of feelings into words. my body screams for rest but my mind is wide awake. so I just had to sneak out of my room because the events of today wouldn't stop being replayed like a mind-movie.
you being in that hotel room. me being in that hotel room. no escape. your presence was both heaven and hell. how could I have concentrated when we were so close? I barely heard the instructions of the photographer because my head was spinning. your soft facial features, your scent and your laugh that eventually cut through the tensed atmosphere. and then, as you were fooling around together with the others, jealousy boiled inside of me and almost took control over my actions. I wanted to grab your hand and hold you. wanted to whisper in your ear. wanted to never let go.
but I put on a mask. not just physically but emotionally as well. jealousy turned into anger and anger into apathy. I told myself to forget about you and simply move on. and that's basically what I try  to do every day. I hide behind an iron mask, barely letting through the real me. but now and then it cracks and a smile or a stare escapes. and I'm scared. I'm so scared that anyone could notice. that
you could notice. and that you wouldn't understand. that you never will. this is like a masquerade ball. and i'm dancing alone.

in love,
yoongi

Only seconds after Yoongi is done folding the letter, he thinks to have heard a door opening in the aisle. He panics and stumbles to the lamp that illuminates the room, almost tripping over his own feet. What if he gets caught? What would be his explanation? Thinking through the options of excuses, the boy almost forgets to breathe. It was then so silent that Yoongi dares to assume that none of the others is awake. The noise was gone but the worries creep up on him. He doesn't feel like his secret was safe anymore and he decides this one thing: Get rid of the two letters before it's too late.

 

---

hi! oh dear it's been more than three weeks since the last update. i'm terribly sorry for letting you wait! i had to focus on other things and well, here i am and i hope you like this update. thanks for reading and subscribing, that makes me really happy! have a nice day/night :)