in love, yoongi

blanket mail | yoonmin

It's been another night but it's been the same dream. Yoongi rolls around on his bed, not able to fall back to sleep.

Hyung, I love you.

That's what the younger one whispered into Yoongi's ear. But only in the latter one's recurring dream. So the pink-haired boy let's out a desperate sigh and startles as his hyung starts turning around on the other bed. Yoongi covers his mouth with his hands and waits until Jin doesn't move any longer. Then he grabs the blanket, walks over to his desk and takes a piece of paper and a pen out of its top drawer. Not wanting to wake up Jin, he sneaks out of the room extremely carefully and tiptoes to the coffee table. A glance at the clock tells him that it's 2:13. Everyone should be asleep by now, so Yoongi switches on a little lamp on the wall, contributing enough light to write. He kneels on the carpet, still wrapped up in his blanket, grabs the pen and line after line is written drown on the paper.

to the one I love,

I've dreamt of you, once again and I can't keep the thoughts and feelings to myself anymore. they are haunting me just as your face that appears in front of me whenever I close my eyes. I am not good with words in a spoken way that's why I could never tell you to your face what I actually feel for you. so i write them down. not for you to read them but to release and capture them once again, here on this paper.
every single day I hide my love for you and it's slowly turning into poison, killing me from inside, bit by bit. I can't control my heart, my mind and my emotions when I see you and I fear that I'll go insane. but writing down these lines makes me feel relieved, at least a tiny bit, as if I can finally admit to myself that I am in love with you. even though I know that my affection will never be returned - and that is what hurts me the most - I am thankful for every moment in which I can admire and adore you from afar.

in love,
yoongi

The boy takes a deep breath and lays the pen aside. He stares down on the sentences, black on white, as clear as his mind is right now. Yoongi yawns and rubs his eyes, finally sleepy. The letter. What to do with it now? . Pondering about a safe hiding place, his gaze lands on the blanket around him. That's it. He opens the zip of the duvet cover as quietly as possible, neatly folds the piece of paper and stuffs it into his blanket. After a short moment of composing himself, Yoongi gets up, turns off the light and hurries back into his bed, the warm blanket covering him and sleep descending on him within seconds.

 

---

hello! it's raining and it's dark outside. i've been listening to zayn malik's pillow talk and suddenly i knew that tonight i'd want to start the yoonmin fiction i keep thinking of for weeks now. the title and the cover were already settled a while ago, before pillow talk was even announced. the song just got me into that emotional state that i needed for writing this story. but some lines of the lyrics might match the story. not now but maybe in the upcoming chapters. i mean, things can always change, right? vote and comment if you like, i appreciate both a lot! :)

Ps: if this is the first story you're reading by me and you like my writing style, you can check out my first fiction "pr-love" (still on-going tho). it's about yoongi and a girl called grace and well things are twisted as and... you can read more if you wish so xx

Pps: here's a link to a lyrics video of pillow talk. enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvCGqbr2jCY