fall {everything} fall

blanket mail | yoonmin

On the next morning, Jimin wakes up feeling confused. Last night when he went to the bathroom, he thought to have seen the glow of a lamp in the living room. After using the toilet, he stood in the aisle, squinted and opened his eyes again but the light was gone and the only thing left was darkness surrounding him. He was too tired to investigate the matter though, so he hurried back to his room and snuggled down with his blanket to fall asleep in no time.
   Now the brown haired boy sits up and his eyes wander to Taehyung and then to Hoseok. Both are still asleep and Jimin wonders why he's already awake. It's their day off after the exhausting photo shooting in the hotel room. They spent the day there, following the photographer's instructions, posing and acting for the camera. To add up to that, Jimin had his individual shots in the bathtub. He had felt wet and cold and all he wanted was to rest.
   After the shooting, they had dinner in their dorm but all of the members were tired, so one after another disappeared to their bedrooms. Yoongi was the first one to leave the circle without saying "Goodnight" or anything nice to the others. He's been acting weird lately, Jimin suddenly thinks. He understands that Yoongi must be over-worked but that's no reason to be mean to everyone else. At least Jimin knows when to keep his mouth shut in order to avoid provoking his hyung.
   But sometimes, just as yesterday morning, he dares to approach his moody friend and it seems to Jimin as if Yoongi's nicer to him than to Taehyung or Jungkook. Probably because I annoy him the least, is Jimin's explanation but he can't stop thinking about what could cause the older one to be grumpy almost 24/7. Whatever it is, he might never find out, so he tries to get some more sleep and might continue pondering about that another time.

Two hours later, during breakfast, it's again Namjoon's turn to announce the plan for the day. Jimin isn't listening but is looking Yoongi over, he stares at him as if that could answer the questions that were spinning in his mind.
   "He looks tired. Does he look worried too? Even a bit anxious? What's wrong?", Jimin asks himself and knits his brows. Yoongi is just looking at Namjoon, one fist on the table, clenched as if he's struggling with something.
   "Ah and Jimin, you're staying here with Jin to clean the dorm", Namjoon adresses the younger boy who startles, ripped out of his thoughts.
   "Mhm, yes, okay", is all he can reply. After finishing their breakfast, Taehyung, Jungkook and Namjoon discuss the grocery list, Hoseok and Yoongi get ready to head to the studio to set up new devices for music production.
   "Don't you dare touching my stuff while I'm gone", is all what Yoongi barks while closing the door behind them, leaving Jin and Jimin alone in the apartment.
   "We should start with doing the hoovering, it's gotten quite dusty, don't you think?", Jin asks and sounds motivated.
   "Yup. So do you want to do that? I could do something else in the meantime", Jimin suggests since he doesn't like to vacuum-clean.
   "Yeah I'm fine with that. You could put new sheets on the beds and bring the used ones to the washing machine."
   "Alrighty. But...", he hesitates and recalls Yoongi's words, "what about Yoongi's sheets? He'd get upset, wouldn't he?"
   "Probably", Jin laughs out, "but just do as you want."
Great. Does Jimin want to risk getting scolded by Yoongi? The boy isn't sure yet, so he lightheartedly starts in the other two bedrooms first but as he opens the door to Yoongi's, he is still indecisive. Something tells him to leave the bed as it is but maybe his older friend would appreciate clean linen as well? Jimin shakes off his worries and decides to do what he thinks is right: change the duvet covers and prepare for getting shouted at. He heads to the bed and changes the pillow cover - an uneasy feeling spreads in his tummy - but he keeps going and picks the blanket next. His fingers find the zip and open the cover. There's no going back now. With one hand he holds the cover, with the other he pulls out the blanket and-

hears the sound of something landing on the floor.