Chapter 5

I'm not her type!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t want any friends of mine hate me.” She added.

.....

Friends? And when I was finally inflating my ego back on, she pulled out a pin and burst it once again.  She just had to pull that F word even though I wasn’t asking. Just great, Sunny. Just great. Fitting in fact.

I grunted all to myself. A good way to motivate me even further!

“What do you want to do after this?” she asked after sipping her coke.

I grabbed the bottle of ketchup and removed the cap. “I’m up for anything.”

Alright, time to put plan two into action.

I smiled cheekily. Friends, eh? I don’t think you’ll be thinking the same thing after I show you how lovable I can be, Sunny. You want clumsy, you’ll have clumsy. Lots and lots of it.

“I was thinking maybe we could go-...” Sunny began talking again which of course I don’t have any clue as to what it is. I was too busy analyzing how I would put my plan into action. It’s not easy to be clumsy. It really does ask a lot from me, pride and self-respect included.

I turned the bottle of ketchup upside down and shook it rigorously

“Or we could do some-...”

With another rigorous shaking, the ketchup came spilling across the table and splatter all over her white with black stripped dress shirt.

I looked at stain in horror... well from the outside that is. My mind was just patting me on the back with really big grin vastly spreading across my face like a really big acne.

Sunny quickly stood up and grabbed the remaining tissue from the table.

“I’m so sorry!” I apologized, my mind bursting out in laughter. I could win an award for this.

“It’s okay.” Sunny replied as she wiped the stain off with the napkin. I tried to help which is really is a codename for messing things more, but Sunny waved her hand and smiled, “ It’s okay. I got this. Try checking if you got it in you as well.”

That would be impossible. At that angle, only Sunny would have that ketchup stain. But still I had to act as if I didn’t do it on purpose. I looked down and checked my clothes for any related ketchup stain on me. I averted my gaze back at Sunny and shook my head. “I don’t have any on me.”

“Good. It seems like I’m a magnet for this kind of situations.” She laughed.

I tried to apologize once again but Sunny waved a hand and smiled. It’s weird but somehow her smile managed to take control over my body. I sat properly back on the chair without saying a word.

When I thought I couldn’t get more confused, Sunny walked towards my sit and sat right beside me.

My body froze as my eyes bolted out in surprised, “Wha- What- What are you doing?” I stammered.

“Sitting beside you.” She said, pulling her plate over to her side.

I could guess that much, Sunny! I’m trying to be clumsy not stupid. I want to know why.

“Wh-Why?”

I was only expecting you to say how clumsy I was and how you find it cute not ambush me sitting beside me. Am I not that clumsy enough?

She stared at me and cheekily smiled, “To escape another “ketchup spill over” accident.”

For the whole duration that we were eating, I was insanely silent. It felt so maddeningly nerve-wrecking to sit beside her. I sat beside her in the movie house, yes, but that’s different. The lights were closed back there at movie house so there’s no way she saw how I reacted whenever her arm brushed up against mine. But since it was fully bright at where we ate, it made a whole lot difference. So the whole time we were indulging our meal, I kept my distance as much possible and fixated my eyes on the food. It was indeed weird and suspicious but I just hope she didn’t catch any of it.

“Is it okay if we walk through the park before we go home?” I she asked.

“That would be nice.” I returned.

The walk was maddeningly silent. It’s just like a parade of mime, silent and unfunny. Every time Sunny did or said something unexpected, I always end up getting insanely silent. Why? Why? Why? I don’t why! But what I do know is that I’ve never been like this before.

The silent atmosphere kept thickening each passing second. I don’t know what is running through her mind but I do know what’s running through mine, which also had been in there for the past weeks now. How to get the dense blonde to like me!

I was struggling whether or not do my ultimate plan and just purposely slip in front of her. I even wore a skirt to add charm to it. But I just couldn’t find the right time to just slip and fell. Damn it, Tiffany! Break this awkward silence! Slip, slip for the celebration of noise!

“Tiffany...” she called me out. “Did I-..” she tried to look at me but stare away.

“Is everything alright?” I asked.

“I was thinking the same thing with you.”

“With me? Why?”

“You’ve been silent all this time. Did I do anything to make you uncomfortable?” She asked in concern. I wanted to speak out but she cut me off. “If it’s about me sitting beside you, I’m sorry. I wasn’t really thinking at that time, okay maybe I have but for the sake of my dress shirt. Okay not really. I thought that sitting beside you would get you to talk but it got you more silent. So that wasn’t good. If this is about me teasing, I’m sorry again. I could really be-...”

Is she stammering? I smiled. She is.

I couldn’t quite get it, I never liked it when people stutter while they talk but with Sunny somehow it’s different. It’s surprisingly different.

“Sunny.” I called, raising my voice up. She stopped.

“Finally.” I sighed. “It’s okay. I’m not mad and you didn’t make me uncomfortable.”

She opened to voice something out but I raced her to it. “or anything related to that matter.”

She chuckled.”Aren’t you going to ask me if I’m angry?”

“Are you angry?” I asked jokingly, giggles in between.

“Yes.” She replied sternly.

I stopped from giggli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter