1 - Mine

Little Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina POV

 

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Mina… Happy birthday to you.”

 

As my daddy and friends finished sing the song, I closed my eyes. I heard my daddy whispered at me. “Make a wish, baby.” I chuckled at him. ‘Dear God, please let me meet my other dad.’ They cheered at me happily before daddy gave me the knife to cut the cake.

 

Today, I turn into 13 years old girl. Oh yeah. My name is Oh Mina. Just Mina. I knew that I am special because my daddy gave birth to me. My daddy is my hero. He raised me alone. His family threw us out while my other dad asked my daddy to get an abortion when he found out he was pregnant with me. I never knew my other dad. Daddy never told me anything about him except that he never wanted me in his life. Painful right? Yeah, but I never did self harm. I was happy with my life. I had a lot of kind friends and teachers. I love them.

 

My daddy is Oh Sehun. You know him right? He is in the famous kpop boyband, EXO. I never met his other band mates and they didn’t know about me too. Nobody knew that Oh Sehun had a daughter except my friends and teachers. I didn’t like the paparazi. It is better to live this way. I had an amazing daddy by my side so I didn’t need to get worry about. But, little did I know, I want everyone knew that I’m his daughter, at least.

 

People at the outside know me as Oh Mina, the genius girl. I didn’t know why people said that I’m a genius but I finished my studies last semester in the college. I love to study. Daddy worked hard to get new books for me. I have a weird hobby but I didn’t tell my daddy. I love to read gay stories or in Japanese, . My daddy is gay.

 

Didn’t I mention my friends and teachers earlier? My friends are older than me. I didn’t have any friends with the same age except my neighbour, Lee Minhyuk. He is fifteen. We are so close to each other since we were toddlers.

 

After my birthday party, I helped daddy clean up. I promise to myself that I will be the best daughter ever. “Erm, daddy. May we have a talk after this?” I look at him hopefully. He smiled at me and nodded. “Of course, baby. Wait me at the living room okay?”

 

I bit my lips. I didn’t know how to ask him. It is my right to know my other dad even though he didn’t want me in his life. I felt jealous with my friends. They had their both parents. I finally had courage to ask him today. Daddy sat beside me and he placed a kiss on my forehead. “What is it, baby?”

 

“Daddy… W-who is my o-other d-dad?” I couldn’t help but suttered. I look at him hopefully. I heard him sighed heavily. “Mina, if I tell you this… please don’t freak out okay?” he asked me. I furrowed my eyebrow. What did he meant by that? Freak out about what? “I… just want to know him… and I want to meet him. Please, daddy. I’m begging you.” My eyes felt hot and I knew that I would cry soon.

 

“Your other dad is…”

 

Knock! Knock! I groaned when we heard someone knocked the door. I stood up and ran to my bedroom, leaving my daddy alone at the living room. I pulled out my Iphone and sent a message to my best friend.

 

To: Minhyuk

Hey, let’s go out for a while. I need to calm myself right now.

 

I put my head in my hands before I heard buzzing sound.

 

From: Minhyuk

Okay. I’ll be out now. Wait for me okay?

 

I wiped my tears and took my mafela. It was a little bit cold at the outside. When I was going downstairs, I heard my daddy’s voice. He seemed broken with me. I didn’t look at who did come to our house but instead, I walked to my daddy. “Baby, where are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter