Epilogue

Cursed Star

"You may now kiss the groom." Yifan grinned down at Yixing as he pressed their lips together, once the officiator had finished his speech.

 

Yixing melting against him, as always, not even letting go once they separated their mouths. Yixing cuddled as close as he could to his new husband and the corner of his lips quirked up at the wink Chanyeol sent his way.

 

There was a glowing feeling inside his chest as the newlyweds caught sight of Yifan’s father. The king wasn’t strong enough to be out of bed for long but he would be damned if he missed his only son’s wedding.

 

Thank you, Mother. He thinks as Yifan led him back down the aisle towards the carriage that would take them straight to the farmhouse that Yixing had lived in all his life. One that was now rightfully under his own possession. However, he shared the property deeds with Chanyeol, giving his stepbrother a home for life.

 

That farmhouse had marked Yixing's beginning with the curse and it would mark the end. He thought he felt it most when he was carried over the threshold with the soon-to-be king’s kisses covering his face. But, his life was always moving upwards.

 

Things were only really complete when Yifan dropped Yixing’s locket on his bare chest as they laid beside each other in bed, something that renewed Yixing’s tired body into wanting to celebrate his wedding once again.

 

The End

A/N: Thank you to my lovely beta who basically mothered me through this monster of a fic and bulked up my story so much and turned it into something I am proud of. I look forward to participating in more fic fests in the future. Hope you guys enjoyed :)