When I missed you.

Stages of Love

 

 

 2. When I missed you.

 

Taekwoon ran excited, almost tripping with his own feet, to Hakyeon’s house while holding his new soccer ball.

 

It was the first day of their summer vacations and Taekwoon was beyond happy. He and Hakyeon were now in middle school and even though all seemed to go smoothly, he needed a break. He wasn’t still used to all the changes they had been through.

 

He was about to knock Hakyeon’s house door when his parents stepped out. They seemed to be heading to somewhere. Taekwoon still in his excited state hurried to Hakyeon’s mom side.

 

“Hello, Taekwoon.” The woman greeted him with a smile; Hakyeon really looked like his mother. “Are you here looking for Yeonnie?”

 

The boy nodded.

 

“Are you heading to somewhere?” He tilted his head with curiosity; if his best friend made him go all the way to his place to just leave, he would kill him.

 

“Yeah, but don’t worry, Hakyeon is not coming.” He let a relieved sigh escape; Hakyeon’s mom chuckled at this, it was as if she could read his mind. Taekwoon bent down his head embarrassed.

 

“Then I’ll be entering.”

 

 

 

 

Taekwoon removed his shoes as fast as he could, tripping on his feet but never dropping the soccer ball.

 

“Hakyeon-ah! Hurry up!” The boy started screaming in the hall making Hakyeon jump in surprise, his friend wasn’t the type to shout, and in fact he barely talked. May be something happened.

 

“Why?” He shouted back from his room while getting all the things in his backpack.

 

“Just hurry!”

 

Hakyeon pouted. Why was Taekwoon so impatient? It wasn’t as if they were going to miss something if they arrived late. They were just going to the park.

 

“I’m ready.”

 

He took his backpack and came out of his room running into Taekwoon; the boy had his backpack on and was holding a soccer ball, it was new. He noticed it. His friend really looked excited, almost as excited as when he got accepted in the school's soccer team. “That’s a new one.”

 

He said pointing at the black and blue ball; Taekwoon nodded. “Why did it take you so much?”

 

The younger boy pouted and Hakyeon fought the urge of teasing his friend at his sudden outburst of cuteness, he still appreciated his life.

 

“Why so eager?” Hakyeon asked with a hint of curiosity as they headed to the door.

 

“We need to get Wonshik.”

 

So that’s why Taekwoon was so impatient; Hakyeon stopped on his tracks and looked at his friend then at the new soccer ball on his hands, finally realizing the reason of the boy’s excitement. Hakyeon bit his lower lip.

 

“Wonshik is not here. His family left the town; they went to visit his grandmother in Gwangju.”

 

Taekwoon’s bright smile slowly dropped making Hakyeon feel like a bad boy, even though he didn’t do anything bad in the first place. Taekwoon hugged his new soccer ball.

 

“Oh… when is he coming back?” The boy asked in his usual soft almost whisper like voice.

 

He shrugged. “I don’t know, probably in one week.”

 

Taekwoon nodded.

 

“Can I leave my ball here?” He asked while setting the ball in the closet where they kept the spare shoes and coats.

 

“Why? Don’t you want to play with me?”

 

He tried to sound offended as in a playful way, but immediately regretted when he saw Taekwoon’s reaction. “You have a performance in one month, you can’t get injured.”

 

Since their middle school entry they took different paths; Taekwoon was more the sport type, so they weren’t surprised when the boy got in the school’s soccer team. While Hakyeon started taking dance lessons; and currently the boy was rehearsing for a recital. Because of this Wonshik and Taekwoon became closer, both boys loved soccer.

 

“I can play with you too. I’m not as good as Wonshik though.”

 

Taekwoon showed a little smile but shook his head.

 

“No, it’s okay.” He closed the closet before Hakyeon could even reply. “I don’t want you to get hurt.”

 

The other boy scoffed. “I’m not that weak. I have strong legs.”

 

“Last time you stepped on the ball and sprained your ankle.”

 

Hakyeon blushed.

 

Without saying anymore they left the place talking about other things and Taekwoon tried not to think of the younger boy.

 

 

 

 

Taekwoon threw himself on the bed after putting his things on the floor; he felt tired. Though not physically tired, it was other kind of tired, one that he didn’t even understand. He took his cell phone and looked at it for a few seconds. No calls. No messages.

 

He flipped it open and stared at it for a few more seconds.

 

Should he call him? No. It would be weird.

 

He sighed and looked at the screen again, then started typing a message to Wonshik.

 

I got a new ball. We should play.

Hurry up so we can play.

 

I miss you.

 

Taekwoon closed the cell phone without sending the message. What was he doing? Hakyeon was probably right and they’d comeback in a week, so there was no need for him to message the younger boy. Yeah, that was right.

 

 

 

Two weeks passed and Wonshik didn’t come, it was until a few days before they went back to school that the guy arrived; and they played with his new soccer ball.

 

Later he would find that it was the first time, but not the last time he would miss the younger boy.

 


 

So after their meeting here comes the first time that Taekwoon missed Wonshik... In this chap they're like 9 and 11 or something like that XD So meeting->missing what do you thing goes next?XD btw thanks for your comments, I always read them ^^