When I fell for you.

Stages of Love

 

3. When I fell for you.

 

Taekwoon put the umbrella down, next to the closet where the Kim family used to keep the spare shoes, as he started removing his coat, and then took the plastic bag that he left on the floor and walked to the kitchen, where Wonshik’s mother was.

 

He went to the new bakery down street that afternoon to buy a cake before started raining, he didn’t have anything with him to cover from the rain and thought he’d need to stay there until the rain calmed down; but an old lady –presumably the owner gave him an umbrella. He was thankful, and tried his best to not let the cake get soaked.

 

“Where is Wonshik?” He asked to Wonshik’s mother as he put the cake he had been carrying from the new bakery to Wonshik’s house on the table.

 

“He’s at the backyard.” She said smiling while handing him a pink umbrella with floral patterns, he guessed it belonged to Jiwon. “You’ll need it.”

 

“Thank you.” Taekwoon thanked her in an almost whisper.

 

 

 

He spotted the boy standing in the middle of the backyard getting soaked by the rain. Wonshik was just standing still letting the raindrops drench his clothes, from that side he couldn’t tell if he had his eyes open or not, but still a feeling of uneasiness took over him. Somehow it worried him that something had happened during his training absence. He tightened up the grip of his hand, the one that was holding the umbrella that Wonshik’s mother gave to him just a few minutes ago.

 

That was what Wonshik’s mom meant by needing it.

 

The boy didn’t notice him approaching until he stopped feeling the raindrops on his skin, chocolate eyes meeting his owns. He smiled.

 

“Pink suits you, Taekwoon.”

 

“Why are you here? You look like a mad person.”

 

Wonshik laughed.

 

“The rain relaxes me.”

 

“Normal people just watch it through the window, you know.”

 

He shrugged.

 

“I guess I’m not normal.”

 

Taekwoon didn’t say anything but he agreed; his friend wasn’t normal. Normal people wouldn't fall asleep while standing and talking.

 

“I bought a cake from the new bakery.”

 

“Why?” Wonshik blinked confused, a few drops falling down from his hair to his cheeks.

 

“You’re entering high school this year.”

 

He chuckled and then bit his lower lip as if he was holding back something to say. They stayed in silence for a few seconds.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“You did the same when I got in high school.” Wonshik nodded. “Let’s get back before you catch a cold.”

 

The boy sighed. “You know the rain really relaxes me.”

 

And then he stepped back letting the rain drench him once again; Taekwoon took a step forward trying to cover him with the umbrella but Wonshik was having nothing of it. He turned the umbrella down making the rain cover the both of them. It was on times like those when he remembered that he was still younger than him.

 

“Just… close your eyes and feel the rain… I like to think it cleans my soul.” He smiled closing his eyes getting lost in the feeling.

 

“You’re weird.” Taekwoon said to Wonshik but didn’t try to cover them with the umbrella again.

 

The younger boy chuckled with his eyes still closed. “I know but also you.”

 

Taekwoon stayed in silence and just stared at the boy in front him, looking at the trace that the raindrops left on his face. Wonshik was only a few centimeters shorter than him now, and the baby fat on his cheeks was slowly disappearing. It was until now that he started noticing how much the other had changed.

 

Wonshik wasn’t the cute little six years old without front teeth that he had met eight years ago anymore. And that moment was the moment in which he felt a tug on his chest of sudden realization.

 

It wasn’t an unexpected meeting.

 

Nor something at first sight.

 

It was just him looking at his childhood friend, realizing how he changed and how important was him in his life when he had fallen in love.

 

He was in love with Wonshik.

 


.O.

OMG! haha I'm sorry for the delay~ here new chapter :D!!! *gives you some cookies* it didn't turn as how I expected though u.u uhm... I think there are 4 more chapters left... *throws confetti* Thank you for the comments! I read all of them!!!