A Big Decision

Déjà Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soon after they heard Jihoon’s voice, they realized that they now flying in the sky. Jihoon rapidly lifts them and brings them up. He flies so fast straight up to the sky.

“Jihoon? What happened?” Mingyu asks.

“Seungcheol. The uniform he wears is a new invention in the town. They can record everything and send it right away to the king. Not only that, they can control it from afar. Seungcheol, no, it’s the king who now running to find you and tries to find Wonwoo.”

“What?! They have that kind of technology of fully controlling someone like that? It’s a violation too!” Mingyu is furrowing his eyebrows to hear that. Is it ok because the king is the one who did it? “Jihoon, back to house, land me on where Seungcheol is, and bring Wonwoo to our workroom. It’s safer there for him.”

“Roger.”

Jihoon dives downward fast and looking for Seungcheol. He is now in the forest beside Mingyu’s house. He flies there and quickly let Mingyu go to face his brother. Just after that he flies again to the house and come inside heading to the workroom. He puts Wonwoo down once they reach there.

“Wait! Where are you going?” Wonwoo asks just right in the time Jihoon wants to fly again.

“Helping Mingyu.”

“Why do you guys put me here? I’m an android too right? I can help!”

“No, you just have to stay here, it helps a lot.” Jihoon answers coldly. “Because you are different.”

Wonwoo feels enraged, “If different means I’m the only one you guys try to protect but all of you are gambling your own lives out there, I don’t want to be different! Let me help!”

Jihoon puts his feet back to the ground. He then walks to Wonwoo and gives him a flat expression as usual. “I’m not protecting you. You are someone that more precious than anything to Mingyu, I protect his feeling, not you.” After saying that, Jihoon quickly flies outside again. He is leaving Wonwoo alone in their workroom. No, he is not alone. Jihoon leaves Wonwoo with Wonwoo in this room.

Wonwoo turns his back to see that again. He still is curious with it. He looks exactly like him and he can’t believe that Mingyu can make him so flawless like this. Wonwoo is scanning the body and everything. “Just, what happened between you and Mingyu? Why he is just so stupid to make me and fulfill your last request. What was your request to him?” Wonwoo is murmuring to himself. “Can I touch you because I wonder how does my body really feel?”

Wonwoo push the button right in the front of him with an ‘open’ writes on it. The water starts to drain and left the body hanging in the cylinder alone. A hidden door on its surface opened, making a way for Wonwoo to gets in. Wonwoo, without think twice, stepping his feet in and entering it. It feels weird to face himself like this without any barrier. He slides his hand on its face and he tries to feel everything about him. There’s no big difference with his own body now, it feels the same yet different. Wonwoo can’t tell what that is but he just knows that there’s something that his current body doesn’t have.

“I want to remember everything.” He whispers as he puts his forehead on the others’. He stands still like that for minutes. He closes his eyes and just freezing at his place. He recalls something, and slowly he can see his lost memories about Mingyu. He doesn’t understand, it’s not a technology and it’s not a new invention, how come he can remember all of those just by placing their head together like this. Wonwoo opens his eyes and blinks several times before he starts to realize that he finally remember everything. “So that’s my last request? That’s why Mingyu trying so hard to make me?”

Footsteps heard from the hallway. Wonwoo quickly gets out from the cylinder and hopes Mingyu back. He wants to tell everything to him. He wants to tell him that he now is the Wonwoo that Mingyu knew. He wants to tell him about the miracle that just happened. Wonwoo walks to get closer to the door when Mingyu really makes his appearance. He looks so tired with sweat all around his face and a panting breath, followed by Jihoon who just arrived there.

“Mingyu?” Wonwoo worries to see him out of breathe like that.

“Don’t do it, Mingyu, its fine if it’s me!” Jihoon whispers to Mingyu, he pulls Mingyu’s hand and holds him tightly.

“So here is your secret place where you keep my son’s body?” A heavy voice heard behind Jihoon. Seungcheol is there, his face shows his refusal, but his body does something opposite. A hologram screen is on his back, with a figure of an old man with a big crown on his head. “I told you to bury him, not to take him back to life with this illegal works!”

They are on a great puzzling state. Mingyu is still controlling his breath and thinking hard to find a way. Jihoon keeps holding Mingyu’s hand to prevent him from doing something unnecessary. Seungcheol can’t do anything even he wants to protect everyone here, his brother, Jihoon, and even Wonwoo. He tried to take off his uniform again and again but it doesn’t work since he can’t move his hand by his own will.

“I want him to die peacefully, don’t make him as your nasty rabbit for your experiment!” the king shouts.

“Wait, can you please hear me for now?” Wonwoo comes closer as he attempts to talk to the king, to his dad.

“Wonwoo stay there! Don’t come closer!” Seungcheol asked him to. He knows that he can’t control his body, he scared that the king will shoot him right away once Wonwoo comes.

“Well, well, I don’t have time to play with robot like you. There are two robots here, am I right? And Mingyu, the great young doctor is actually had done this kind of works twice in his life. You are so brave to disobey me and my rules. The one in purple hair is in the same state as my son right? Lucky, he is not from our town and he has no family so people won’t recognize him.”

Wonwoo widened his eyes and take a look at Jihoon. He is same with him? So Jihoon is actually made from someone that had died too? But Mingyu didn’t put any human emotion in him and just make him as a literal robot. Did Jihoon is a special person to Mingyu too until he tried to bring him back to life also?

“Then, choose one of them to be destroyed by me?” the king controlling Seungcheol’s body again. His right hand is holding a gun and aims it to Jihoon. And the gun on his left hand aimed to Wonwoo. “I personally want that copy of my son to be destroyed, I don’t want him to be your experiment like this. He had died. I must’ve burn him instead than allowed you to bury him. I believed you so much back then. So which one? Your brother’s precious or your nasty works of my son?”

Mingyu seems so bewildered as he thinks through what to do. Why just the king doesn’t say he wants to kill him instead than he has to choose between his robots. He can’t choose Jihoon, he is his brother’s precious, more than anything. He is his best friend since they were young. Seunghceol was so down for months when Jihoon died because of an accident. Then Mingyu made him, to get rid of his brother’s sorrow. But Seungcheol was too scared to linked again, he chose to let Jihoon lives with Mingyu instead of him. Jihoon is already with them since a long time ago. He is already like the one of their family.

But of course he can’t choose Wonwoo also. He is the one that so precious to him. He is his lover. He loves him with his whole body and soul. He may still lacks on everything than Jihoon but that’s what Mingyu wants. He wants Wonwoo to act like a normal human. He wants Wonwoo as Wonwoo before. Mingyu doesn’t want to lose him. He still wants to do everything to make him better. Wonwoo hasn’t remembered him. Mingyu wants the old Wonwoo back, Mingyu wants to hear Wonwoo say that he loves him again. Wonwoo has to remember him, because Mingyu desperately wants him back to his life. However, the king is right, he had done something awful to his son.

“Mingyu just choose me.” Jihoon says followed by Seungcheol widened his eyes.

“No! Don’t choose anyone Mingyu! Jihoon don’t you dare to sacrifice yourself!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter