Keep It as A Secret

Déjà Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month passed after the day Mingyu’s experiment to Wonwoo turns out well. Maybe Mingyu gets too excited, he locks himself in his workroom these days. Mingyu didn’t even once come upstairs to check Wonwoo or even say hi to him. Jihoon would bring him his meal to the workroom, he will go out from there just when he need bathroom. Even Wonwoo was in front of him but Mingyu was unwilling to stop to have a chat with him.

Wonwoo is now has emotion better than the first time he opened his eyes. It was fine before when Mingyu didn’t come to him for hours or when no one talked to him. But it gets too different now. A month without someone to talk to and, again, get accompanied by pile of books is worse. He will play with robots or goes to veranda to see the town. But it is getting more boring than anything. Wonwoo wants to go there, to the town. He wants to know what world really is. Once, he found Jihoon was walking home from the town, and he asked him why Jihoon can go there but he doesn’t. And Jihoon’s answer is only “because you are different.”

Wonwoo’s boredom is reaching its limit. He doesn’t want to read that déjà vu books anymore. He gets disappoint so often because of it. He wants someone to talk to, he wants play something or at least he wants someone beside him. Wonwoo gets up from the sofas and walks downstairs to go to Mingyu’s workroom. He doesn’t care anymore it may disturbs him or not.

--

“You can’t force yourself, just do it slowly.”

“I can’t help myself, I want it done quickly, I want to finish it as soon as I can!”

“You will make more mistakes when you are in a rush like this.”

“I won’t! Can you just cheer me up rather than nagging me like this? Give me support and help me.”

“How can I cheer you when I know it will turn out to be a total failure if this continues?”

“Why are you so even?”

“I’m a robot.”

Mingyu scratches the back of his head. And now stretch his body. Papers are spread randomly in front of him. His appearance is in a total mess. His hair is in chaos because he will scratch his head so hard when he found a mistake. But Mingyu really wants to finish it soon. He demands to. He can’t wait any longer for this.

“I really want to done this, Jihoon.” Mingyu speaks in his weak voice.

“You know it really is hard to do this, no one ever try this before, I know you want him, but I think it’s enough with the current him now.”

“No, he is still different. He still doesn’t know everything. He still doesn’t know the most important thing.” Mingyu whines.

“You know,” Jihoon approaches Mingyu “what will happen when you really do it right? And another problem is you really can’t allow him to go outside from this house even for one step. Or they’ll des—“

“They can’t and they will never!” Mingyu cuts Jihoon’s word with a scream, together with a knock sound on the workroom’s door.

“Mingyu are you there?”

The taller gets staggered to hear Wonwoo’s voice. He looks at Jihoon with a pale face as he scared that Wonwoo hear everything that he and Jihoon just talking about. He gets up from his seat and gets rid of his pale face. Wonwoo can’t come here yet, he can’t go in yet. There’s something that Wonwoo can’t know for now.

Mingyu slowly slides his hand to the door knob and opens it a little. Wonwoo is in the front of him with his usual state, “Do you need something?” Mingyu asks.

“Can I stay here today?” Wonwoo asks while playing his half-seen fingers because of his sleeves.

Mingyu widened his eyes. “No you can’t.” he rejects it right away.

“Why? I promise I won’t disturb you, I just want someone to accomp—“

“I told you, you can’t!” this is the second time that Mingyu cuts someone’s word with a scream. Wonwoo zips his mouth as soon as Mingyu yelled at him. His face shows that he is serious and he doesn’t even slides the door wider for an inch. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. “Can you just go and back to your bedroom? Or maybe go to my study room to read something? Or anything? Just go for now don’t come here again.”

Nor Mingyu and Wonwoo let out a word. Mingyu is still standing there holding the door opens as narrow as he can and waiting for Wonwoo to go. There’s no smile or a nice state on his eyes that means he is serious to ask Wonwoo go. And the shorter boy is only standing in front of him also. He is looking to the taller eyes in his poker-face. Then his right leg is slowly makes a step back.

“I’m sick of reading something that I already knew. I’m just lonely, what’s wrong with that.” their eyes still linked to, “I regret to have human emotion like this, I better be emotionless.” Then he completely turns back and walks back to upstairs.

Mingyu freezes between the door and the wall. He doesn’t expect to hear Wonwoo said that. He just can’t let Wonwoo in, he has to. There’s something that Wonwoo can’t know. Something that should be hidden and Mingyu will tell it when everything is done. The time when Wonwoo will understand everything, later.

Mingyu slams the door as he tries to release his anger. Wonwoo doesn’t know anything but why he acts all up like that. He scratches his head in frustrate and falls to his seat. He covers his face with his hand and keeps it like that for a moment. Mingyu can’t continue the papers in this state or he will make mistakes only. But who cares though when Wonwoo just say that kind of thing after all this tries and errors that Mingyu through? He knows he is wrong but it irritates him so much.

“Didn’t you just go over his limit?” Jihoon asks and stabs Mingyu right away with his question.

“As usual, your ability to read the situation is amazing. I’m proud of you, and myself.”

“Don’t twist the topic, doctor. Didn’t you?”

Mingyu sighs, Jihoon is a robot with high intelligence and power, he can read the situation well, he can know what Mingyu attempts to do and what Mingyu mistakes are. Same towards Wonwoo, as he now a robot with human emotion installed, Jihoon can understand what Wonwoo demands to.

“What do you see from us?” Mingyu asks to Jihoon.

“Your anxiety to the secret will be found and now I know you are regretting it to speak so rude like that.” Mingyu grins to hear that, “and Wonwoo is actually scared he will disturb us, but he couldn’t face his boredom anymore. He doesn’t lie, he just lonely. You haven’t met him for a month, of course he will feel that wound up.”

“There are many robots that he can play with.”

“They didn’t talk. Wonwoo is in need to talk with someone. You even didn’t allow me to go outside from this room except you ask me to buy something from the town.”

“Whatever, let’s just continue this.” Mingyu pretends to drowning back on his works.

“At least apologize to him first.”

“I will, after I finish this.”

Jihoon can’t force him more and he decides to just let Mingyu does what he wants. He turns back and starts to help Mingyu again. He sees on one of the CCTV screens. “Mingyu there’s a guest.”

“Just let them be, I don’t want to accept anyone for now.” Mingyu speaks without even glances to the screen.

Jihoon nods as he understand it, “But it’s—“ he stops his word by his own now, he turns to see Mingyu but of course Mingyu won’t notice it, “Wonwoo, just opened the door.”

Mingyu jumps from his seat and runs to the screens to make sure what just Jihoon said. A cursing word out from his lips to find that Jihoon didn’t lie. He frantically opens the door and runs upstairs hastily. He already told Wonwoo to not open the door randomly like that. Does Wonwoo forget or he just trying to disobey him? He is just so careless to acts like this and more, Mingyu gets so upset when he saw who the guest is.

“Wonwoo! You really Wonwoo? Do you remember me?”

“I, somehow know your voice.”

Mingyu can hear their faint talks. He finally reaches the front door. Mingyu can’t control himself anymore as he sees Wonwoo’s shoulders are in the guest’s grip. He pulls Wonwoo strongly and out of the blue slaps Wonwoo a little too hard.

“Mingyu!” Jihoon just saw it and runs to approach Wonwoo who is now sitting on the floor.

“You really did that?! Mingyu are you crazy?” the guest is now bombing Mingyu with his questions but yet he looks upset.

“It’s none of your business Seungcheol.” Mingyu prevents him to gets closer again to Wonwoo.

“Are you crazy, really?! Are you mad?! Mingyu you should stop this and just be a normal doctor or inventor like you used to be!” Seungcheol takes a glance to Jihoon and Wonwoo in the back. “You already made Jihoon right? And he is the standard level here, you can’t make something more or even way better than Jihoon. I know you still didn’t accept it, even now. But you can’t do this.”

Mingyu bites his lips as he just wants to shove something to Seungcheol’s mouth so he can stop talking, “I told you this is none of your business and, hyung, I won’t stop this. I really won’t.”

“You have to! You have to stop. You have to destroy him right now before they found—“

“They can’t and they won’t!! This house is far from the town and I managed to keep him for a month already. We are fine!”

“Mingyu they might kill you! I don’t want to lose my last family!!” Seungcheol screams louder than Mingyu.

None of them try to talk, even Jihoon. He just reading the situation but he can’t do something. Seungcheol is Mingyu’s older brother who works in the palace. He always asked Mingyu to follow his step but the younger never want to. He wants to be a doctor instead of working there. And he followed their parent path to be an inventor. Seungcheol just too scared that the king will kill his younger brother as the sold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter