What is in His Left Chest?

Déjà Vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The guy in coat lost for words to hear that. He stops his step and even his breath. His silence seems could stop the time too. They look to each other seeking for the answer or something to explain to, but it just too awkward. After he shakes his head a little, the tall guy back to walks and approach the latter. He stops right beside the bed. It looks like he arranging his words, he bites his lips, wanders his eyes, and clenches his fists.

"Never mind, I just did it after a long time, and I try the newest method, so it just normal to have some errors and mistakes." he tries to look into the latter's eyes after he said that. He slides his hand on the latter's face and feels the coldness on it. "At least you are awake, Wonwoo, I thought it will be a total fail."

"Wonwoo? Is it me?"

"Yeah, you really don't know me?"

"No, who are you?"

The taller clenches his fist again followed by tighten his jaw. He takes a breath and lets it out slowly, "I'm Mingyu. I'm a doctor, literally doctor, and making android or some mechanical things are my side-job."

"Android? Mechanical things? You said you try a new method on me, do you mean I'm an android? "

"You can say that, but as what I say before I try a new method on you."

"What is that?"
 

Mingyu slides his right hand to Wonwoo's cold chest, there's no heart beats of course. It’s just cold. "I try to put a human emotion on you. And I make you as smooth as I can, you didn't look like a robot at all. People might think you are a normal human."

"Human? Are you human?"

"Yes, I am."

"We are different? Android and human? What's the difference?"

Mingyu pulls back his hand, "It just, too different."

Wonwoo nods. He doesn't really understand everything but he barely ask. Is it because he is just a robot or he just too easy to accept everything? He doesn't plan to ask further and just nods as he understand.

Wonwoo once again looking around the room. White. There aren't many things here. It just a bed that he lied on in the corner of the room. An iron cases and some wood boxes. No window and one door only on his right side. But again, it's white. Somehow it makes his eyes hurt to see.

Mingyu walks to an iron case and takes something. Then he walks back to Wonwoo to hands it over. "Wear this, even you are just a robot but I don't want to see you in a total bare like this."

"What do you call this?" Wonwoo takes it and looking at it.

"Clothes."

"Ah so this is what clothes look like."

Mingyu surprised by the words that Wonwoo just said. He intensely looks at him. "So you actually remember something?" he asks.

" Remember what?" Wonwoo moves his stare from the clothes to Mingyu.

"Well you just said that this is what clothes look like?"

"Yeah? Somehow I know what clothes are but I don't know how its shape."

Wonwoo gets down from the bed. He finally stands by his own feet. It doesn't feel weird at all and as what Mingyu said, he made Wonwoo as smooth as he can. There's no mechanical sound when Wonwoo moved or clinking when Wonwoo stepped on the floor. He looks to his own hand, fingers and body. He examines it. Then he looks to Mingyu. They are just, same. Both of their hand and their body shaped similar.

"What I see is only the same shape of us. What so different between human and android?" Wonwoo bluntly asks. Even he actually doesn't want to ask it but he just curious. Mingyu said they are too different but what Wonwoo see, there's nothing.
 

Mingyu smiles, it's either a sweet smile yet hurtful. But Wonwoo doesn't notice it. It just a movement on one of your faces part, and it’s the first time he sees it. "You will understand later, Wonwoo. Later."

"Is it a smile?" Wonwoo doesn’t pay attention to Mingyu’s word before.

"Huh?" Mingyu raises his eyebrows.

"What you just did, this," Wonwoo touches Mingyu's lips with his finger, "curving this widely like that, is that what you called smile?"

Mingyu falls silent, he lets Wonwoo touch his lips and traces it to a smile line. Mingyu closes his eyes as he takes a soft breath. "Yes. Is it same goes with the clothes? You know it but don't know what exactly is?" Mingyu grabs Wonwoo's hand to release its touch on his lips.

"Yes, you are better with a smile."

Mingyu chuckles. He lowers his head as he squeezes Wonwoo's hand. Happiness can't be hidden from his face, he sure is happy to hear that. It's like you talk to a child who just know what world is, innocent and pure. They don't know nothing and searching for every answers. Mingyu once again locks his gaze to Wonwoo's eyes before he asks him once again to wear those clothes.

"I don't know how to." Wonwoo grabs a sweater and spreads it. "Help me?"

"Sure, it's not a new thing for me." Mingyu takes the sweater from the latter's hand and starts helping him to wear it. "I may upgrade you later, it seems just a minor error happened and not a fatal one."

"How do you know?"

"Because you know something but don't know what exactly it is."

"I don't get it." Wonwoo tilts his head.

"You will get it." Mingyu just finished to help Wonwoo wears his clothes. He asks Wonwoo to go outside the room and walking around his house.

Mingyu's house is incredibly enormous. The room before is actually on the underground, that's why there are no windows on the wall. And it just that room has strong white color. The entire house surprisingly looks so luxurious with glasses replacing the wall and leather sofas around. A soft black carpet spreads freely on the floor near every possible sofa areas.

Thrilling machines and inventions are around his house. From his kitchen appliances and cleaning robots. He has a robot puppy and kitten that like to playing around and help him too sometimes. The lamps are looks so nice with a futuristic yet still have lux vibes.

They walks upstair and entering a room. A bed room. It's not really different from the entire house. A big room with a king bed and a few furniture more. Navy blue is invading the wallpaper, bed covers and carpet. There's a door to go straight to veranda. Since Mingyu’s house is on the top of the hill near forest and a little far from the towns, it has such a nice view of town and forest. Wonwoo can't hold his curiousity and directly go to the veranda. He is amazed by the town circumstances and how cool it is. Tall towers and buildings stands strongly like it will touch the sky. And the town still surrounded by forest that makes it more great to see.

"Even though we had invent many technologies but this town is limiting its intensity. We still using some kind of old ones like the vehicles andmore. They just upgrade it a little, so the people in this town won't be too depend on it. It is a great rule, no matter how great technologies are, human can't depend too much on it." Mingyu tells it while sipping a glass of water. He is looking to the town too, enjoying its views.

"Mingyu, why you play around isn't now is the time for work?" A voice heard from their behind. Wonwoo turns his head and discovers a new person.

"Ah sorry, sorry, I don't think I can focus because I just get something fantastic, Jihoon! Look! He is awake! I did it." The taller guy pulls Wonwoo and presenting him to someone he called as Jihoon.

"Woah, great doctor. I let you for today because it must be a precious time to spent of." Jihoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter