Seven

Wagered Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Which of these things is sulfur?"

 

Wonwoo shrugged, eyeing the ten Petri dishes in front of him where the element samples were placed. It was just a review. The class isn't supposed to be taking basic chemistry, but for good measure, Mr. Jang, the teacher for the subject, made everyone identify elements. It was supposedly a bonus quiz for everyone, but no one is ready.

 

He isn't ready.

 

Wonwoo glanced at Jaera, who was sitting beside him quietly, before turning to his notes which were lacking. The game is to identify the substances by just looking at them or touching them if possible. Without the complete set of notes, he will not be able to identify which is which. If he had a weakness, it was science with the exception of math.

 

Wonwoo watched the girl whiz through the elements earlier, taking one dish at a time, spending less than five seconds to look before she sets it down to write on her answer sheet.

 

"Come on. You've always been the smart one. I asked you a question," he whined.

 

She eyed him with a tedious look about her face before standing up from her seat and walking towards Mr. Jang. He has always hated it whenever she looked at him that way, felt worse than when she is verbally abusing him. Those looks made him freeze from the inside out and she had the habit of dishing it out at the wrong time. It didn't belong to her usually bright face. Besides, he's only seen such expressions in her when she's too tired to even move.

 

Growing incrementally frustrated, he just gave up and watched as she spoke to the elderly man, glancing at him from time to time.

 

He frowned. Jaera already looked like an ice queen even when a smile lights up her face, but when she decides to dish out a formal look, it appeared menacing even to him. It doesn't help that she has developed a distant attitude towards everyone either.

 

At the end of the day, he failed the pop quiz and all because of Yoon Jaera who refused to help him out when she owed him at least that. So, it was to his satisfaction when she walked into the cafeteria the next day two classes before the lunch bell.

 

He had orchestrated the whole prank, passing a note which states that Jaera was wanted at the cafeteria to a prefect whom he bribed earlier in the day to carry out the task. All Wonwoo had to do was lie in wait for his victim who took the bait, hook, line and sinker.

 

When Jaera entered, she was not even able to take her second step into the room when ice cold water fell over her head, drenching her to the bone. Fine feathers followed the water, sticking to every inch of her head and shoulders, causing her to go in a fit of coughing.

 

As if seeing her get wet and looking like a wet chick was not enough satisfaction, Jaera froze on her spot upon seeing him perched on one of the tables with the evilest look he could manage. To him, the look on her face was just priceless.

 

Of course, he expected her to retaliate, probably run towards him in the speed of lightning whilst she screamed his name like a banshee, cursing him to the deepest pits of hell, but instead, she carefully brushed the feathers off her eyes, half coughing out some from .

 

Instead of seeing her shed tears caused by humiliation, she smirked at him and shook her head as if telling him, ‘Jeon Wonwoo, you’re a ing low person. You’re a disappointment even to yourself.’

 

After shaking off most of the feather from herself, Jaera her heels albeit stiffly due to the cold, but she still carried herself with so much grace that he found himself gritting his teeth despite the look of amusement on his face.

 

**

 

She sees blood, every little thing her eyes could see, covered with the thick crimson liquid, dripping, dribbling, and pooling on the floor which she was treading towards her destination. Jeon Wonwoo’s blood to be precise.

 

The illusion was broken and before Jaera knew it, she could feel pressure on her left shoulder. When she turned around, everything returned to normal, everything was in Technicolor and she is once more grounded, thanks to the serene yet confused look on Mingyu’s face.

 

His eyes rounded, eyeing her from head to foot. Instead of her uniform, Jaera was wearing gym shorts and the school’s designated P.E. shirt. He tilted his head to the side, noting her wet hair that clung to her face and the pieces of feathers which hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter