Chapter 2: Getting Ready

Falling in Love with a Nam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ooh Ooh Ooh… Oh pretty lady, you drive me crazy...” boomed my alarm clock.

 

“Well you’re the only one driving me crazy Eric Nam.” I muttered. I lazily got up and walked in front of my body mirror which stood in front of my bed. I started studying my reflection showing my messy, long and dyed brown hair, my slightly chubby cheeks stained with dried up tears, and my eyes that were clearly swollen and puffed up from last night’s crying session.

 

Aish! Why did I have to cry so much last night? Now everyone will think that I am still not over the rumors about Eric Nam dating! People will think that I am overreacting and will make fun of me...again. I thought. I ran my right hand through my tangled hair due to frustration and decided to wear my reading glasses throughout the school day so that my swollen eyes won’t clearly show. “Hopefully no one notices.” I sighed.

 

Half an hour later, I was already to leave for school until my mom stopped me at the front door.

 

“Ri Ah, honey! Aren’t you going to eat breakfast before you leave for school?” asked my mom in a worried tone.

 

“I’ll be fine, mom. I’m in a rush, so I’ll buy something along the way.” I answered ignoring her out the doorway. I strolled out of the house and began enjoying the fresh autumn air. It wasn’t really freezing cold yet, but was cold enough to see your breath as smoke. I continued to walk a couple of blocks and entered my favorite cafe called the “Have Some Love, Okay? Cafe” which I like to name the H.S.L.O. Cafe (Anyone get the reference even though I changed the meaning of HSLO?) instead. Once I entered the cafe, I was greeted with a warm, welcoming smile from my favorite waiter, Key.

 

“Oh annyeong, Key oppa! Can I have the usual please, but for take out?” I asked welcoming Key with my cute aegyo voice and sat on one of the stools by the counter.

 

“Of course, Ri Ah! Anything for my favorite customer.” winked Key. I slightly blushed and waited patiently for my drink. Minutes later, Key finally came back handing me my hot caramel macchiato. I slowly took a sip of my drink tasting the warm and sweet espresso flavor lingering in my mouth and said, ¨Mmm… Delicious lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter