The unbelievable truth, the unbearable pain..

The way we love..

Donghae's Pov:

I wasn't able to face her. Seeing her face made me relived the day which Hyukkie had coldly dumped my bleeding heart aside as if it's a disgusting piece of trash. All the hurtful words that came out of the mouth of the man whom i loved more than my life seems to be constantly replaying, like a broken recorder, in my mind. I tried my best to escape from them but i was caught by Minnie hyung's strong grip around my waist while my arms are being held down by Kyu. Despite all my struggling, screaming and sobbing, i was still dragged into the house that i was once so familiar with.

 

Nobody's Pov:

It took them almost an hour to calm down an emotionally unstable Donghae before forcing him to sit down on the couch. The only audible sound that can be heard at this point are the soft whimpers produced by Sungmin and the constant words of comfort given by Kyuhyun. Donghae remained silent while staring at his hands that are on his laps, too tired to fight back or escape anymore. As for Hyoyeon, she just kept staring at the letter that she's holding on while drowining in her own thoughts. All this went on for about 30 minutes before Hyoyeon finally decided to start her speech.

 

Hyoyeon's Pov:

"Hyuk oppa.. I'm sorry i can't keep up the promise i made to you because i believe that it will cause him more pain if he only gets to know the truth much later.. by himself. I know that you will not want to see him live a depressed life filled with regrets and sorrow. Hence, i made this decision for you. He deserve to know the truth.. He deserve a chance to make the choice.. and he definitely deserve to know.. how much you loved him. Please forgive me.." i thought while staring at the letter that I'm holding on.

Taking in a deep breath, i started my depressing speech.

"Donghae ssi.." i called out, trying to catch his attention. The only response he gave was a soft "hmm" without looking away from his hands. Although it wasn't the perfect response i wanted, at least i know that he is listening. Well.. i shouldn't expect too much from him i guess.. He is just too broken now..

"I-I'm.. I'm not his fiancée.." this definitely caught his attention since he suddenly snapped his head up in shock.

"W-what..?" he whispered.

It's finally time to drop the bomb i guess.. I'm sorry Donghae..

With a long and deep sigh, i stretched out my trembling hand to pass him the letter which I've been holding on to.

"This is his letter for you.." i murmured.

 

Donghae's Pov:

What is all this about?? S-she's not Hyukkie's fiancee?! What the hell is going on?!

With confusion and anxiousness running through my veins, i slowly took over the letter which she's holding on to. I can't help but notice the weird expressions and worried glances which all three of them are giving me as i opened the letter. The closer i get to read the letter, the more nervous and scared i get. Why does the feeling that something bad has happened to Hyukkie keeps coming back to me? With all the worries and nervousness, i started to read the letter.. the letter which changed my life and took my soul..

 


 To my dearest Hae,

 

By the time you read this letter, you must have found out the truth behind my disappearance. I'm truly sorry for all the pain i've brought to you and all the tears you've shed for me. Please don't cry for me anymore.. A beautiful angel like you should not shed tears.. you deserve happiness. I've always thought that i can be the one who will bring you such happiness.. But i can't.. because.. I've been summoned back to heaven earlier i guess?

Please do not blame Minnie hyung, Kyu nor Hyoyeon.. I'm the one who begged them to hide the truth from you.. I've made them promised me to never tell you nor give this letter to you unless you've noticed and asked.. which i think will be a few years after I'm gone..? hahas

Hae.. do you still remember how we met? You were a handsome angel who appeared in my life when i was about to drown in despair over the death of my parents. You were the one who pulled me out of all the pain and sorrow. Your smiles and laughter brightened each and every day of my life. Your love made me feel the warmth that i've lost with the death of my parents. You, Lee Donghae, were the reason i lived on. You are my oxygen, my nutrient, my everything..

But.. I'm sorry Hae.. I'm sorry that i will not be able to live with you till old age like what you've always dreamt of.. I'm sorry that i chose a painful method to leave you.. All i wanted was for you to treat me as a bastard, forget me and move on. I don't want you to see me slowly slipping away from you.. Neither do i want you to experience the death of someone you loved just like what i've experienced. I'm sorry i chose such a foolish way to protect you..

By now your feelings for me should have be gone i guess? But it's ok Hae, don't feel guilty nor sad. I'm happy that you've moved on because your happiness is the most important to me.

Thank you for appearing in my life.. Thank you for loving me and thank you for all the days you've stood by me.. You were the miracle of my life. It's finally my turn to be your guardian angel, my turn to protect you.

I love you Hae.. I seriously do.

 

With loves,

Your guardian angel, Hyukkie.

 


 

hmmm~ i guess this is kinda a short and dry chapter >< well mainly just about the letter.. hope it's not too bad~ will be ending in 1-2 chapters.

Please leave some comments! Thank you! :)