Gifts

Vampire in Love 2

Seo tugs Fany and Tae to the top of the landing, and then skips down the stairs. They look down into the living room. Hundreds of pink candles and rose-filled crystal bowls. Jessica, Sunny, Yuri, Soo, Yoong, Hyo, Nicole and Seo look up at her, all of them stunningly beautiful. Fany would love to disappear, but Tae leads her down to the living room where Sunny hugs Fany warmly.

 

Soo: Sorry about all this. We tried to rein Seo in because we know you don’t like birthday parties. But, she wouldn’t listen.

Sunny: Like that's even possible, she never listens. Happy birthday, Fany.

 

FLASH! Seo has snapped a picture of Fany with them.

 

Seo: Found it in your bag. Do you mind, Fany?

Fany: Go ahead, you can use it.

 

Yuri and Hyo moves to Tae's side. Yuri in the middle, Tae on the left, and Hyo on the right. Yuri nudges him.

 

Yuri: Dating an older woman. Hot.

 

Fany caught that. Tae and Hyo elbow him in the stomach sharply to shut up. Yuri looks at them confused.

 

Yuri: What?

Hyoyeon: Shut up, she heard you .

Yuri: Whatever.

 

Hyoyeon steps up and hands Fany a silver box.

 

Hyo: It's a necklace. Nicole picked it out because, well I don’t know nothing to get a girl. It from me and Nicole.

 

He walks away, bored. Fany has to smile. She sees Yoong across the room and they make eye contact. They wave to each other awkwardly.

 

Seo(aims the camera): Show me the love!

 

Tae pulls Fany into an embrace, they look deeply into one another's eyes. FLASH!

 

Seo: For your scrapbook. Now open your presents!

Fany: How did you know I have one, I just got this morning.

Seo: I saw your dad shopping at the mall, he looked confused what to get you. So, I helped him out.

Fany: Oh.

 

Seo drags Fany over to a table piled with elaborately wrapped gifts, a huge cake and a tall stack of china plates.

 

Fany: Seo, I’m pretty sure this cake can feed fifty, jeez.

Seo: Hope you're hungry. Here, this one's from Yuri and Jessica.

 

The others crowd around, Yoong somewhat moved away. Fany, no fan of being the center of attention, opens the gift to find an empty car-radio box.

 

Fany: Um... thanks?

Yuri: Already installed it in your truck.

Tae: Finally, a decent sound system in that piece of --

Fany: No hating on the truck. Thank you, Yuri.

Seo: Open mine.

 

Seo hands her a box. Fany starts to open it, but she had cut her finger with the paper.


TBC…..