Motorcycle Troubles

Vampire in Love 2

Siwon- You look scared.

Fany- I’m not.

 

She’s lying to him, she’s straddling the now completed motorcycle. Siwon stands next to her, holding the bike up. There’s an intimacy to their proximity. The bike is aimed down a dirt road where nobody is so she can practice without ending up in a car crash. Siwon runs through the instructions.

 

Siwon- Brake? (she taps it) Clutch? (she squeezes it) Right. Gas? (she grips it) You ready?

 

Tiffany nods and Siwon grins then kick starts the bike.

 

Siwon- Slowly... release the clutch.

 

She does and the bike moves forward an inch. Siwon cautiously steps back. She moves forward another inch then she hears something.

 

Taeyeon(O.S.)- Stop.

 

Tiffany turns to find the apparition of Taeyeon standing next to her. Her hand slips off the clutch, the bike bucks and falls on top of her. Siwon quickly lifts it off her as the apparition of Taeyeon disappears.

 

Siwon- You okay? Any bruises, any broken bones?

Fany- I’m going again.

SIwon- I’m not sure that’s a good…

 

Tiffany quickly rises and hops back on.

 

Siwon- I guess we’re going again. Now what are you going to do with the clutch?

Fany- Release it. Slowly.

 

He nods then kick-starts the bike again. She releases the clutch and moves forward. Slowly at first then Taeyeon reappears at her side, glowering. She keeps going a little faster, ignoring him. He appears on her left now and she passes him. He reappears ahead and she passes. She gathers speed, the wind making her hair fling back... and for a moment, experiences pure freedom, exhilaration then she sees Taeyeon standing at the curve in the road ahead, and then she realizes something.

 

Fany(yelling to Siwon)- I don’t -- how do I turn!?

Siwon- Bank it! Bank it!

Fany- What does that mean?

Siwon- HIT THE BRAKE!

 

He races toward her and she reaches the turn, doesn’t bank, goes straight and flies right into a wall of trees. As she lies on the ground dazed, Siwon hurries up.

 

Siwon- What, are you training for the Superbike Championship?

 

She sits up and looks around for Taeyeon. He’s gone.

 

Fany- I want to go again.

Siwon- Nope, forget it. I’m revoking your motorcycle privileges. Tiff, look at your head.

 

Blood drips down her forehead. He pulls off his shirt to mop it up. She shrinks away.

 

Fany- God, I’m sorry.

Siwon- You’re apologizing for bleeding?

Fany- It doesn’t... bother you?

SIwon- It’s just blood, Fany-ah.

 

He bends over her, carefully tending her head. She finds herself looking at him. His dark eyes, his bare chest and smooth skin. He glances at her.

 

Siwon- What are you staring at?

Fany- Just, I never realised you’re actually... good looking.

 

He’s surprised and there’s a moment between them. He smiles.

 

Siwon- How hard did you hit your head?

 

He offers her a hand and helps her up. She holds onto it, and doesn’t let go after realising something.

 

Fany- Siwon, you’re hot.

Siwon- Who knew I would upgraded from good looking?

Fany- No, temperature hot. You’re burning up(feeling his forehead).

Siwon- I feel fine Tiffany.

 

He takes her hand from his forehead. Holds it. She tries to pull it away.

 

Siwon- What? I can’t hold your hand?

Fany- It just... means something else to you than it does to me Siwon.

Siwon- One, that’s my problem. But two... we have fun, you think I’m hot--

Fany- Good looking.

Siwon-I know you like me.

Fany- More than anyone. But... that’s all.

Siwon- Because of Kim?

 

The name stings her and he takes both her hands now.

 

Siwon- Look, I know what he did to you. I can see it in your face every time his name comes up. But you need to know I would never, ever do that to you. I promise I will never hurt you. You can count on me.

Fany- I already do. You don’t know how much. You’re my best friend but... I don’t think my feelings will change.

 

He takes this in, it’s hard. A wave of something sweeps over him. He sits back. Closes his eyes, takes a breath.

 

Fany- I’m sorry. I should’ve said something right from the start--

Siwon- No. That’s not -- I just feel... weird.

Fany- I told you, you have a fever. Probably that flu everyone has.

Siwon- It doesn’t... feel like flu. I don’t know what it is.

 

Fany is concerned for him.