Epilogue (1/2)

Weird, Very Weird
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Yena!”

 

There the boy she waited for.

 

Yena had her arms crossed in front of her chest with lips pressed on, forming a thin line, “I thought we’re supposed to meet at ten.”

The tall boy clasped his hands together as he gave her a sheepish smile, “I’m so sorry, my mom asked me to buy some ingredients first.”

She sighed then got up from the bus stop’s seat she’s been sitting on for fifteen minutes while she waited for him, “I’m hungry.”

“I have a place in mind for lunch,” he extended his hand, gesturing her to place hers in his, “you don’t have any allergies, right?”

Yena shook her head and held her hand in his warm one as he led the way to the opposite direction from where he came, “Should we buy some hot drinks first? You’re freezing.”

“I’ll be alright,” she told him as her other hand rummaged through her shoulder bag, pulling out a hot pack and showed it to him, “I have this.”

Mingyu can only chuckle as he brought her hand he held on into his jacket, “You should’ve find a warm place to wait, school is starting in a week, right?”

The girl nodded as she looked anything around but him, her cheeks reddened at his caring words. Yena never had a boy courting her before, so it was something new to get complimented or to be cared for. The only boy who ever had said something like that was her brother, Myungho. And it’s because he’s her brother. It’s normal for him to care for his sister.

 

This was their third date in a month. The first one wasn’t that awkward like when they first talk to each other. Mingyu brought her to watch a horror movie. Yena wasn’t the scared type of girl when it comes to horror movie, the only problem for her when she watched those movies, she always fall asleep in the middle of the play.

And that was what happened on their first date.

Mingyu laughed along the way after they exited the theater, but stopped when she hit his arm in annoyance then saying sorry while ruffling her hair. Yena remembered precisely what he said after he was sorry for laughing at her.

 

“You’re cute when you’re sleeping.”

 

She just wanted to dig a hole on the ground and hide there for the rest of the day if she can. It was really embarrassing, but then again, Mingyu seems so eager to ask for a second date the next week.

 

Their second date was at an indoor amusement park, he said he needed a stress-reliever and there they were, trying every challenging ride to release the stress. Yena wasn’t really good at riding extreme rides; she can only watch him go on every rides happily before he finally offered her to ride something smoother.

 

Like a mini roller coaster.

 

Mingyu persuaded her with puppy eyes and adorable voice she never heard before. Like she said when they first met, he was weird. Yena never see or hear this side of Mingyu in the school, even when he was with Eunbi and Wonwoo.

She finally rode the mini roller coaster after so much persuasion from Mingyu, including agreeing to take a photo of him wearing the adorable hairpin he bought for her w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter