Final

Weird, Very Weird
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Yena!”

 

The very familiar voice called her name as the said girl stopped on her tracks and turned her head to the familiar face of a boy running towards the school’s gate. He then stopped in front of her while leaning on his knees, trying to catch his breath before looking up to her, “I’m so excited for this!”

 

“At least greet me a ‘good morning’ or something,” Yena snickered at her seatmate slash childhood friend, Choi Hansol. The boy only smiled widely as he nodded, “alright, good morning Seo Yena!”

 

“You’re really in a good mood today,” she muttered and twisted her own lips in annoyance.

 

“I don’t see why we can’t?” Hansol titled his head and raised an eyebrow at his friend’s antic. Yena tighten the black coat she wore today and hissed the coldness she felt on her lips.

 

“It’s freaking cold, and I can’t be happy because we’re going to be senior next semester.” This, earned the boy’s laughs as he clutched on his stomach to mock her. “Let’s get inside first, I’m freezing.”

 

The two of them headed inside as they passed by some seniors with their parents on the way to the school’s hall. “It feels like a neighborhood party, I think?” Hansol innocently said, earning a jab on the waist by the girl beside her.

 

“It’s a graduation, idiot.”

 

“Ah, I want to see senior Eunbi,” he pouted as he looked around the hallway, eyes searching for one particular beautiful senior.

 

Yena rolled her eyes quietly and kept on walking through the people while holding on Hansol’s coat, afraid that he will just go somewhere without her. Because he was very excited and can’t be controlled (or maybe should I said, he can’t be tamed?) if he saw senior Eunbi every time, everywhere, he would just go to her and tried any new aegyo he got to impress the pretty senior.

 

“We will see her later anyway,” Yena hissed and pulled her childhood friend with her as they entered the hall that already filled with students wearing the same school’s jacket as her and Hansol’s. The two of them hurriedly sat on the front row of the chairs the school prepared for the junior and also sophomores.

 

“It’s better to sit on the front row, so you can see senior Eunbi from here.”

 

“You’re indeed my friend,” Hansol whistled lowly and held his fist in front of her, which Yena put her small fist on his before they turned their attention somewhere else. Hansol was busy searching for his Venus while Yena busied herself with her phone, replying to her brother about her where about. Her brother, Myungho was one year above her, which meant he also attended his own graduation with their parents.

 

 

From: Myungho

Don’t forget to come home right away, young lady.

We’re going to have barbeque to celebrate.

 

A small smile formed on her lips as she typed in another message to her brother.

 

To: Myungho

Congratulations on graduating high school!

That sounds delicious, can I invite Hansol too?

 

From: Myungho

Thanks, dearest sister.

Sure, bring Hansol along! The more, the merrier!

See you later, sis.

 

 

Yena locked her phone right away when she heard the big wooden door being opened as the head master and the teachers started entering the hall. All the students, including the juniors and sophomores stood up immediately and waited until they sat on their respective seats before sitting down again to begin the ceremony.

Her side was nudged by the boy beside her as he leaned in to her ear, “I found Eunbi sunbae!” Hansol whispered excitedly as he smiled even wider at the sight of the pretty senior whom seated a few rows in front of them, giggling with the tall boy with raven hair beside her.

“I think you should just stop chasing after Eunbi sunbae, you might end up hurting,” Yena seriously thought Hansol would stop her liking on the prettiest senior in the whole school because she already dated Jeon Wonwoo. But hell, she was wrong.

“Wonwoo sunbae is her boyfriend, not her husband yet. So I can still chase after her.” He scrunched his nose in annoyance at the girl beside him before turning his attention to the couple again, at Kim Eunbi to be more exact. Yena sighed while crossing her arms over her chest as she shifted her attention to the head master whom just started his talking (that she thought it would take an hour, because he was so talkative) to all the students.

Yena yawned loudly, earning some attentions from the seniors in front of her also the juniors and sophomores at the back. One senior’s eyes whom sat on the row in front of her lingered on her for a while as the edge of his lips tugged upwards, forming a small grin. She recognized him, he was Kim Mingyu, the school’s former basketball team captain.

He was pretty much popular, everyone knew him. Kim Mingyu was handsome but he wasn’t that talkative. He was a mystery, which was what everyone said about him. No one really knew him nor did they see him talked to others besides his best friend, Jeon Wonwoo.

 

She encountered him twice in the whole two years. The first encounter was when Hansol pushed Yena with purpose to startle her, which ended up getting her bumped into the tall handsome senior whom became a pillow against the hard floor. She apologized several times out of embarrassment even though the tall boy said it was alright with him as long as she didn’t break his bones.

The second time she met Kim Mingyu was at the bus stop, with another embarrassing encounter. It was raining cats and dogs that day, and Yena didn’t even bring an umbrella because Hansol confidently said it wasn’t going to rain, according to the fortune teller show he watched the night before. The girl ran with all her might to the nearest bus stop with her one of her book covered her head because she didn’t brought jacket with her.

It was embarrassing to be told that her uniform was sticking onto her body, and Kim Mingyu was the one whom said it. Yena was lucky that there were only the two of them at the bus stop that day, or else it would be really humiliating for her. She didn’t even dare to make an eye contact with the tall boy beside her as she gripped on her books close to her body, covering her body as much as possible. “Wear that,” Yena clearly remembered his deep voice saying that as she felt a jacket wrapped around her shoulders. She only muttered a small ‘thanks’ before both of them boarded in the coming bus.

The girl actually haven’t give back his jacket from before, and she got it in her backpack right now. Yena didn’t know when should she gives the jacket, because she might get some ridiculous questions from Hansol regarding the jacket. She chewed on her lower lips as she watched Mingyu turned around again as he focused on the MC whom already started calling students’ names to go up and received their diploma. As expected, he didn’t talk to anyone.

 

“Don’t you think Eunbi sunbae is really pretty?” Yena swore she had been hearing the same sentences for the entire hour. She quietly rolled her eyes and hit Hansol’s thigh with her palm softly, careful enough not to gather any attention on them.

 

“I’m considering whether to take you to my house for barbeque or not after this.”

 

“All I have to do is just coming to your house. Your mom not going to say no to me after all,” he crossed his arms and smirked arrogantly, flipping his bangs in the process.

 

Yena clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes before she shifted her attention to the headmaster again as he finished his speech when he finally walked over to his seat on the very front row.

The geography teacher, Mr. Han started to call name of the students from the first class. Yena pressed her lips until it formed a thin line as she watched a few of seniors she knew started to go up. The girl wondered how her brother’s graduation would be. She would’ve sit on the parents’ row, along with her parents as the three of them watch Myungho get his diploma. If it’s not for Hansol, she wouldn’t be there, at their school, watching his big crush graduating, which Yena found ridiculous because Eunbi already had boyfriend and she won’t accept Hansol’s feelings anyway.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter