Battle Of Nerves

The Business of Love

All the investors at the Choi Interprises meeting were shocked to see the daughter of Park Myu Song.  The heir to this vast interprise, Choi Siwon, was especially shocked. 

"She looks nothing like the girl who accused me of trying to push her down the well.  This person can't be that same girl.  That girl was chubby, loud, careless,  and she was always eating something .. she was always eating corn!!" thought Siwon.

Bom takes her seat and the meeting begins.  Grandma Rin is telling everyone where there money has been going too and what the up coming projects are to be for the company.  Some of the investors are not please with how their money has been spent and they want Grandma Rin to back out on some of the projects the company intends to do. 

"Madame Choi, I have heard that the new airline in Busan is not doing as well as we had hoped for.  Not many people are traveling there and the money that I invested is just going to waste.  I invested in this company to make a profit, but all i'm getting is results of failure," says one of the investors.

While this is all going on, Bom is wondering why Siwon, who she thinks is a surpsrisingly handsome investor, is intently staring at her. 

"Why is he staring at me like that?  Do I have something on my face?" Bom wondered.

One by one, the investors agree to close the airline in Busan, all they need now is Park Bom's decision.

"Well Miss Park, what do you think?  Do you think we should close the airline in Busan or keep it?" asks Grandma Rin.

"I think we should close it, I don't see sufficient numbers and room for improvement.  Besides, the economy is not doing so well, and I think we shouldn't gamble large sums of money like this."

Siwon then tries to convince everyone that they are all making a big mistake.  He utilises his charms and persuasiveness to change everyone's minds. 

"Well, I see why you are next in line to be the CEO.  You have some good ideas as to why we shouldn't back out from this project," says another investor.

Just then, Bom finds out that the handsome man is not an investor, but the heir to the company.  She is utterly surprised because she remembers Siwon as the spoiled, rotten, brat who tried to kill her by trying to push her down a well.  Bom will never forget that summer at the Choi family ranch.  That was when her father had sent her and her sister to stay at the ranch for the summer while tests were being run to see if her mother was diagnosed with cancer.  He was the reason her favourite doll, given to her my her mother, was lost at the bottom of the well.  As she remembers this, Bom takes a great disliking to Siwon.  She hates him for trying to push her down a well, which caused her to accidentally throw her most precious doll in the bottomless pit.

"I think miss Park has a point though," says Mr.Oh, one of the investors.  "We can't afford to gamble that much money!"

"I highly doubt Miss Park is capable of making this decision.  She was sent here by her father because he is sick with a fever and I don't think shes graduated as a business major, I don't think shes even graduated yet or if she even goes to school." says Siwon.

Bom is shocked to hear what Siwon had just said.

"What a cocky, rude, arrogant, jerk! He thinks he's all that now does he!!!" thinks Bom.

"Don't worry Mr.Choi, I am just here to represent my father, I won't make his dicisions for him, so you don't have to worry.  And FYI, just because I do not major in business, it does not mean i'm incapable of making a decision on this matter.  Oh and yes I do go to school, I'm in my senior year for life sciences, so don't think that i'm some uneducated brat like you." says Bom coldly.

Grandma Rin is amused by Bom's feistiness and everyone is shocked to see how blunt and straight forward she is.  Siwon is equally shocked because she called him an uneducated brat.  No one has ever spoken to him like that.  Bom and Siwon are staring at each other, but this time it looks like they are about to go to war.  To finally break the ice, grandma Rin tells everyone that she will still go through with the project and that she will make Siwon personally manage it so that he can prove to them that he is right.  Siwon agrees to take charge of the project, but some investors are worried.

"I don't mean to be rude to you Siwon, but madame Choi your grandson is highly not the type to be responsible.  We know about his reputation and partying ways.  How can we entrust you with a big project like this Mr. Choi." says the investor.

"I promise I will do my best to make sure this company prospers.  I will manage this whole ordeal and double all your stocks profit." says Siwon.

"Huh!!  More like make everyone bankrupt." thinks Bom.

"We have not seen signs of responsibilities from you Mr. Choi, you don't even have a wife yet!" says Mr.Oh.

"Do not worry Mr.Oh, my grandson is very responsible.  Besides he already has a fiancee." says grandma Rin.

Everyone is surprised to hear this.  Siwon is greatly surprised to hear this and to see how his grandmother had just lied to everyone without even blinking one eye.

"I feel bad for the girl thats going to marry him, she'll have one heck of a life!!" says Bom under her breath.

Everyone hears this and Siwon is looking at her with anger and annoyance.  Everyone asks grandma Rin who this young lady is.

"Well you all know her.  You've already meet her." says Grandma Rin.

Everyone is curious as to who the girl is.  Siwon is especially curious as to who his grandmother is talking about. He would never lie about a matter like this.  How are they going to explain to everyone that he doesn't have a fiancee once they figure out grandma Rin is lying.  All the investors will think he's irresponsible for sure when this all blows up!!

"Well, if you all must know, ...  her name is Park Bom."