The Business Meeting

The Business of Love

Christmas and New Years had just passed, and it's time for the anual Choi Interprises board meeting.  Park Myu Song is a stock holder at the company and must attend this meeting, but he has come down with a terrible fever.  Instead, he decides to send his daughter Park Bom in his place.  He has seen how hard she has been working and soon enough she will be ready to take his place as CEO. 

"Bom, you must go to that meeting in my place.  It's time you start learning about our family assets," says Myu Song. 

"Yes appa, i'll go," replies Bom, but she does not want to go because there will be boring old people who will only talk about where their money has been going to.  Besides, Bom's has never been good at math and the last thing she would want to do is go to this meeting. 

While Bom is getting ready, Choi Siwon is also getting ready for his first day at the office.  Today he will be at the Choi Interprises board meeting learning all the ropes from Grandma Rin.

"Remember, you must use your abilities to charm everyone at this meeting," says Grandma Rin.  "Our company had to lay people off work and some of our investors are not happy with the progress of our new hotels." 

"Don't worry grandma, I can charm anyone with just one look," jokes Siwon. 

"This is not a laughing matter dear, we must make sure everyone in this meeting is happy or else your second cousin, Kwang Soo, could possibly do harm to your future at the company.  He has been working at the company for a year now and my spies have told me that he is planning something devious." 

"Grandma you have spies?!?! .. And don't worry, i'll do my very best!  Mama Hana, please get me my most expensive suit, I want to look my best for today." says Siwon.

"Right away my little boy!" says Mama Hana.

Siwon arrives at Choi headquarters, and like any other prince, he is greeted by everyone and bowed too. As he and grandma Rin head to the conference room, they are stopped by his shady of a cousin, Kwang Soo. 

"Good morning grandma, hello Siwon," says Kwang Soo.

"Morning Kwang Soo!" says Siwon with a heavenly smirk.

"I am madame Choi to you, Mr. Lee.  Please get out of our way, as you can see your cousin Siwon is here today to meet with all the investors."

Kwang Soo is stunned by the bluntness of Grandma Rin and leaves right away. 

"Serves him right for doing things behind my back," says Grandma Rin. 

Everyone in the conference room is arriving one by one. 

"Everyone is here except for Park Myu Song," says Grandma Rin.

"Isn't he the son of your deceased bestfriend grandma?" says Siwon.

"Yes he is my boy, you've meet him once when you were just a young boy.  He and your father were good friends, but after his wife died he became distant from everyone.  He has two daughters named Park Bae and Park Bom.  You've meet them a few times when you were young."

"I think I remember one of his daughters, she almost fell into the well at our ranch.  She told everyone that I pushed her, but I didn't at all!"

"Yes that was little Bommie.  I wonder how his daughters are doing.  Myu Song only comes to see me at these meetings, but he never comes to dinner when I invite him and his daughters to our home."

The meeting is about to start when there is a gentle knock at the door.  As the door opens, a gust of wind goes through the girl at the door, sweeping her long, lucious hair away from her face.  Her face is gorgeous in every way and she has a very distinct musical voice.  Siwon could not take his eyes away from this gorgeous creature.

"Hello, i'm sorry i'm late.  I'm here to take Park Myu Song's place in the meeting."

"What's your name dear, and what's your relation to Mr. Park? Are you his secretary?" says Grandma Rin.

"No madame, I am his daughter.  I am Park Bom."