Heart-shaped doll!

Out Of The Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
SUCHARAT HOUSE

 

 

“Hey!...” The Sucharat family exclaimed in surprise as Nam giggled her way to hug each of them in excitement.

“I’ve missed you guys so much…” Nam said with an ecstatic expression for finally seeing the people whom she calls her second family. She joined them at breakfast as she laughs, giggles,  and talks all the time but her eyes eventually chasing Aom’s as if she ‘s asking something.

“Nam, sweetheart we missed you too though we talks a lot on the phone, we are really grateful you’re here.”

“I’m sorry Mama for not visiting too soon; I guess my work somehow consumed me in a way.” She pouted her lips.

It’s okay honey, we understand. I’m still glad you’re here.” Arnold patted her back gently.

“Oh— you guys are totally making me cry.” She jokingly wiped her eyes and they laughed at her.

 

“Wait you know about the restaurant right? Aom took off that afternoon to meet you. You should have come at least.”

 

Nam immediately turned her gaze to Aom with eyes popped wider stretching her lips to force a smile as it reaches her tightened jaw. “I um…. Yes! I was with her Mama and I’m really sorry… I got caught up with my job that’s why I didn’t…” She answered after she swallowed the lump on .

“We invited your parents but I guess they were busy on that same day.” Arnold smiled at her.

“She was really busy that day, she came for business that's why she came all the way from Pattaya just to hand me reports.” Aom lied again smiling at them as convincingly as possible. Deep inside her inner thoughts she hates lying to her parents but she has to do it for the reason that still unclear to her. She looked like she was holding her breath eyes widened  as she gently sighed in relief when Nam got the cue.

 

“Yeah , she’s…right! I wanted to go but---“

“Work consumed you, right?” Linda cut her off and the couple laughs not noticing Nam and Aom’s uneasiness.

“Unfortunately Mama yes, since the manager left me with loads of work and I somehow regret for being her secretary.” Their eyes meet and were set in to a silent argument.

“Alright not-so-grown-up kids, we will leave you two because we have to prepare and race ourselves to the Sucharat restaurant, Aom honey we’ll see you both there even just an hour.” Arnold demanded.

Aom nodded in response and as soon as her parents gone out of the room she let out a long deep breath feeling the flutter of her stomach while she dragged Nam as they stamped their way up  the stairs, and went straight to her bed.

Nam folded her arms and raised one eyebrow. “So..What was that all about? Jees.. Aom you could have atleast texted me before you plan to----“

“I know, I’m sorry for involving you..I’m just really pre-occupied with a lot of things right now---“

“So who was with you then?”

“I…um…” Aom stared down struggling to find the right words to say. “I was with…”

“Boss, right? You know the four letter name of a person starting with a capital 'T' that you’re currently unable to utter? You were with Tina!” She teased.

“Nam you’re not helping.” Aom frowned.

“Okay… I’m your best friend for heaven’s sake not a mentalist so if you want me to help you out, you should tell me everything.”

“Remember when I said I have to figure out something for myself? Y—yes I was with her. Gosh! I’m so grateful you’re here because I really need to get this out off my chest.”

Nam sat up and snaps her fingers as if she figured something out. “The missing piece of the puzzle, hold still my dear, I will tell you something.” Aom moved closer to hear her best friends’ story as her curiosity filled both her mind and body.

 

 

FLASHBACK  

 

I was hurriedly working with the reports but I missed something Tina has requested from me but I can’t reach her phone so I decided to stamped my way up the stairs since I knew you were there at the first place having your dinner. I saw her walking evidently tipsy with one glass on her left hand and I stopped myself and thought it was a wrong time to be there. I saw her suddenly stopped and without warning she broke that glass with her barehands while looking at Mike and Aom hugged.

 

I stumbled my way back down quickly scared of what I have witnessed as her blood dripped down from her hand. I waited for  Aom but she was not alone when she came down she was with Mike who was assisting Tina. I saw Mike went out from her suite but not Aom. I went down to get something from the staff since I can’t sleep but then I saw Aom went out of the room at 3:15 am smiling like an idiot.

 

 

“Are you certain?” T—Tina did that to herself? I…I don’t understand----“

“You still don’t  get it don’t you? Tina’s jealous Aom, Tina’s jealous of Mike!”

Aom couldn’t believe what she was hearing but something inside her celebrated the idea. “Re—really?”

“You like Tina don’t you?” or you like Mike better?” Nam chuckles.

“I honestly don’t know—“

“You know what I think?.” Aom turned to face her. You already know but you’re just scared.” Deep down her heart Aom knew her best friend was right. “If for example you like Tina more…”

“That would make me a---“

“Shut it sissy I know what you’re thinking.” Nam holds Aom’s shoulders. “You’re not a lesbian, not even close. Why did you think you found her attractive in the first place for instance?”

“I....um…thought---“

 

“Exactly! You thought she was a guy right? I had the same intuition too. Her features, her height, her hair, her fashion choices, her smell, altogether it makes her the most handsome than the real guys out there.” Nam grins. “You know some lesbians like to wear shimmy-shimmy lip gloss, miniskirts, long high lightened hair and with sky-high stilettos? Tina is not definitely one of them.”

 

“That brat.” She pouted her lips as she recalled what happened.

“ Speaking of the brat, I saw these pictures this morning.” Nam showed her phone with Tina and Mean hugging but Aom ignored her.

“ Nam she—she’s courting me too. What should I do?”

“Simple, let your heart win, don’t settle for anything less.”

“Thanks Nam, I can’t do this alone really.” Nam hugged her and as the rolled out the bed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter