Chapter 3

Nooo!!

As soon as the family arrived at the Shin Residence, the 7 year old girl couldn’t stop gawking in awe-too amazed at how rich the family could be with the large swimming pool and green garden greeted her eyes. But it didn’t matter to her anymore as she was anticipating the older girl’s figure to appear in front of her, giving her a warm welcome hug just like how she had been craved for.

Mrs. Shin saw how happy Seolhyun was running around excitedly while waiting for the adults to catch up with her pace. She smiled. How this reminded her so much with the old little Hyejeong that always running to her and her husband whenever they came home from work.

As the trio stepped inside, they were greeted by butler Hyuk, granny Lee, followed by other maids. Usually all the workers got was just a nod from their employers, but now since there was Seolhyun the hyperactive kid, they stood still watching the new adorable girl she greeted them all with a slight bow and her sweet smile never left her face.

“So everyone, this is Seolhyun.. a new member of the Shin family. I hope you all will treat her well.” Mr. Shin declared with proudness was visible in his voice.

All the workers bowed simultaneously and let them walked ahead first before dismissing to go back to their own work.

“So Mrs. Shin..”

“Hey what did I tell you not to call me that?”

“I’m sorry... U-umma...”

This is seriously awkward.. it had been a long time I never said that word..’ The tanned little girl thought as she lowered her head in embarrassment.

“That’s okay.. I understand.. but I hope you will get yourself used to that Seolhyunie..” Mrs. Shin patted her head slowly. “So what was it that you wanted to talk about?”

“Ah.. it’s just that.. where is.. mm.. what is it her name again? Ah! Hyejeong unnie.. can I see her now? I want to see her so badly u-umma..” Her expression turned excited.

“Oh Dongdongie..-“

“Dongdongie?”

“Hahaha.. it’s Hyejeong’s little name.. you can call her that if you want.. haha” Mrs. Shin laughed as the picture of little Hyejeong sulking (because she felt irritated with the nickname her parents gave to her) passed through her mind.

Seolhyun was left clueless as Mrs. Shin happily laughed by herself.

U-umma?”

Realizing Seolhyun’s question was left unanswered, she calmed down herself and called for granny Lee.

“Oh I’m sorry Mrs. Shin but Hyejeong just went out to play in her friend’s house.”

“Is butler Hyuk with her now?”

The old lady nodded.

“Call them to go home now.”

Once again the old lady nodded and took her leave.

After talking to granny Lee, Mrs. Shin turned her attention back to the clueless girl. “So Seolhyunie, come follow umma.. I want to show you your new bedroom! And you’ll be sleeping next door to our Dongdongie’s room! So if it’s raining and there are thunders scaring you, you can ask for comfort to our Dongdongie! Or maybe anything that you need you can ask it to her..” Mrs. Shin happily told the reasons behind Seolhyun’s room being next door to Hyejeong’s. Well at first, she planned on making Seolhyun sleeps together in Hyejeong’s room.. but for having a short-tempered-yet-selfish daughter, she knew it very well how the latter would keep ranting and sulking- throwing tantrum on her the whole day. So she better not messing up with the little Shin (it’s Seolhyun’s nickname now though)

Seolhyun on the other hand smiled brightly, turning her eyes into a couple of crescent moon. She anticipated a lot her days with her new unnie ahead.

 

X

 

While the uncompleted family was having a lunch together, a maid approached Mrs. Shin to inform her that Hyejeong was finally home.

“Seolhyunie, she’s here! Don’t you want to welcome her?” Mrs. Shin eagerly informed the silent girl.

“Really?” Without giving her umma a chance to response, she dashed out already to the main hall of the mansion.

Hearing the ruckus her unnie made coming closer, she decided to surprise the latter by hiding behind a big potted-plant and give her a welcome hug.

 

It’s coming closer..

 

Closer..

 

In 3 she’s here..

 

1..

 

2..

 

3!

 

“BOO!”

Seeing someone jumped out in front of her face so sudden terrified Hyejeong to death, “AAAAAAHH!!”

Meanwhile Seolhyun happily giggled staring at the cute side of her new unnie. But suddenly she got startled by the sudden yell she got. “YAH! WHO ARE YOU?!!”

Her derp face she made while getting startled turned into a sweet smile with a pair of eyes smiling along. She closed the gap between them by putting her little arms around the taller girl’s waist and snuggled closer. How she missed hugging someone like that.

“I’m your new sister.. Shin Seolhyun.”

 

 

 


A/N: Hi.. It's me again <: it's nice reading all your comments, I appreciate it a lot! <3 btw here's the third chapter.. And guess what? I think I won't be able to update tomorrow and the day after tomorrow haha should finish these assignments first~ :P wasting no time, I'm out!