Introduction

Nooo!!

Hyejeong’s POV

It was dinner time, I know it but I was too lazy to go down to eat with empty chairs again. So I just called nanny Lee; my babysitter to just bring my food into my room. But as I was playing with my new given-toy called LEGO, nanny Lee knocked the door to my room and said that my parents were home. It wasn’t surprising though since they were always like this, appear whenever they wanted to-whenever they remember home or not. I neither care if they were home or not because everything was just the same, with or without them.

With boredom plastered on my face, I lazily walked down to the dining room and there I heard my parents were talking. No, I think I heard they were discussing something about me? Who cares.

As I make my presence visible to them, they finally stopped talking and greet me happily.

“Hey our cute Dongdongie! Come here we miss you dear!”

Okay to be honest I indeed missed them despite my disappointment towards them for kept leaving me alone like this!! But I wish they knew how I felt all this time.

“Hyejeongie.. umma and appa are sorry for leaving you again like this. Please forgive us, I know that you’re lonely but we’re working hard for your future honey.. you know we don’t want you to have a hard time on making money.. I want you to be-“

“Yes umma.. I understand. You’ve said this many times.” Without my knowing, I pouted reflecting my gloominess.

“Aw honey, don’t be sad..” My mom carried me as she began attacking my face with her kisses. How I missed this. As I observed my mom’s face closely, I saw how her skin had turned a little pale, 2 bags under her eyes, how her frown was so visible now; she’s growing older just same like my dad. I began being engulfed with guilt as I imagined them working hard just for me. I felt so many burdens right now.

“I love you umma.. I love you appa..”

“We love you too honey” I hugged my mom and my dad joined us.

It was a nice moment for me but then my father had to ruin it.

“Oh little Dongdongie, we have a good news for you- no I think it’s a surprise for you.”

Being curious, I eagerly asked, “What is it appa?”

“We will adopt a sibling for you!”

Sibling... SIBLING?! WHAT!?