Chapter 2

Nooo!!

Mr. and Mrs. Shin after persuading their daughter to go along with them to the orphanage, in the end it’s only both of them going as Hyejeong was still in her being-all-y-and-stubborn mood. Before arriving to the orphanage, they stopped by at a nearby toy shop to buy some toys for the kids there. How Mrs. Shin always got emotional every time she saw her daughter’s old favorite toys like LEGO which they always used to buy together for the new collections every time it got released for Hyejeong’s birthday. But now it had changed after they became more successful and Mr. Shin always got her daughter more new electronic-gaming gadgets that the price was twice more expensive than the old un-electronic ones. Hyejeong began spending more of her time alone with those gadgets in her room than spending time playing with the kids in their neighborhood. Which made her grow selfish because everything that her parents gave were all for her and also growing without any siblings didn’t teach her how to share things with others.

“Hey is everything alright honey?” Mr. Shin asked worriedly seeing her wife was lost in her thought while carrying one of the LEGO boxes.

“Nah I’m fine.. I just remembered about Dongdongie’s old toys.. before you started buying her gadgets”

“Aw come on honey, gadgets are cooler and now it’s the era where all gadgets even for the gaming ones booming..” (like PSP, Nintendo, XBOX, or Wii, etc idk if they’re included into gadget too or not lol pardon me)

“Let’s buy LEGO too for the kids and I want to buy one for Hyejeong too..” With sad smile plastered on her face, she placed the carton box she held earlier into the trolley.

“Okay honey I’ll tell the staff to get us more boxes.”

As they both were at the cashier already to pay for the toys, Mrs. Shin asked one of the staff to wrap the special LEGO she chose earlier with a birthday-pattern-theme wrappers as she wrote something onto a small note and gave it to the staff to be wrapped along with the box.

After that they continued their trip to the orphanage to find the one the best for their daughter.

 

X

 

Stepping into the orphanage, Mrs. Shin already felt the warm and humble atmosphere as one of the worker in that orphanage greeted them nicely.

“Welcome to Sunshine home sweet home! I’m Jimin!  I’m one of the people who is in charge of taking care of the kids here.. if needs anything, you can tell me..” With a warm smile the cheerful young lady greeted them.

“Aw thank you Jimin.. we actually want to adopt a child.. but can we visit the kids first?” Mrs. Shin asked politely.

“Oh adopting a child? Of course you can Mrs, ...?” hadn’t identified the new comers’ name, she politely asked.

“Oh we’re Shin.. Shin Hye Sung and Shin Woo Bin..”

“Alright Mr. and Mrs. Shin come and follow me.. I’ll show you around” before Jimin walked away, Mr. Shin stopped her. “But wait, we brought some toys for the kids in the car.. can I get a help?”

Hearing that the lady happily answered him, “Okay sir, I will tell my co-worker to help you with that, and thank you for your kindness for the kids..”

And the Shins separated; Mrs. Shin followed the lady while Mr. Shin walked back to his car to take the toys out with a guy named Manse.

As the lady called the kids to gather around, Mrs. Shin was observing the kids’ activities they did before Jimin called out dismissing their activities. There was a kid was coloring an animation figure shape, there were a bunch of boys were playing wars using the old shotgun toys.. Seeing them made Mrs. Shin think twice about adopting a brother for Hyejeong. ‘Woah are boys that naughty and harsh while playing or is it just me never saw how boys play? I think it’s better adopting Hyejeong a sister than a brother..’ after that she diverted her gaze to the bunch of girls playing.. there were a bunch were playing barbies and some stuff animals.. drawing a house.. playing cooking.. but there was a lonely girl that caught her eyes as she distanced herself from others. She looked sad and it’s been minutes since Mrs. Shin began observing her.. and all the little girl did was just staring at the sky through the glass window. She didn’t even care with her surrounding as she was unaware of her presence. She wondered there must be something awful happened in her past that made her became like this.

After Jimin had done distributing the toys to the kids, she approached Mrs. Shin to ask if she already find who’s the best for the family or not yet but then she noticed Mrs. Shin’s stare, and it’s like reading her mind, the lady explained a little about the little girl’s profile. “Her name is Kim Seolhyun ma’am.. She was brought here 2 years ago by her uncle because he couldn’t take care of her custody due to low financial since his wife had died in a heart cancer which had spent much on his money..”

“But where is her family?”

“All of them were involved in a car accident 3 years ago. On the way to the hospital, her parents couldn’t make it as they lost too much blood. But then she and her sister luckily were still alive even though they were in coma. But as time passed by, her sister couldn’t make it either as she; Kim Seolhyun herself had successfully survived from her coma. It added more depression in her life knowing that her sister also left her alone in this world. She was only 4 back then.”

“So she has been living here for 2 years?”

The young lady nodded agreeing.

While continuing her observation towards the little Seolhyun, Mr. Shin approached her asking rather she already found the best one or not.

“I want to adopt that little girl over there honey..” Mrs. Shin pointed out her index finger towards the still-oblivious-about-her-surrounding girl.

With a smile Mr. Shin spoke, “Let’s get her home then..”

 

X

 

On the way home, Mrs. Shin already could make the little girl less lonely by kept telling story about the Shin family- the family she would live with. And when it was about her soon-to-be-an-older sister, her eyes sparkled in glee. How happy she was to finally have an older sister again. Mrs. Shin told her everything about the details of her daughter. What she likes and what she hates. And knowing that the older girl was anticipating for her coming at home (Mrs. Shin lied to her) made her heart fluttered.  She couldn’t wait to arrive at her new home sooner.

 

 

 

 


A/N: Hello, my first note here ^^ btw I want to thank you all for those who have been reading, subscribed and upvoted this story.. I appreciate it a lot! And also it's just that, my school has been being so cruel since the start of this semester which has stolen my free time so much in writing this fic.. But I'm trying to update longer if I have the time (since I know 'that' feelings for craving more :P haha) Alright 안녕! <3