Chapter 1

Nooo!!

 Since then, tonight she couldn’t sleep well as her mind kept thinking about her parents’ plan.‘Like seriously? They want me to have a sibling? What for? I’m all fine by myself’ The now 9 year old ‘little’ Hyejeong kept shifting on her bed as her brain didn’t allow her to sleep. How this made her frustrated. Like REALLY frustrated.

She decided to kill her time by playing her new bought PSP. While dueling on Street Fighters, she was lost in it as her mind really couldn’t focus on it. For being a short tempered girl, she angrily threw her video games to her bedside. She’s done playing. And she’s blaming it on her parents for adding more burdens.

“URGH I’M DONE. I DON’T WANNA PLAY WITH YOU AGAIN. Trash.” Harshly she pulled the cover until it reached her neck and forcing herself to fall asleep after putting (throwing) the new PSP into the drawer in her nightstand beside her king sized bed.

 

X

 

The next morning Hyejeong grumpily walked down to have breakfast with her parents.

‘I don’t know what is it again that made them waking me up this early on my freaking weekends.. Could it be a vacation?’

Umma.. Appa.. Good morning..”

“You are here.. Come here and let’s have a breakfast first and after that we’re going to an orphanage.”

As Hyejeong was still in the half-conscious and half-unconscious mood, she absentmindedly replied “Okay.” Then they began to eat.

As the three were eating, Mrs. Shin couldn’t contain her excitement as her only daughter was ‘okay’ to go with them to the orphanage. ‘Maybe she has thought about it last night.. I’m happy she agrees to this.’  She thought.

“Dongdongie! What kind of sibling do you want to have?” Mrs. Shin exclaimed breaking the peaceful breakfast.

Hearing this, Hyejeong choked on her food. ‘A sibling? Wait.. What?’

Umma.. Appa.. Where did you say we are going to after this?”

With a questioning look her father answered her, “An orphanage?” Seeing her daughter wasn’t going to give a reply, he continued “I thought you heard it clearly.”

“So it wasn’t going on a vacation?” Sadly Hyejeong erased her daydream about her and her parents going to the beach or to the amusement park to have fun together. Spending time with her both busy parents was just a dream for her now since it was so hard to ‘buy’ their time.

Noticing the gloomy face, both parents were all washed by guilt once again how they realized they weren't being good parents for her. All this time all they could think was money with the excuse for her future when all Hyejeong wanted was only their presence by her side; watching her growing up, teaching her what is right and what is wrong.. So maybe adopting a sibling for Hyejeong could make her less lonely and sad. That was the best thing they could think for now.

“Hyejeongie..” Her mother called softly as she approached the latter to embrace her with so much warm like how mothers always do to comfort their children.

“But I don’t want any siblings umma.. I’m fine by myself!” Little Hyejeong stood up abruptly voicing out her thought. “And what do you think for adopting one? To make me happy? To make me less lonely? All I need is both of you! Why aren’t you both the one doing that for me? Why need anyone else?” With unbearable emotions that kept building up inside her, she hardly tried to control her mind so she wouldn't say something she would regret later just because got too carried away by her emotions.

“Hyejeongie.. I know.. and I’m sorry for that.. for being bad parents.. but please just this time let me give you happiness.. even though it’s not us who do that.. I just didn’t want to see you all alone again being sad because we couldn’t be there for you.. umma is sorry Hyejeongie..” After saying what purely from her heart Mrs. Shin cried silently as her husband began soothing her softly like he could feel what her wife felt.

Hyejeong on the other hand couldn’t say anything. She was angry but her mom’s words were just too deep to handle. The meaning behind it, she knew that her parents had their own purpose on making her happy again even though it’s not like what she wanted. The least thing she could do for now was agreeing to this. But for further, she would think more about this.

Had to agree with this, Hyejeong frustratedly groaned, “Just up to you umma. I’m done eating.” And then she left to her room.

At least the adults knew that their daughter finally agreed to this.