Chapter 6

Black Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhee walked to her classroom, feeling as confused as ever. The way they acted around her was suspicious, or was it all the time? She didn’t know them well. Well, how did you expect her to? She feared them, if that’s not obvious enough.

She wanted too, she really did. But the unsettling feeling in her guts told her to stay away, not to mention those weird incidents she experienced not a long time ago.

Then her thought drifted to the image where Suga scrunched his nose in disgust. She suddenly got embarrassed, she didn’t think farther of his reaction. Now that she remembered, she quickly smelled her uniform, then her hair, then her arm.

“It’s nothing disgusting, I smelled like apples.” Minhee frowned. She remembered that she used her perfume right before she went to school, just like usual.

“Does he detest apples?” She tilted her head, curious.

“Anyway, I shouldn’t think about this any further,” she said and knocked her classroom’s door.

She went in, then took out her math notebook. Her eyes went to the blackboard, she sure left out many explanations. Sighing, Minhee stared at her notebook. She once again smelled her uniform.

“I’m sure he detest apples”

***

“Minhee, let me borrow your chemistry notebook! I fell asleep in Mr. Hong’s class,” Jaehwa grinned sheepishly, swinging Minhee’s arm.

Minhee stared at her in disbelief. “How could you?” she said in an accusing tone.

“Well, my brother asked me to join him playing PES, if that’s what you’re asking about,” Jaehwa grinned.

Minhee shook her head in disapproval. “Okay, first thing, you shouldn’t even play that game, the second thing, you shouldn’t have to agree with his invitation!”

“You know my brother, once he gave you that eyes, you wouldn’t dare reject him!” Jaehwa whined, pouting.

Minhee went silent as the cold wind blew past her. “Well, I can relate. I wouldn’t dare reject him either”

“I know right?! Oh God, how I hate him and his adorable little eyes,” Jaehwa sighed, mourning over her little weakness.

Minhee laughed and patted her back. “Alright, alright” she then stopped before pulling out her chemistry notebook from her bag then gave it to Jaehwa. “Don’t forget to copy it”

Jaehwa’s eyes brightened and she nodded happily. “I will, thanks Minhee! You’re the best!” she sent her a flying kiss and ran out from the gates, not before giving her a little wave.

Minhee chuckled and waved back. She glanced around and saw a few students who were on their way stared at her. She looked down to her feet, suppressing a smile then walked ahead, heading to her bus station.

The cold breeze once again blew, it made her tightened her scarf that hung around her neck. Her ears started to hurt, they were freezing from the cold. She attempted to warm herself by rubbing her arms, it worked, for a little while.

“I want to go home,” she muttered, blowing hot air into her palms.

Students that went to the same direction as her chattered with their friends, leaving Minhee feeling alone all by herself. She pouted a bit, hoping Jaehwa’s house was in the same direction as hers.

At least, Minhee thought, looking around. Their warm breaths made me warm a bit. She stood awkwardly, rubbing her palms once a while. Since she got nothing to do and no one to talk to, she looked around, looking for something to catch her attention.

Her lips quivered as another wave of cold wind blew past her. Her situation was worsened because she didn’t have her lunch that afternoon, she spared her time to take some private lesson from Mr. Hong.

Minhee’s stomach growled a bit, earning a wince from her. She patted her stomach, hoping it would wait for another minutes until she arrived at home. Despite the crowd of students from her school, she noticed a boy from another school.

After examining the boy, she noticed he was wearing beige trousers. She couldn’t see the school’s emblem from his uniform though, since he wore a thick jacket over it. The boy moved his head, making Minhee quickly looked away. She didn’t want herself to be caught looking at some unknown boy.

After a few seconds, she peeked at the boy from the corner of her eyes. He was unmoving, still standing not far from the bus station. Another question popped in her head.

Why wouldn’t he wait here? Minhee tried to take a glimpse of the boy’s face, but his bangs covered his eyes, and his scarf hid half of his face. She knew she saw him somewher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter