Chapter 5

Black Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The strong wind blew, but it’s not the one that made her words jumbled. This time, it’s not the frost who bites. It’s them.

Well, their stares, to be exact.

Minhee could feel the sweat that kept forming since she saw them in her school ground.

I mean, what made them had to tour my school?! Minhee was in panic, no, it’s an understatement.

Her lips kept quivering, her fingertips were cold, she shivered a lot, her eyes wandered closely to see if she could find any distraction—better, a savior.

The boom of laughter caught her off-guard, she jumped. You wouldn’t know how scared she was, well, who wouldn’t if they met weirdos who almost kissed her—bit her, I mean, and with irises which suddenly changed color?

Well, she’s not some brave girls who are always ready to fend for themselves. She’s weak. She can’t even play badminton well.

She tuned out of her thoughts as her mind focused her on the boy who held his stomach, laughing the air out. For a second, she eyed the boy weirdly. But then she remembered, and quickly took a step back.

J-Hope—the one who emptied his lungs while laughing, finally took a sharp breath, still grinning. His other friend, Jimin, grinned from ear to ear. They sure thought something is funny.

Oh, how Minhee held herself for not asking that question to them. Well, it’s better than to risk her safety, she thought.

“You know,” the other boy—Jin, started. His eyes left J-Hope’s and turned to her.

Minhee couldn’t say his tone was sharp—it wasn’t, but it wasn’t cheery either. Her heart couldn’t take the nervousness she felt anymore, but until the group left her school ground, it has to bear with it.

“You shouldn’t be that nervous around us,” Jin completed his sentence. The boys stared at her, few with smiles—She’s talking about Jimin and J-Hope, and the rest with their usual stoic faces.

Somehow, Minhee could see a sprinkle of warmness in them, except in Taehyung. It was filled with what Minhee thought as amusement. It was evident, dancing in his eyes, despite his stoic face.

She blinked. Once. Twice.

“I-I’m not—“ she tried to deny, but it was to no avail, of course.

“Aw, come on. Explain us more about the school’s field. We heard it was huge,” J-Hope grinned and hugged her by her shoulders.

Minhee was forcefully being turned around and tugged forward. She couldn’t even protest and a bit overwhelmed. Well, isn’t it normal to feel flustered when a good-looking boy stood so close?

J-Hope’s nose flared as he smelled the scent. His pupils dilated and his body froze. It went cold, as something strange filled his stomach. It was something, something he called thirst.

“Keep the distance, young man,” Namjoon pulled J-Hope back.

His senses went back to normal, and he blinked. He just stood there, feeling weird.

“O..kay,” he murmured, tilting his head then shrugged it off.

Minhee couldn’t turn back and watched them because she suddenly was self-conscious. Forgetting the terrifying accidents, the boys were the good-looking guys that every girl adores! How could she forget that she once admired them too?

She awkwardly rubbed her neck and continued to walk forward, trying to hide her stutters when she explained to them about her school field as they walked to a certain direction.

***

“So, this is the dance studio?” Jimin asked, examining the white wall and the mirrors on it.

“Yes” Minhee answered, finally able to contain her nervousness.

“Not bad,” J-Hope rubbed his chin and nodded in approval.

Minhee just stood near the door, allowing the boys to enter the room. They quickly inspected the room, except for Suga, Taehyung, and Jungkook who already putted their bag down and stood in the middle of the room.

She wanted to ask them a question, but the nervousness wouldn’t let it out from . Just watching them like this felt like a small torture. She wanted to get to know them better, but on the other side, she remembered about the terrifying incidents.

She touched her lips, it’s a habit when she was nervous.

“What is it?”

Her head snapped up as she eyed the one who asked with eyes full of surprise.

“You wanted to ask us something? Then ask,” Suga eyed her with boredom.

Minhee looked down and once again touched her lips before looking up at them who already eyed her with their full attention.

“I.. I’m curious on your purpose to be here,” she finally asked, letting out a breath of relief in her mind.

Namjoon raised an eyebrow. “You don’t know?” See

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter