He's kind'a familiar and annoying.

The Depths of HIM

Chapter 3

Catherine's POV

Its lunch breakkkkkkkk!

Thank God its lunch break!

The 4 consecutive hours in that same classroom with the same pair of eyes on me was very, very scary? And intimidating? I checked on my schedule and hoped to see if there’s a change of classroom later…

“AHHHHH! THANK YOU!”

I half screamed and half shrieked in joy as I saw that in Music class I’d be in another classroom but, I hope I wouldn’t see him there. Its kind of, ahmm, his eyes, and the way he looks to me. I don’t know. He kind of gives me the vibes that we know each other from head to toe; in and out.

“Oh gosh. What am I even thinking?”

I talked to myself and shove a kimchi in my mouth. Hmmmm, I think he doesn’t sing. No, I think he isn’t the type to sing. He might be in the Dance department than in the Music class. I really do doubt he’ll sing-

“Catherine, kwaenchana?”

And here he is, cutting my thoughts, or should I say, cutting the conversation I was having with my own conscience?

“Ah, ne, chanyeol-ssi”

I thought he was just passing by, but I think he’s waiting for me to invite him in, and sit with me in the table which I’m the only one who looks so weird without having friends to sit with. Like who the hell would even have a friend in a blink of an eye. A girl from the USA that is a Korean, who barely speaks Korean, and will have someone to talk to in her first lunch? Well, maybe someone out there. But not me.

He’s still standing there with his tray in his hands, waiting for something, waiting for me to say something?

“Hey, aren’t you going to invite me in to sit with you and have lunch?”

Oh. Dammit Catherine, here you are again being dumb out of the  blue.

“Oh, yeah, yeah, sure.”

I said and he sat in the seat that is across me with the table between us. I watched him as he tore the chopsticks in to two. Then, his eyes met mine.

“I -ahem, why aren’t you with your friends? Do you like ditching your friends for some stranger?”

I asked him out of nowhere and finished my soda. His friends were trying to catch glimpses of us. Though I can’t really make out their faces or in other words; I can’t see their faces clearly, FYI there are too many of them. It’s kind of weird, I mean I don’t like people watching me like this, it’s just awkward. It’s like I’m an ALIEN! That is trying to conquer EARTH and EAT THEM ALL UP! Gosh.

He opened his bottled water and said...

“You’re not just some stranger or a stranger.”

What did he just say?

“Mwo? “

I said, trying to speak a little Hangul as I can.

“Huh’? Did I just say something? Ah, don’t mind me.”

He said and closed his bottled water.

What he said bugs me though. Hey, maybe he was mumbling to himself, you know? Just maybe my question just made him say those words. Am I over thinking, for the first time? Ha? Funny.

The bell ringed. It’s time for Music Class!

“Hey, I’m gonna go.”

I said as I stood up.

“Lets go, then.”

He said and stood.

“What do you mean, let’s go?”

I blurted out as I fished my bag and hung it up on my right shoulder.

“It means were classmates for Music, isn’t that great?”

What the hell did he just say? And what’s with that smile trying to show off his perfectly pearly white teeth?

“So we’re still classmates for Music class?”

“Well, obviously, yes.”

My Gosh. Like what the? I thought at least this class will be the zone I’ll be away with him.

Anyway the damns school uniform’s skirt is so short. And no, I’m not exaggerating. I’m telling the freaking truth, the skirts showing some of my skin. Nothing to be scared if the wind comes though, I got myself covered with little shorts I’m wearing. Gosh. It’s just, that thinking I’ll be wearing this for like 2 years? Yes, I’ll be taking my senior high in here. Or did I just completely fool myself? Didn’t I just put it very clearly on first class that me; my parents will be staying here for good? Aish!!! Now, I’m talking to myself?

“Yah, why do you keep on pulling your skirt?”

Good. Now, you got his attention?

“Ah, it’s too short, I guess.”

“Ah.”

Was all he could say and as we were heading to our classroom. He fished out a black long sleeve polo with an ‘EXO’ printed on it and gave it to me.

“What am I going to do with this?”

I asked because I was honestly puzzled.

“Well, you can borrow it.”

“I’m not freezing, if that’s your concern.”

“Now, you’re the one who’s funny.

And he laughed a little.

That laugh, the way he laughed it’s kind of somewhat familiar-

“I know your not freezing but I want you to wear it around your hips, you know you could use the sleeves of the polo and tie it around your hips I mean...”

He scratched the back of his head and blushed…..

Ah, really? Does he even have to describe for me what to do? Or did I look like I was totally blank? I guess I was. But why did he blush?  Whatever I’m just gonna do what he just said.

“Oh. Sorry, I mean I’m sorry because I was totally blank. And thank you.”

He looked at me like he was dumbfounded by what I just said.

“Yah, chanyeol-sshi. Are you okay?”

And he came back to his senses.

“Can you please stop calling me Chanyeol-ssi?”

“Ahh, waeyo?”

“Because I know I’m just a year older than you. You calling me like that make me feel like I’m so old. Your sixteen years old. So please call me Chanyeol.”

Ahmm, this is weird. Or he’s weird? First of all why did he know we were gonna be classmates for Music Class which some students in Class A are into some extra-curricular activities? Which I mean, they can just leave this subject for later like this afternoon and not specifically loathe your time in the morning? Yes, they can or I can fill this or decide if I can be vacant within the slot of my Music schedule and put it on the afternoon but most importantly how the hell did he know I am SIXTEEN YEARS OLD? Any students data in this University can only be known and be opened from your prof’s and you but how the hell- Did he perhaps hacked my account?

Ah, whatever. I’m gonna forget about it. Maybe I’m just getting TOO nervous with the subject I really love.

“Hey, here we are.”

We have arrived!

I seated at the corner with the windows by my wall.

“Can I sit beside you?”

“Ah. Su-sure.”

I think he’s getting the hang of being beside me-literally.

“Ah, Minseok! D.O yah!”

He shouted as two guys came in.

They took the seats beside chanyeol.

“Hey, aren’t you gonna introduce us to your beautiful lunch date earlier?”

Beautiful? Me? Is he blind? I’m not even wearing make-up like all the other girls here. But the other guy who has this cute gob-fish like eyes elbowed the other guy.

“Won’t you just introduce yourself rather her, Xiumin? She already introduced herself from the class on Literature. Oh, by the way I’m D.o Kyungsoo but you can call me D.o.,this guy here is Kim  Min Seok but we call him Xiumin.”

D.o and  Xiumin gave their hands and wants me to shake it.

“Sure, hello D.o., Xiumin”

I took D.o’s hand’s first, shook it and gave him my smile then, Xiumin’s.

“Ah, what’s with that smile? It looks so fake.”

Ah, really? From all of the people, he’d be the one to say that? I mean, I thought he’s nice. He even made me borrow his polo.

“Oh. Really? You find it fake? Well, let me tell you Mr. Park Chanyeol, I don’t care if you find it fake or ugly, it’s your damn opinion that I cannot change. I haven’t liked any bit of you tagging with me either.”

I stood and gave his polo to his face.

“Thank you for letting me borrow your polo.”

 I didn’t look back to see his reaction or D.o’s or Xiumin’s.

 I took the seat by the door.

(Hey Guy's totally edited this one I kind of mixed some names. ERGH, Right? So yeah please wait for updates!)