First Day and Her?

The Depths of HIM

Depths of Him

Chapter 2 (REVISED)

 

Chanyeol’s POV

Yah! Ears, what are you staring at?”

She turned around as I was too engrossed of the beautiful view beside me. Her.

“You.”

I answered boldly.

“Mwo? Is there some dirt on my face?”

She asked, startled by my answer, I just chuckled.

“Yah! What are you laughing at?! Ah! Jinjja!”

Too embarrassed she cupped her face and tried to take off the ‘dirt’ that she thinks there is. All the more reason for me to laugh that my stomach hurts. She turned around and hit my arms.

“Ah! Ah!”

I acted like I was badly hurt by her simultaneous pats but I still can’t  erase the smile that I have on my face.

“Yah! Do you think it’s funny!?”

She’s too cute right now being angry over a silly thing but, I don’t want her to not talk to me either over this silly thing.

“Everyday..”

I muttered and she stopped hitting my arms, her eyes met mine.

“Mianhe, your just so cute when you thought there was something on your face. I couldn’t stop but laugh, I’m really sorry.”

Consequently she hugged me and I also hugged her back though I never anticipated what she would say or do in the next few minutes..

“It was unfair.”

She breathed to my ear and bit it.

 

“What the hell!?”

I woke up wet. I never anticipated waking up wet… from a freaking cold water that Suho poured unto my face. I mean who the heck would anticipate waking up wet?!

“Well, did you know that I really did wake you up normally? See, you were sleeping earlier like a baby and I thought maybe, I need to ask the gang for some questions as to how will I wake up someone like you so, we ended up playing rock-paper-scissors and the winner got to have the say of how I will wake you up. So, what’s with the look, you’re giving me? Oh?”

This is Suho the one who bothers himself to barge into someone’s life, give some advices and help them out of their situations. Well, he literally helped me wake up. If he didn’t I would be late for the first day of class. Anyway, as I was telling you, he’s the motherly-like of the gang. He doesn’t want us to act immature, he wants us to act up in our age.

“And who the won the game?”

I straightened up and combed my wet hair with my hands.

“I promised not to say a name. So grab a towel, do your thing and will be waiting for you downstairs. Oh, and I almost forgot hurry up.”

Then he left.

“Ahhhh.. JINJJA!”

I shouted as soon as I got inside my bathroom. When Suho makes a promise, he will never break it and its freaking unfair! He won’t tell me who the person had a smart mind to pour cold water in my freaking face to wake me up, and its ing annoying.

.

.

.

“Hey, hurry and get over here.”

D.o called out to me from the kitchen.

“WAAAAAAAH! Kamsaahmnida Kyungsoo-ahh~!

He fixed me a breakfast plate. He’s the Chef in the group. He doesn’t like to hear someone who haven’t eaten any meal of the day, cos’ he worries so much about it that he scolds you while letting you eat what he cooked. I can say that cooking really is his forte’.

“Yeah, whatever. Eat it all up.”

When he says whatever, he meant your welcome so shut up and eat.

.

.

Few minutes have passed as I finished my meal and saw the gang in the living room, incomplete.

“Someone’s missing. Where’s Kai?”

I asked nobody in specific, grabbed my backpack and hung it on my shoulder, with my car keys on my right hand.

“He had a great conversation with his parents.”

Chen answered while trying to do some good hairstyle himself for his hair cos’ he bought like an old Chaplin’s black hat. He’s a nerd. He likes to do well in academics. When you’ll see him frowning that means he’s doing some thinking like why didn’t I get an A+ on this subject or lesson? He’s our academic-motherly person he’s so annoying to the extent that he has his cycle of

What’s your homework? Are you done with your homework?

And other annoying stuff that I believe will be the death of you. In other words, he’s the one who doesn’t shut his ing mouth.

 

Kai, whew well him on the other hand this morning, is not one of his great mornings. Nothing would be “good” in the “Good morning” for him right now. He’s gonna be chaperoned by his parents and be straight in the classroom.What happened to him that he deserved such courtesy from his parents? Oh, he just failed his parents BIG TIME by getting into the second section this junior year. He’s like me, he’s got a name to uphold. Yep, he was from the First Class or Section 1 with all of us 12 in it last year and now he went. ‘PLOP’ down. I’m not sad for him nor are the others cos, the gang have been cut down now in half because some are going to the Section 1 while the others goes to Section 2.

Oh, sorry the main topic here was Kai right? ‘nods’ So as I was saying, Kai loves dancing like sooo much and I’m a fan of him. BTW, a great fan of him. I guess, maybe that’s one of the main reasons he got to Section 2 cos’ he prioritized his dancing more or he prioritized more on the Arts Dept. than, with his academics. He’d be probably the earliest one of the gang to in school today.

“I guess we should treat him or something later, right? You know, maybe, fried chicken?”

Sehun said out of the blue while playing something on his phone.  The crybaby of the group spoke up. I know he’s down also with the thought of Kai this morning because they’re like the dance buddies. They kind of give more time with dancing sessions together or in front of us than having time with girls or books! Not that I prefer girls than books. You know? (Then smirks.) Oh well where was I?

“Maybe chicken will be good for Kai but I think Ms. Jung will be the better, right? Guys?”

Now, did you think that Tao busied himself over thinking that idea? Believe me, the answer is NO.

“Which Jung? The ice princess or the other kind of princess?”

Oh here’s Luhan the other flirt. I can’t believe their going after the siblings who are the only girls they can’t get their hands on. Why? Well I guess I don’t also know. My boys and those girls aren’t worlds apart it’s just that maybe-

“Oh shut up you two. Believe me you won’t get your hands on any of the sisters in a million years.”

Now here’s Kris entering the conversation.

“Oh said the one who can’t even get Jessica’s number!”

And now we all can’t stop but laugh except Kris.

“Yeah, yeah! I remembered the night when you tried to do your smooth talk to her , your right or left hand had a drink and, and then someone bumped you accidentally from the back then you spilled your drink to Jessica’s top and-and-and”

“Stop it, unicorn. It’s embarrassing, kay’?”

Kris just let Lay cut the topic off but believe me when I say that Lay and Tao has this goofiest laughs that no one can stop if someone insults them or told them to shut up in a harsh way. Our Kris here is what Lay just told you, what happened on the party, he’s the guy who looks cool with those cold eyes, stare but no one knows that when he wants to look cool the result will always be failure. Sometimes he slurps in his drink while trying to look cool, say something like,” Chicken’s not my style” then he eats Chicken and tells us that its delicious. He may look cold outside with his facial expressions but when you get to know this tall cold-faced guy? He’s one of the sweetest guy you’ll ever meet, he just doesn’t want to let anyone down.

“Yah! What you smiling at?”

“Huh? Me? Nothing. Let’s go guy’s. Will be late.”

I answered Lay and brushed off his question. What was I really smiling at? The thought of having your friends is like having a family that I never felt I have. Yeah, so damn cheesy right? That’s why I didn’t answer unicorn’s question. I thought everyone got in their cars already yet I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Hey, are you alright? What are you thinking deeply about? Did Yixing’s question bugged you?”

“Yea’ I’m fine Min Seok~ah. No. I’m just happy.”

“You’re always happy.”

I’m not always happy Baozi.

 

As we each, parked all our cars in our school’s parking lot. I can already hear our damn fan girls who just can’t stop shouting their loyalty to us, confessing their love, and telling us over and over again that we’re ing handsome. Damn, with these girls, I don’t know what’s with them.

“Guy’s lunch later okay? Tell me if there’s a new hot chick?”

Luhan said while trying to flash smiles to the girls by the lobby.

“HA’, like Chanyeol will tell you that.”

Xiumin said and smirked.

“Whatever baozi.”

Luhan said and sticked out his tongue.

“I can’t fish any hot chick for you bro, got to be loyal and obedient to my Taeyon. I wouldn’t want us to fight for stupid things.”

Baekhyun apologized with a serious face.

Yeah, that’s our Baekhyun. The only one in the group who have a girlfriend.

“Well, at least leave me some, Chanyeol.”

Luhan begged.

“Really Luhan? Do you hear yourself? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

Whoa, like… what did Luhan just say? I can’t stop laughing!

“Okay, stop it Chanyeol you’re so noisy.”

D.o trying to zip me up.

“HAHAHHA, look how D.o is so annoyed.”

Tao said trying to catch Kris’s attention and the gang.

“Whatever, your just being like this Tao because you want me to buy that cap you wants. And guess what? You’re not good at bribery.”

Kris said with his usual cold serious tone.

“HAHAAHAHAHAHA”

I and Lay just can’t stop laughing and poking our fingers on Tao’s face and sides.

“I guess that’s what you get on being away from us this year.”

Suho scolded Luhan out of nowhere.

Ahhh, here comes with Suho trying to be our Appa and Eomma.  Always reminding the others to do well in their grades. Last year we 12 got into Sec. A and now we’re rooms apart. Tao, Luhan, Sehun, Lay, Kai and Chen are in Sec. B. while, Kris, Baekhyun, Xiumin, Suho, D.o and me are in Class A.

I’m Park Chanyeol some or mostly people call me the chick magnet like here, with Luhan and Xiumin. I guess I’m just friendly? Sometimes they call me the Good Bad Boy and the Mr. Talented. They even tagged the ‘campus heartthrob’ to my name. But, Lay, Kris, and Kai? Their called the Cold and Hot guys.

I love spicy ddeokkbeokki. I love music. Though I’m not good at dancing, I’m trying at that zone in the moment. Why don’t I have a girlfriend already, like Baekhyun? Ha, I guess, I’m still waiting for someone to come. I don’t know if she’s still what I call mine, or AHHHHHHHHH! I don’t know!? I don’t know but, I’m still hoping for her. How old is she already? Is she as the same age as me? Or will I ever get to see her again?

As the gang went to half and had gone to their respected classrooms, I made it first in the classroom and then some followed. I sat at the last row of seats. I sat in the seat which I was most comfortable, by the window. Yes, I’m totally in a corner so there is no seat by my right, just the wall. But, there are still empty seats by my left. Usually each classroom consists only of 20-25 students. So, it’s not that crowded with how big and spacious the classroom here. It’s just great. My friends sat at the front seats while I at the back. I hurriedly pulled my earphones off as I saw our professor for our first subject but there’s someone tagging along at his back.

“Good Morning student’s I’m Professor Heechul, your first period with the subject of Literature. And will you help me welcome a new student here in our University and your new classmate, Miss Catherine Jang. Please introduce yourself...”

 

As I heard the name I straightened myself and eyes in front.

“Hello, I’m Catherine Jang, just recently moved in. So, please do take care of me.”

And she bowed, finishing her introduction.

Though I can’t stop staring at her.

“So, Miss Catherine are you moving here in Korea for good? With your parents?”

“Oh, yes and yes. Professor.”

“Hmmm.. where should I put you?”

And Prof’s eyes roamed the whole classroom and stayed on me.

“Will you take that seat beside Mr. Park Chanyeol, Miss Catherine? And please welcome your new classmate here Mr. Chanyeol.”

Consequently, she made herself way to me and sat beside me. I tried not looking at her anymore as she already took the seat. But, I just can’t stop looking at her.

Our eyes met.

“Oh. Is there something wrong with my face? Chanyeol-ssi?”

HAHA, Chanyeol-sshi? Really?

“Ah, no, I mean nothing’s wrong with your face.”

I said and shook my head and she smiled. She smiled, she ing smiled that made me smile too, that made my heart swell of happiness?

“You’re funny, you know that?”

Fate’s got to be crazy right now. That’s what you said to me also, the first time we met.