Gondola's fight

A trip to Venice

- Umm, uh..- I mumbled waking. I stretched and felt a pair of legs in the bed. - What the..?-
I looked to my left and saw Yesung who was still asleep, his legs tangled with mine. His left arm was around my waist, as if he was afraid I would leave him. I remembered the night before, and thanked the blackout for giving me the opportunity to sleep with him.
His sleepy face was so... so.. so y! I began to breathe in and out to calm down.. and also to lower my body temperature. I went back to lie down and look more closely at Yesung's face. I would have liked to wake up every day by his side.
- What are you looking at?- Yesung said in a low voice opening his eyes.
- Oh, um, I... Are you up since long?- I said, turning on my back and looking at the ceiling.
- No. Just since you started to gaze at me.- he answered, rubbing his eyes and stretching.
- It is not my fault if the view is good.-
Oh ! What did I just say?? I looked at him, his eyes wide open. - What.. What did you just said? -
Oh no, oh no. Now what could I say? "Hey, you're so cool that I can not help but look at you"? I was about to open my mouth and say something, anything, that could sidetrack him but fortunately my cell phone rang.
- Sorry, I have to answer.- I got up out of bed and went to mine to pick up the phone that was lying on the bedside table.
It had arrived a message from Sungmin. "I'm Sungmin, I got your number from Wookie. Did you like the "black-out"? I hope it was worth it because convincing the hotel to remove the light only in your room has been challenging and, above all, expensive. Later, I want the report word for word."
I opened my mouth. The blackout had been their hoax??? I had to strangle someone, immediately. Without looking towards Yesung, I wore a sweater and left the room, heading for the gym. I had an hour before going to breakfast, an hour in which I could vent all the tension built up so far on this trip. Luckily I did not meet anyone and I managed to get to the gym without any problem.

- So, how's the nausea? - Eunhyuk asked once I joined them at the table.
When I was back in the room, Yesung had already left. I had made a quick shower and dressed quickly and then immediately went out to join for breakfast. Yesung had sat between Sungmin and Ryeowook and had not raised his head when I arrived.
- It's fine, thanks.- I replied, taking the croissant and spreading the strawberry jam on it.
- And you immediately went to bed, Kyu?- Sungmin asked, addressing me an innocent smile.
Did i have to answer? I mean, I was not sure if he agreed with Yesung to make me mad, and, therefore, if he had told Yesung about the fake black-out, to take advantage of it and make fun of me. - Yup.-
Yesung coughed and Ryeowook gave him violently pats on the back. - Thanks for your help, Wookie.-
I had just taken the brioche when a hand squeezed my shoulder. - Kyuhyun, would you come and help me out?- I heard from the Diva.
I shuddered before answering. - I'm having breakfast.-
- Well, you could have begin it before. Oh it's true! How careless from me. You arrived late.-
- Annoying! You could just put me a leash, so I follow his schedules.- I muttered, hoping not to be heard.
- I thought about it but, unfortunately, professor Choi disagrees.- he replied pulling out a toothy grin.
I had no choice but to follow him. I did not know what he wanted to do but at least he would leave me alone for a few hours. Before leaving the room, I noticed the inquisitive eyes of Siwon and Kangin.
Instead of heading to the rooms or at the reception, he led me into a corridor quite dark. I began to worry when I saw him open a door and motioned me inside.
- I do not think it's a good idea.- I said looking at my back.
- Enter if you do not want me to send back home immediately.-
I went in without making a fuss; I wanted to stay here, even at the risk of being harassed by the professor. The room was dark and there was a musty smell. The Diva closed the door and the light. The room was not very large and contained a chair and a table in the right corner but, on the left wall, there were some arcades. I opened my mouth impressed and turned to the professor.
- But how.. Why..? - I could not formulate sentences because I was so excited.
- I noticed that you're a bit.. stressed out lately and I know that you like the games, so I asked the hotel manager if he knew a game room nearby. He told me that it was better if you remained in a place inside the building, so he showed me this room.- he replied, leaning against the wall.
- Thanks, it's really... -
Someone began knocking insistently on the door. And a few moments later, the owner of the fists began to speak.
- Kim Heechul, whatever you're doing to that boy, stop it now! , you're his teacher! - Siwon exclaimed angrily.
- Come on Heechul, I was joking. You can not harass our students; their parents trust us.- Kangin yelled.
- Aish babo! I didn't even touched him.- said the Diva opening the door and letting them enter.
The two teachers came to me and began to control every uncover surface of my body. Noticed that I had no strange sign or anything, they made me leave the room where there was waiting a person that I had waited so long.
- Hyung! - I yelled running to hug Leeteuk, my great childhood friend despite being two years older than me.
- Hey Kyu, are you that happy to see me?-
- Happy? They're driving me crazy! - I screamed continuing to hold him.
At that moment passed Yesung passed along with Sungmin and Wookie. When he saw us, he narrowed his eyes and pursed his lips without stopping to talk. Donghae and Eunhyuk joined us and were surprised when they saw Leeteuk.
- But, it's been three days now, you could have stayed at home.- Eunhyuk commented.
- And leave here my little friend? No.-
- But are you not busy with the Student Council? - Donghae remarked.
- My vice-president will get away with everythin alone.- Leeteuk replied quietly. - Now if you'll excuse me, I have to talk to Kyuhyun. I know that today is the day off so.. see you at dinner.- said my friend taking me by the elbow and leaving the hotel.
We did not talk much while touring around the neighborhood; we were too intent on looking the buildings, the canals and the shops. Venice it was really fantastic.
When we arrived in front of an ice cream shop, we took an ice cream and we went to sit on a bench overlooking a canal. A gondola passed and that went to add another charm to Venice: it was romantic. Very much. I sighed and that served to Leeteuk to begin the interrogation.
- Tell me Kyu, what happened? -
It was enough that one sentence to make me talk and tell everything, from the scenes in the room with Yesung to the crazy ideas of the EunHaeWookMin quartet. And the more I talked, the more it looked all crazy, like I was stucked with a bunch of crazy people. And I did not even omitted the scenes of Professor Heechul.
- And what is your conclusion?- he asked, smiling at me.
- That I am madly in love with Yesung and that I have to do something, otherwise those four madmen will continue to torture me.-
- All right, enough sense as a reasoning. And ... do you want me to give you a hand?-
- You do not even need to ask! -
- Aigoo, my baby is growing up fast! - Leeteuk yelled, mimicking the gesture of wiping a tear. - Let eomma Teukie think about everything. You just have to act.-
After that chat, we continued our walk until we returned to the hotel. Yesung was out of the building along with Wookie, Sungmin and the EunHae couple and when we approached them, I noticed that Yesung tightening his hands
- Hello guys.- said Leeteuk to everyone, but especially watching Yesung.
- Hey Leeteuk, you're finally here.- Ryeowook said approaching him.
- Look guys, I've come up with an idea.- we all turned to look at Leeteuk. - Since we are in Venice and until dinner we are free, why not take a ride on the gondola? -
- This seems a good idea.- Sungmin answered straight away, watching the others.
- Count us in.- replied Donghae taking the hand of Eunhyuk.
- Ok.- Yesung said, slightly irritated.
Without waiting for my answer, we headed for the closer gondolier. Leeteuk came up to me and, without being heard by the others, whispered something in my ear. I turned to look at him, suddenly frightened at what he had just told me. He had just ordered me to declare??
After approaching two gondoliers, Leeteuk asked them if we could take a ride - all in English - and how many gondolas were available. They said at the time there were only two gondolas and that, at most, on one could fit just four people. Leeteuk turned to us and, of course, formed the couples: the EunHae along with Sungmin and Ryeowook on one, me and Yesung on the other.
- And you, hyung? - Ryeowook asked, confused by the division.
- Oh, did not I say that I suffer from seasickness? - he commented putting a hand over his mouth.
It was a lie. He was not suffering from seasickness, I was absolutely certain. He was pretending just to leave me alone with Yesung. I glanced at Leeteuk one murderess look, hoping he would understand. But apparently he pretended not to see me.
The gondoliers told us to get on, warning us that the tour would last half an hour. Leeteuk said that was fine and then approached the gondolier who led the gondola in which was me and Yesung. He murmured something and by the confused look of the other, I understood that he was saying something about me and Yesung. The latter was not looking at me or Leeteuk, but looked to his right, toward the other boats.
In the middel of a crisis, the gondolas left. We weren't even five meters away that I received a message.
"I know it will seem a bit... sudden the thing but I think it's time you let him know how you feel. If not for him, do it for you. I told the gondolier to take a different path from the other, so you will not be interrupted by the other four. I know you can do it. Good luck!"
It was the first time that Leeteuk was behaving well, and that meant that he had take the issue by heart.
When I got to look in front of me, I saw that the gondola, arrived at a crossroads, had taken a different path from that of our friends.
- See you later! - Ryeowook screamed, greeting with his hand. The other three followed suit.
Yesung was unmoved, even though I noticed that he had stiffened. I wanted to talk to him, I had every intention but I was afraid. Afraid of how he could react, what he could have told me and to not being able to express myself well. I thought of what had our friends done - even if things were too extreme for my taste - and what Leeteuk did. What better way to pay them back then confessing to Yesung?
We spent half the trip in silence, wanting to avoid us and trying to enjoy the scenery but the more the time passed, the more I wanted to talk to him.
I was about to open my mouth when Yesung intervened. - You know, I know what you're trying to do.-
I looked at him confused. Honestly, I did not know what and who he was talking about. I was going to ask him but he interrupted me again. - I'm not blind. The behavior of Professor Kim, the arrangement of the seats at the table, the blackout ... everything to make me capitulate, right? You made a bet with someone and now you're looking at every way to make me fall at your feet, is not it? -
How on earth he had come to a conclusion like that?! And above all.. Why take it out now and not the times when we were alone in the room? Again, I tried to respond but he did not give me the time to speak.
- And then.. Stop being attached to Leeteuk; it's.. disturbing.-
This left me speechless. Was he annoyed that I was close to Leeteuk because he liked me and he was jealous... or because he liked Leeteuk? He left me speechless. I could not talk, now. I was angry. With me, for being a sissy and do not have the guts to tell him everything. With Leeteuk, because it was probably the crush of Yesung and.. that was not fine. With Yesung, because many times he had tried to get noticed by me but I did not know why.
I decided not to answer anything he had said. Believed in what he thought and liked those who wanted. I could not care less.
The last minutes of the trip neither me nor Yesung talked. We looked at the sides not to make eye contact or see with the corner of the eyes the other.
We arrived and paid the gondolier, getting out quickly from the gondola. Donghae and Eunhyuk came to talk to me but I avoided them; I was not in the mood. Leeteuk also tried to meet me but I avoided him, preferring to look towards the professor Heechul that was waiting the students outside the hotel. I stopped in front of him.
- Tonight I'm not having dinner. I'll be in the arcade room.- whispered without looking at him.
He mumbled something but I paid no attention to what he said. I walked away from him and went to the room that the Diva had shown me that morning.
"What a bore! Why nothing can go as I want for once?!? "I thought as I entered the room and immediately watched the game that would relax me: a war game.
I began to play and actuallyI released something with the video game. When I finished the third game, had passed just an hour, so now they were probably still dining. I was deciding whether to go in the room now or after dinner, when probably all would have been in their rooms, when the door was opened and Ryeowook entered.
He did not speak right away but stood in a corner and watched me play. His presence made me nervous and he probably had not come to talk to me in a peaceful way, because he was still and his arms were crossed. After five minutes he decided to speak.
- What happened?-
- Just ask Jongwoon. I'm done.- I replied without looking at him.
He came up to me and looked at the game. - He will not tell me anything. He's mad.- he said with the intent to make me turn. - I've never seen him like that.- added.
- None of my business.-
- Yes it is. Before going in the gondola, he was partially treatable. Since the arrival, he dan not open his mouth and seems to lightning with the look anyone that approach him.-
- ENOUGH!! Do you want to hear that I made him something that he did not want? Shall I tell you that I pissed him off? Well, sorry to destroy your expectations but it happens that, here, the only one who should be pissed and do the scene it's me! - I exploded leaving him puzzled. - I do not need words of comfort or anything else. Only not to see him for a while and not being asked about him, okay? -
Ryeowook did not say anything, he decided instead to leave me alone. And I tried again to break the tension but I could not. I kicked the game. I was angry again, so I decided to go for a walk outside the hotel, alone.
Siwon saw me from the dining room while I headed to the exit and immediately joined me.
- Kyuhyun, where are you going? You can not leave the hotel, especially alone.- he declared resting a hand on my shoulder.
I shook my shoulder. - Please, I have to get out of here.- I begged looking into his eyes.
He narrowed his eyes and looked at the sides before answering. - I let you out ... - I almost exulted - ... if you let me go with you. I'll be at a perfect distance for you to be alone and do what you want.-
I looked at him. Well, he would not have disturbed me and also he was enough decent, so he would not tell my business to none. - Okay.-
He smiled and told me to wait while he went to warn the teachers. He returned soon and we went out of the hotel.
We walked side by side but it did not bother me. He was silent and looked at the shop showcases, without opening his mouth. In the meantime I cooled down my anger and I cleared my thoughts.
There was not much to think about. The question was simple: either ignore the outburst of Yesung and declare myself, or put a lid on the chapter "Yesung" and start to look for a new interest. Both the two options frightened me, because it meant face Yesung and I did not feel ready.
I found a bench and sat down, gesturing for Siwon to sit. I had made up my mind and I knew it would be a hard thing to do but I had to force myself.
- You have to know that a few years ago I found myself in a situation similar to yours.- Siwon said, breaking the silence and still looking ahead. - I was your age and I really liked this girl and I was sure that she felt something for me, since she was sending many signals. My friends did everything to make us declare but neither of us took the initiative. After having started talking, we also started to fight, coming to stop speaking. Then she approached me one day and invited me to her birthday. When I arrived at her party.. a boy, for whom she had a weakness, declared and she accepted him.-
I looked at him. Apparently, my teacher knew as many things about me as my friends. Excluding the reason for the outburst of Yesung a few hours before. - And why are you telling me that? -
- Because recently I saw her again. She is married to the guy and are expecting a baby. When she told me, I realized that my crush on her was officially over and I had to move on, knowing that I had lost a great opportunity because now, if I had done things differently, that child would be my child and she would be my wife.- he said sighing.
- I would not want to be rude but .. What this has to do with me? -
- Much. If you really care about Jongwoon and feel that you would be lost without him.. Do not let it slip away because of a nonsense. Go and seduce him now to not regret your decisionsin the future.- he said and then got up and went back to the hotel, sure I was following him. And it was so.
The return was quieter, maybe because I was intent on thinking about what I would have done a little later and because Siwon was probably remembering the girl he had spoken about to me.
As we approached the hotel, my anxiety was increasing exponentially. Only when I saw Leeteuk out of the building allowed myself a relaxed sigh. Siwon greeted us and went in, leaving us alone. Leeteuk came over to me and wrapped me in a bear hug.
- Kyu, what have I done wrong??? - asked, hiding his head in my neck. His voice was trembling, as well as the body.
- You did not do anything. It's just... Yesung has misinterpreted our friendship and I thought, maybe, he likes you.- I replied returning the embrace. - Don't worry, if he even liked you, I want to declare.- I added, interrupting him before he would tell me anything.
He pulled away from me and looked at me with shining eyes. He sniffed and stretched the non-existent folds of my clothes and smiled, revealing dimples for which many girls - and boys - fell in love with. - Go and capture him, tiger! - he exclaimed.
I returned the smile and smacked him on the shoulder and walked straight to my goal, whom I knew, I would have found in the room, sitting on the bed.