Fault

12 Powers

And goodbye to our safe flight home. We had just being sent from the victims' part to the criminals' one, and no way to come back. It would have meant explaining the whole powers thing... and who the heck would believe such a story?

 

- Luhan, please hang the phone up. We've something to deal with...

- What?

- … Hang up. And look at that screen.

- … Oh . Suho-yah, I'll call you later, we've got a problem here... Bye!

 

Meanwhile, people was continuing to stare at us. Somebody was on the phone, probably calling the police.

 

- So what are we doing now, Lu?

- Well, I guess we'll have to slowly back away...

- Slowly back away? They'll catch us!

- No. It will be more obvious if we start to run. Now we'll pay for our food, and go away like we're not involved. We will walk faster when we're outside.

- … OK...

 

And that's what we did. It was quite scary, to be honest. I expected somebody to scream and jump at me every moment, but everything went good. We went outside and started to walk, careful enough, but also as fast as we could.

 

But our day wasn't going to go on so smoothly... Suddenly, a kid started to shout.

 

“Mommy! Mommy, look! They were on TV earlier! Are they famous? Can we take a picture?”

 

- And now we're done for. He pointed at us in the middle of the city, and there's a lot of people...

- Well, actually I am famous. Maybe he knows EXO...

- He said he saw us on TV, he's not a fan of yours, Luhan! Just stop with this whole “let's be calm” thing and understand that we have to go away as fast as we can!

- And what do you suggest to do? If we run away, people will not quietly let us go! They will chase after us!

- Yeah, so let's just stay here and not try to save our asses because people will try to catch us! What do you want to do, Luhan? If we stay here, those terrorists will catch us, and we will be killed or, worse, tortured! And even if we reach the train station, we can't take a single train because we are wanted in the whole country! We have to hide, first of all, and then find a way to reach Germany or wherever we'll be safe without being exposed! Don't you understand that?

- I understand and I knew it from the beginning. I just didn't want to make you worry. It's easier to deal with a calm person. We would have escaped more easily.

- No, we would have died. Thanks for the concern, but from now on try to not...

 

I was interrupted by a shooting sound, and a bullet almost hitting my shoulder. They had found us.

 

- Run! Don't think of anything and run, 30042!

- Finally!

 

We used all the strenght we had to escape through narrow roads, big parks, bridges, everything that could bring us far away, but they were always after us. It seemed there was no way to let them behind... Why did I become an harmless human?

 

Then I remembered: I wasn't completely harmless...

 

- Luhan, is your power strong enough to move trees?

- What...? Yes, I can do it without any problems, but why?

- Because humans need machines to move trees! Go in that park and help me create a shelter. Use all the trees you can, we will build a fortress directly above our heads!

- This is crazy! We will never make it in time!

- Wanna do a bet? Go ahead, I'll be right there in a second.

 

I stopped, turned around and waited for the terrorists to approach. I knew I was doing something crazy, and I knew I only had one shot. I let them come closer and closer, patiently waiting for the right moment. Then... When they were close enough, I shooted the most powerful blast wave I could create, sending them a thousand metres away. Well, maybe two thousand metres... I didn't know I was so powerful.

 

Then I turned around again, to see Luhan right behind me, smiling. And that's why my force seemed to be double: I actually didn't shoot alone.

 

We started to run again, towards the woods, and we were about to begin moving the trees, when a deep, calm voice behind our backs made us jump with fear.

 

- Yo! Do you need a hand, guys?

- … Kris?? What are you doing here?

- Hello to you too, Luhan... How are you? You look tired! Oh, and nice to meet you, 30042, I'm Wu Yi Fan, but you can call me Kris like everybody does!

- Uhm... Hello, nice to meet you. Sorry if I'm rude, but... How did you find us?

- I didn't find you. I was here by chance when I saw the news on TV, and I decided to look for you two. I can bring you back to Korea in no time, you know, and we will solve lots of problems...

- No way! I'm not gonna go that high and without safety measures, too!

- Luhan, I'd like you to notice that we are in danger...

- 30042, I'd like you to know that I'm afraid of high places and I'm not able to win that fear.

- Yeah but, Lu, we have to go away from here, and we have to do it very fast!

- Kris, since when you can carry two people?

- I can't, of course! Wait... Don't tell me...?

- Yes, Kris. I'm sorry. I can't fly. I didn't take that power back...

- Then, why is my power so stable again?

- That's probably because you're next to her. My power is perfect again, too.

- … I see. So, what are we gonna do?

- ….

 

Another shooting sound. This time, the bullet hit a tree.

 

- For now, I guess we'll have to fight. Cover each other's backs, let's form a triangle.

- No. I have a better idea. Kris, please take her with you in Korea. I'll manage to come there somehow.

- Luhan, are you crazy? You can't win a battle against all these people, alone!

- Don't worry, 30042. Didn't I send them a mile away, a few minutes ago?

- But...

- Ok, we have no time. Come, Luhan's right. You're our priority now...

 

He grabbed me from behind, starting to float. It was a strange sensation, being lifted from the ground and not being the one who's flying... But I didn't have the time to think about it: I needed to watch how the fight was going... and it wasn't going well.

Luhan could'n manage to throw all of them away: there were double the number from before, and they were all carrying guns, so he was having a bad time deviating the bullets and keeping the assaulters away... Until the assaulters saw me and Kris.

When they noticed their prey wasn't down on Earth, but up in the sky, they started to aim at us, and for me too, it was difficult to escape from all the bullets. They kept on shooting more and more, and Luhan couldn't do anything, because a group of soldiers was stopping him from helping us. We had to deal with that on our own, and I was praying that the three of us would manage to survive...

 

Suddenly, I heard a bang from up my head. They were attacking from the sky! How was I supposed to fight against two different groups? I couldn't keep the pace for long. If I threw away the bullets coming from the ground, Kris had to do crazy slaloms, and vice versa. After five minutes, we were both exhausted, and we didn't even go a hundred metres away.

 

Then, the worst nightmare became real. Kris was shot in the back, and began to fall. Luhan was completely surrounded, and near to be shot too. I was going to hit the ground in a matter of seconds, amd I couldn't help any of them.

 

A terrible, uncontrollable rage started to grow in my chest. That wasn't the end, I didn't want it to be the end. And I didn't want Kris and Luhan to die... To die for me. It didn't matter if I was putting my life in danger: I had to save them both.

 

I turned my body in a comfortable position. I opened my eyes, shut because of the fear. And I simply did what I needed: I started to fly. I knew how to do it, and the power naturally came to me. Then I tried with fire. Nothing. Water. Nothing. No other power was going to help me... But flight and telekinesis were enough for now. I took two branches and, flying next to the ground, I hit as many soldiers as I could. I stood on my feet and threw them away, so far away that they couldn't be seen. I was starting to understand why I was considered kind of a goddess, but that wasn't the time to think. I saw Luhan rushing towards a bunch of soldiers, who was running towards a car. And they were carrying Kris, who had probably fainted baceuse of the pain, or the fall. I took off and flew as fast as I could, but the car started to move, and I was too weak and tired to chase it. Moreover, I coudn't run after it even if I had the strenght: it surely was a trap, and soldiers were hiding somewhere, waiting for me.

 

I landed next to Luhan. I bet he was on the verge of tears, just like me.

 

- It's my fault.- We said, at the same time.