Re-building a puzzle

12 Powers

-.......................Run! RUN!

I felt somebody grabbing my wrist and dragging me. The ropes that were tying me were gone. Unconsciously, I began to run, as fast as I could, while dealing with my thoughts, overflowing in my head.

The doctor, who was standing in front of me a while ago, was now dead, covered with his own blood going out his head. Did I kill him? Was me to be the murderer? And how did I? I couldn't use my powers anymore, there was no way I could: I had tried every possible thing to be able to. But still I couldn't understand how did the knife fly away, if I didn't throw it. And there was no doubt the knife was the one the doctor was holding... What the hell had happened? And how was I supposed to live if the fault of the death was mine? And... who is the guy who told me to run and is dragging me? And where to?

I didn't have the time to look at the face of the guy, who meanwhile had gone outside the place I was beilg held captive, and had hidden between some buildings a few hundred metres away, because he stopped and told me we were safe now. His voice was somehow known, my brain recognised it, but it was too strange, it couldn't be real. No way an idol would be in a prison and would have saved me.

But. When I lifted my face he was there. No possibility to be wrong. EXO Luhan was standing in front of me, panting, and smiling at me.

- Wew, thank God we managed to escape! And wow, I couldn't believe what you did to the doctor! You have always been such a sweet girl... Killing someone with that coldness! No wonder you master all twelve powers!

- No no no wait a second... Did I kill him? That's impossible! I can't use the powers anymore... And how do you know about me and my powers? And why are you here!?

- Hey hey hey slow down! Too many questions at once! I know about you and your powers because everybody with this powers knows about the others, we are a few people around the world,...

- I didn't know about your powers.

- You don't know EXO?

- I know EXO, but I didn't know your powers are real! I mean, you show them publicly! I've always been told to hide! So I thought that your powers were fake, something for the popularity's sake...

- You don't know about other people like you?

- Nope.

- Wait, how old are you?

- Seventeen.

- I see, you were seventeen, this explains a lot...

- I was seventeen? What do you mean?

- Ahhh, wait! I still have to answer to your previous questions!

- I'm not understanding anything...

- Give me the time to explain and maybe we will both understand something more... I am here because I wanted to save you. You are the only human being who can use all twelve of our powers. There is someone who can use one, someone else who uses one or three, but you are the only one who masters twelve of them. You are like a catalyst. If something happens to you, everybody with powers has problems. Our powers became instable, dangerous. We lose control of them, and our lifes and others' are at risk. You should know about this. Everybody is told about the whole story when we turn eighteen, but you have been caught and hybernated, and you powers have been blocked. This happened two years ago. You now are nineteen, and you have been woken up because some scientists wanted to experiment on you in order to make a weapon with your powers. We EXO live all together because it's easier to protect each other, but since you were gone three of us left the group because they were too dangerous to be around. It was Tao, Kris and me. We all looked for you, and I infiltrated the structure as a volunteer. I agreed to help them with experiments, and little by little I conquered their trust. Today was the first day I saw you, and I would never have thought we could escape so early. I was really prepared to fight for our freedom, but you still have control on your powers, and nobody knew it, so you surprised everyone with your move of killing the doctor...

- You didn't throw the knife with your own power?

- No, I couldn't. It was too dangerous, they could have discovered my double playing.

I sat on the floor and began to cry. So, in the end I was the culprit. Me and no one else.