004

「 WE WERE ENEMIES 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

BRIANNE

 

10 minutes is actually very fast.
But if you are waiting for someone you dislike, it is pretty long.
I was about to leave when I hear the sound of the doors of the elevator opening.
The feet sticks out first, and I don't need to see the rest to know that it's him.

He is carrying a plastic bag. I thought it might be instant noodles again but it seems like the shape of cans.

Is that...beer?


He sees me.
His face turns into a scowl.
"What are you doing?" He questioned as he sees me standing outside his apartment with his furniture beside of me.
"Well, I took care of your belongings." I say and I'm getting ready to leave, "Next time when you order something, make sure that you are at home." Or else you are gonna make others' lives difficult, I almost added.
I'm already at my door and I'm about to twist the doorknob when he spoke.
"Did I ever ask you to take care of it?"
I groaned. What's up with this man? Can't he just say thank you and leave it? Legit, he is always picking up a fight.
"You didn't, " I answered, "But I can't just tell those deliverymen to leave and I go back to my apartment because if your things go missing, they would be the one responsible. Whose fault would that be?"
"It's none of your business." He said sternly. He looks pissed at me right now. Actually, he looks pissed all the time.

What have I done wrong this time?
"Yes," I agreed, "But look, those poor deliverymen can't leave until you come back. Are you telling me you don't care about them? Because if you don't, I do."
"No, I don't, " He said coldly.

Yes, obviously he doesn't.

But the fact that he admitted it so bluntly makes me surprised.

So honest yet so dishonest at the same time.

Unpredictable.

I'm tired. It's almost 6.30pm and I'm arguing with the last person I would want to argue with.

"Okay okay," I breathed, "Just bring your stuff and go in."

"Mind your own business next time," He said before picking up the plastic bag and opening his door.

I thought I would boil and scold him back but surprisingly, I didn't. Maybe due to the fact that he sounded as tired as I was. Tired of arguing.

 

I look at his bed frame and mattress and I don't know how in the world is he going to carry it into his apartment. You would need at least two people.

 

I'm not strong, but I can help.

But considering the fact that he is going to scold me again and will probably sue me for invading his personal space, I decided not to.

 

I twist the doorknob and lock the door behind me.

15 minutes passed and I'm curious how he is going to bring his bed frame and mattress in.

You have to tilt it first because no way can its width fit through the door.

If you are doing this alone, you gotta drag it in because you can't possibly lift it up.

Then you have to put it down and shift it to its designated area.

That would take me 30 minutes if I'm doing that with Suzy.

That would take me a year if I'm doing it alone.

I want to see how he is doing outside but I can't just open the door because it would be so obvious that I'm checking on him.

I look around the house and see the trash bag.

Suzy is sleeping on the floor. Dozed off, I mean.

I hold onto the trash bag and open the front door.

I'm going to pretend that I'm just going out to throw the trash.

But when I stepped out, I can see from the corner of my eye that all his furniture are gone. It's actually just two but it's still gone.

Now I'm staring at his apartment in disbelief.

Did he really shift everything inside within 15 minutes by himself???

 

Kim Mingyu, you are one crazy man.

 

MINGYU

 

My whole shirt is soaked with my sweat. She's right. I should have stayed at home when the deliverymen came, then I wouldn't have to shift all these by myself.

I'm exhausted.

I'm usually always tired but now I'm really exhausted.

I lift my shirt up and take it off, throwing it onto the floor.

I reach into the plastic bag to grab a can of beer. I push the lid up with my thumb and gulp down a mouthful of it.

I walk to my mini balcony with the beer in my left hand.

The sky is turning dark and gloomy.

Tomorrow is coming.

When will this misery end?

 

BRIANNE

There's school tomorrow but I can't seem to sleep. Is the floor too hard?

I took out some clothes from my luggage and spread it on the floor to cushion it.

It seems to work a little, but I still can't sleep.

Am I hungry?

Nah, I'm not hungry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter